Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eason a healthy scratch


John Hammonds
 Share

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

You think Frank is the answer and I don’t.  You and the owner believe he will lead the team to a Super Bowl or two and I don’t believe that. So we disagree and hope you are right and I’m wrong. We will all be happy should this result happen. 


Id like to be clear about a few things.   I’ve never once stated that I think we will win a Super Bowl with Reich.   Not once.   But I think he’s a playoff level HC for now.   He’s only in his 4th year as a HC.  So I expect him to get better.   
 

Think of Andy Reid.   He didn’t win a Super Bowl until roughly his 15th season, maybe more.   People used to call Reid one of the best HC’s to NEVER win a SB.   I’m sure there were plenty of Eagles and Chiefs fans who thought Reid would never win a SB.   But he did.  

How about Pete Carroll?   Flamed out in three seasons with the Pats.  Flamed out after one year with the Jets.    Didn’t have a winning season until Y3 in Seattle.   Coaches CAN get better. 
 

I hope Reich gets better.   He does plenty to make me scratch my head.   I’m not blind to his short comings.   I just think it’s silly to think he’s not good or isn’t going to get better.   Will he become good enough to win a SB?   I don’t know?   But I think it’s obvious he’s a playoff level coach.   And for right now, I think that’s good enough, at least for me….

 

Your mileage may vary….

 

Sorry this went long….

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:


Id like to be clear about a few things.   I’ve never once stated that I think we will win a Super Bowl with Reich.   Not once.   But I think he’s a playoff level HC for now.   He’s only in his 4th year as a HC.  So I expect him to get better.   
 

Think of Andy Reid.   He didn’t win a Super Bowl until roughly his 15th season, maybe more.   People used to call Reid one of the best HC’s to NEVER win a SB.   I’m sure there were plenty of Eagles and Chiefs fans who thought Reid would never win a SB.   But he did.  

How about Pete Carroll?   Flamed out in three seasons with the Pats.  Flamed out after one year with the Jets.    Didn’t have a winning season until Y3 in Seattle.   Coaches CAN get better. 
 

I hope Reich gets better.   He does plenty to make me scratch my head.   I’m not blind to his short comings.   I just think it’s silly to think he’s not good or isn’t going to get better.   Will he become good enough to win a SB?   I don’t know?   But I think it’s obvious he’s a playoff level coach.   And for right now, I think that’s good enough, at least for me….

 

Your mileage may vary….

 

Sorry this went long….

It’s very rare for those in leadership and fandom to have enough patience for a head coach to truly come into their own. It can take years for it all to click. Even Bill B took some time to become a winning head coach. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

It’s very rare for those in leadership and fandom to have enough patience for a head coach to truly come into their own. It can take years for it all to click. Even Bill B took some time to become a winning head coach. 

 

Appreciate you pointing this out.

 

Which is why I feel so good about Reich's extension matching up with Ballard's.    They're now joined at the hip.   The believe in each other,  they support each other.    I think that makes for a better run franchise.     And Irsay has committed to both for the next 6 seasons.    That shows faith.     I think in the long run that will pay off for the Colts.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Appreciate you pointing this out.

 

Which is why I feel so good about Reich's extension matching up with Ballard's.    They're now joined at the hip.   The believe in each other,  they support each other.    I think that makes for a better run franchise.     And Irsay has committed to both for the next 6 seasons.    That shows faith.     I think in the long run that will pay off for the Colts.

 

Jim definitely knows the value of patience. He’s never been one