Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Morning After: Lest not be fooled here

Indeee

The Ravens are NOT a good team this year. The Colts were up big for this reason. Whatever is being said by media regarding the Ravens, its smoke and absurd.

The Ravens lost to a much improved Raiders team who only recently fell apart amidst the Gruden stuff. They beat a very mediocre KC team whose defense is worse than ours and who are not that good this year especially against the run and the Ravens running game outside of Lamar, is putrid. They needed a 66 yard fg to beat DETROIT, and they beat a terrible Denver team who was only once 3 and 0 by beating even worse teams than them. They should not have beaten us but they best us and everyone on here knows WE ARE TERRIBLE right now.

Doesn't matter why. Doesn't matter if we shows signs of better stuff each week. WE ARE TERRIBLE right now.

I'm only writing this thread because I saw some on here using stuff like Lamar is great, Ravens are really good, blah, blah, blah. Its hogwash. This Ravens team is not good and next week the Chargers will wax them.

We lost because we are terrible. We are bottom tier. Thats it.

29 minutes ago, Indeee said:

The Ravens are NOT a good team this year. The Colts were up big for this reason. Whatever is being said by media regarding the Ravens, its smoke and absurd.

The Ravens lost to a much improved Raiders team who only recently fell apart amidst the Gruden stuff. They beat a very mediocre KC team whose defense is worse than ours and who are not that good this year especially against the run and the Ravens running game outside of Lamar, is putrid. They needed a 66 yard fg to beat DETROIT, and they beat a terrible Denver team who was only once 3 and 0 by beating even worse teams than them. They should not have beaten us but they best us and everyone on here knows WE ARE TERRIBLE right now.

Doesn't matter why. Doesn't matter if we shows signs of better stuff each week. WE ARE TERRIBLE right now.

I'm only writing this thread because I saw some on here using stuff like Lamar is great, Ravens are really good, blah, blah, blah. Its hogwash. This Ravens team is not good and next week the Chargers will wax them.

You got a lot of hate in you.... I like it. 

I think the Colts are more likely an average team without injuries, and a below average team with injuries. Also, Lamar has more individual yards then some entire offenses combined.  He is no push over. 

The Ravens are most certainly a good team. They are 4-1. Anyone in the NFL would scoff if you said a team wasn't good with a 4-1 record. Are they elite atm? Maybe not but they have that record despite ALOT of injuries this year.

Lamar is a damn good qb. What he did in the 4th was something many quarterbacks lesser than him have done to us in that quarter however. Thats the one part people shouldn't forget about this game. 

We still had bright spots though. Our offense did quite well versus their top rated defense. We just have some glaring obvious issues on the scheming/coaching side of things that were on full display in the 4th quarter.

We are consistently bad at a few spots, which does make us a bad team. Hopefully those things aren't ignored going forward or they'll continue to haunt us.

2 minutes ago, colts89 said:

The Ravens don't suck. They are 4-1. Thats hard to do for any team in the NFL despite their schedule.

Lamar is a damn good qb. What he did in the 4th was something many quarterbacks lesser than him have done to us in that quarter however. Thats the one part people shouldn't forget about this game. 

We still had bright spots though. Our offense did quite well versus their top rated defense. We just have some glaring obvious issues on the scheming/coaching side of things that were on full display in the 4th quarter.

We are consistently bad at a few spots, which does make us a bad team. Hopefully those things aren't ignored going forward or they'll continue to haunt us.

Show me where I said anywhere in my post that the ravens SUCK. Where??? 

I said the Ravens are NOT a good team THIS YEAR. 

Just now, Indeee said:

They are 4-1. They are most certainly a good team. You're right though you didn't say they suck. I'll correct my OP

42 minutes ago, Indeee said:

loop emoji GIF

Here’s the deal on the Ravens. This team could have been very elite. That being said, they have 16 players on IR, including their top three running backs , starting CB, left tackle, and down the line. Who did Wentz pick on last night, Peter’s replacement Averett . Losing LB LJ Fort is a blow to stop the opponents running game. 
Right now, it’s amazing they are 4-1, and it’s a testimony to the depth on the team. Make no mistake , Lamar is carrying this team. So is this the greatest Ravens team ? Absolutely not, because the injuries have been so catastrophic. All you can do is try to put together some wins and get more healthy. Unfortunately, when you lose all three of you running backs, an all pro corner , etc , there just isn’t a magic pill. 

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

Please reconsider/edit this post...and, tell us how you really feel.

I can't believe I Have to explain/defend this... Ha!!

Are the ravens 4-1... YES

It is suspect though, based on what I wrote in original post. 

When Denver was 3-0, as an example, it was suspect as they hadn't played any team that was really any good this year. Lately, we have found out that Denver actually ain't all that. It's the same with the ravens right now or at least should be in every conversation.

Right now based on what we all should know, the teams the ravens have beat are bottom feeders or seem to be in danger of heading there i.e. KC

I mean instead of the conversation being that the ravens are so great, Lamar is a magician and one of the up and coming greats or whatever... Why isn't the conversation this:

Why were the so-called great Ravens team, with one of the GREAT up and coming QBs in Jackson, losing 25-9 in the 4th quarter at home on Monday night to a 1-3 Indy team whose only win came against a terrible Miami team with a completely inept Jacoby Brissett?

I can guarantee you that if the Colts would have won last night by the blowout it should have been, the headlines about this "Great Ravens" team and this "Great QB" would have been totally the opposite and if anyone of you think otherwise you're lying to yourselves

I stand by my take. The Ravens are NOT good this year. If they beat the Chargers next week I might change my tune, but until then... Nope  

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

tom-hiddleston-loki-this-guy.gif

The Colts beat themselves last night 

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

Garbage. Terrible drivel. Back under your rock.

6 minutes ago, Indeee said:

When Denver was 3-0, as an example, it was suspect as they hadn't played any team that was really any good this year. Lately, we have found out that Denver actually ain't all that. It's the same with the ravens right now or at least should be in every conversation.

Right now based on what we all should know, the teams the ravens have beat are bottom feeders or seem to be in danger of heading there i.e. KC

I mean instead of the conversation being that the ravens are so great, Lamar is a magician and one of the up and coming greats or whatever... Why isn't the conversation this:

Why were the so-called great Ravens team, with one of the GREAT up and coming QBs in Jackson, losing 25-9 in the 4th quarter at home on Monday night to a 1-3 Indy team whose only win came against a terrible Miami team with a completely inept Jacoby Brissett?

I can guarantee you that if the Colts would have won last night by the blowout it should have been, the headlines about this "Great Ravens" team and this "Great QB" would have been totally the opposite and if anyone of you think otherwise you're lying to yourselves

I stand by my take. The Ravens are NOT good this year. If they beat the Chargers next week I might change my tune, but until then... Nope  

There is the old quote, “ You are what your record says you are .” 

I would disagree. I think the Ravens are a good team that has been gutted by injuries.

I also think that we are a good team that has been gutted by injuries and foolish coaching decisions. We are very similar to the Ravens.

I think we are a much better team than our record shows, and I think the rest of the season will prove that. Regardless of how painful last night was, there is no doubt in my mind that we have a good roster. We just have to execute.

14 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

There is the old quote, “ You are what your record says you are .” 

I get what that quote is trying to say, but in most cases I reject it. Yes your record dictates how your season ends up, but context is important.

Congrats on the win last night by the way

3 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

I get what that quote is trying to say, but in most cases I reject it. Yes your record dictates how your season ends up, but context is important.

Congrats on the win last night by the way

Thanks. Honestly, we are a banged up team. All of the wins , except for Denver, have been improbable. I don’t know what our final record will be , but we have a lot of injuries to overcome. If we play like we did against Detroit and the Colts , the Chargers are going to blow our doors off. 
It’s a week to week league, and the Ravens and the Colts are two of the most banged up teams. Right now Lamar is carrying this whole team, as we would be 0-5 without him. It’s not too different from Manning led Colt teams that were banged up, but you could still win a lot of games. You just have to take it week to week. 

9 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

I would disagree. I think the Ravens are a good team that has been gutted by injuries.

I also think that we are a good team that has been gutted by injuries and foolish coaching decisions. We are very similar to the Ravens.

I think we are a much better team than our record shows, and I think the rest of the season will prove that. Regardless of how painful last night was, there is no doubt in my mind that we have a good roster. We just have to execute.

Emphasize that part about “foolish coaching decisions” and you can isolate the main problem right there. Frank turning back into Frank occurred at the worst possible time. Hot Rod was hurt; the defensive secondary was reduced to a bunch of scrap just pulled off the heap; and Frank goes ultra conservative as if none of the above exists and plays for a FG. After having called a pretty darn good game for three quarters. 
And Eberflus’ scheme…… can we all agree it’s just awful, with or without any DB talent? 
This team, banged up as it was, should have been able to easily win that game last night. The fact that they didn’t hangs on two people: Reich and Eberflus. One for incredibly poor play calling judgement, once again, in crunch time; the other for failing to adapt his D to the same plays the Ravens ran over and over and over again in the 4th qtr. 
I feel badly for the players; they are being consistently let down by the coaching leaders on this team. 

2 hours ago, Indeee said:

We're not terrible.  We're obviously not all that good.  But we're not terrible.

The offense looked good most of the night -- sometimes very good.  Wentz and Taylor both played at a high level.  And this with 40% of our offensive line in street clothes.  Campbell finally had a pretty productive game.

I thought the defense played very well for about 3 quarters.  Yeah, they got gassed -- and the Ravens took full advantage of our shortage of secondary players.

But I really think this game comes down mostly -- not entirely, just mostly -- to our 3 major special teams blunders:  missed PAT, blocked FG, and missed FG.  Any fully detailed analysis of the game would note the obvious fact that our defense was poor in the 4th quarter.  We had no pressure on Jackson, couldn't cover Andrews to save our life, and missed a slew of tackles.

We've got some things to fix.  And, yeah, it's not looking promising to make the playoffs this year -- even once we finally get healthy.

But there is a VERY nice silver lining to the clouds of our first 5 games:  we've got ourselves a quarterback.  Wentz was the #1 question mark coming into the season.  The surprise pre-season surgery and early ankle sprains disrupted things for him.  But he's played well enough the first few games -- and was terrific last night.

Finding that QB isn't the only ingredient for NFL success.  But it's about like flour in a cake:  good luck making one without it.  We've got it -- and that's very encouraging for the future. 

53 minutes ago, Indeee said:

You only have to defend it because you are wrong.   The Ravens are not a great team.   The Ravens are not a bad team.  The Ravens ARE a good team.  

I was watching "Good Morning Football" on NFLTV, and D'Angelo Hall definitely agrees with you.

So if they are a bad team at 4-1, what does that make us at 1-4?  

I get where you’re going with this, but if we don’t show up for the easier part of our schedule this post will not age well at all.  

And tbh, the way we played against Miami, I don’t think this post is going to age well.  

What NFL analysts said the Ravens were great ? Most know they are a talented team, but riddled with injuries. 
Honestly , Baltimore and Lamar are usually not included on the NFL hype train of ESPN , NFL Network , and the like. Baltimore rarely gets any props from the National press. They would rather talk about Dallas , or the latest controversy du jour. 

Right now , it’s just a gutty 4-1 team trying to overcome 16 players on IR, not counting Watkins and Cleveland, who went out last night. Frankly, I’m shocked we are 4-1, and in first place in the division. Some of our players will be coming back from injuries, but there is no cavalry coming at RB, LB, or CB. 
With all these injuries it’s hard to tell how they will do week to week. No one is putting them In Buffalo’s or the LA Chargers class at this juncture. We will find out more next week against the Chargers. 

4 hours ago, Indeee said:

What's it like to be so wrong?

4 hours ago, Indeee said:

Yep. As the man once said "You are exactly who your record says you are".

As long as the Ravens have Lamar Jackson, they have a chance to beat anyone. You had a real chance to bury them and you let them come back. By the time they scored the final TD in regulation, you knew that the 2 point conversation was going to be good even though they had failed earlier. Something about momentum. When you lost the toss, I knew the Colts offense would be unlikely to see the field.

5 hours ago, Indeee said:

What is their record this year so far? They play what the schedule dictates so judge it for what it is. The Colts are at the "bottom tier" as you say but there are three ways to travel, sideways, down or up. Since no one can predict the future we have to guess and I see very little that will keep the Colts from getting better. As for finishing look at the W-L records of previous years playoff teams including the Colts. Stay tuned there is more to come.

4 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I stopped reading after the OP said the Ravens aren’t a good team.  They are 4-1 including playing three of the first four on the road and winning over KC.  You can be mad the Colts lost but the Ravens are a good team.

Are not a good team THIS YEAR so far. I did not say they are not a good team. If you want to look at record as you have implied. As I stated, this ravens team needed a miracle 66 yard FG to beat the 0-5 Lions and a complete collapse of the 1-3 Colts to win in OT. The Colts should have blown them out. Not win by 1, not win by 6. Blown out. 

That's two of those 4 wins you are hanging your hat on and if you think that shows a good team then I'm sorry, you and I will disagree. You see good team, I see really lucky.

2 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

What NFL analysts said the Ravens were great ? Most know they are a talented team, but riddled with injuries. 
Honestly , Baltimore and Lamar are usually not included on the NFL hype train of ESPN , NFL Network , and the like. Baltimore rarely gets any props from the National press. They would rather talk about Dallas , or the latest controversy du jour. 

Right now , it’s just a gutty 4-1 team trying to overcome 16 players on IR, not counting Watkins and Cleveland, who went out last night. Frankly, I’m shocked we are 4-1, and in first place in the division. Some of our players will be coming back from injuries, but there is no cavalry coming at RB, LB, or CB. 
With all these injuries it’s hard to tell how they will do week to week. No one is putting them In Buffalo’s or the LA Chargers class at this juncture. We will find out more next week against the Chargers. 

You could certainly say the same for the Colts in regards to injuries and whatever right now with exception that we are not lucking into wins right now. Yes, I do believe that the Detroit game and the Colts game victories for the Ravens were pure luck. In any event, that 4-1 record is highly misleading. I don't care about the reasoning, i.e. injuries or whatever, basing it strictly on those wins/record as most on here are, you are correct as they should not be in first place nor hold a 4-1 record. They should be at best 2-2. My assessment would be the same if the Colts were in the Ravens position right now. I would be grateful for the record but honest about it at same time. The Chargers game is your first measuring stick. Just don't let injuries be the excuse when they wax you because it goes both ways. If the ravens beat the Chargers I will reach out to you and gladly eat some of that old crow your spewing, but until then I've got to see it to believe it. :thmup:

3 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

I was watching "Good Morning Football" on NFLTV, and D'Angelo Hall definitely agrees with you.

If that is true then good for D Hall and thanks for sharing as I did not see the show this morning. I can't believe so many on here defending the ravens. You'd think we were on Ravens forum...Ha!!

4 hours ago, Myles said:

You only have to defend it because you are wrong.   The Ravens are not a great team.   The Ravens are not a bad team.  The Ravens ARE a good team.  

They are a good team normally BUT NOT SO FAR THIS YEAR. I'm sorry for the caps but what I'm saying is getting lost in translation or most are not really paying attention to what I'm saying. Again, I don't care about the reasoning, but a good team does not need a 66 yard FG to beat the 0-5 Lions and they most certainly do not get blown out by a 1-3 Colts team, whose only saving grace win so far this season was the benefit of playing Jacoby Brissett or we would be 0-5 as well, for 3 straight quarters at home in prime time before an epic collapse by the opposing team allowed them to easily win the game. Again, imho this Ravens team is not good at this moment. They are lucky

4 hours ago, luv_pony_express said:

We're not terrible.  We're obviously not all that good.  But we're not terrible.

The offense looked good most of the night -- sometimes very good.  Wentz and Taylor both played at a high level.  And this with 40% of our offensive line in street clothes.  Campbell finally had a pretty productive game.

I thought the defense played very well for about 3 quarters.  Yeah, they got gassed -- and the Ravens took full advantage of our shortage of secondary players.

But I really think this game comes down mostly -- not entirely, just mostly -- to our 3 major special teams blunders:  missed PAT, blocked FG, and missed FG.  Any fully detailed analysis of the game would note the obvious fact that our defense was poor in the 4th quarter.  We had no pressure on Jackson, couldn't cover Andrews to save our life, and missed a slew of tackles.

We've got some things to fix.  And, yeah, it's not looking promising to make the playoffs this year -- even once we finally get healthy.

But there is a VERY nice silver lining to the clouds of our first 5 games:  we've got ourselves a quarterback.  Wentz was the #1 question mark coming into the season.  The surprise pre-season surgery and early ankle sprains disrupted things for him.  But he's played well enough the first few games -- and was terrific last night.

Finding that QB isn't the only ingredient for NFL success.  But it's about like flour in a cake:  good luck making one without it.  We've got it -- and that's very encouraging for the future. 

My friend, every single person who keeps commenting on this is not reading what I wrote or doesn't understand the context. I didn't say we, the Colts, were terrible. I said we, the Colts, were terrible RIGHT NOW. Sorry for the caps but I'm speaking of the present, not as a whole. There are 13 games left. 

5 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Garbage. Terrible drivel. Back under your rock.

Dude awesome share!! I mean some people might remind themselves in the daily mirror that their day is going to be great but hey if you wanna use those words to motivate yourself, who am I to criticize!! :thmup:

Archived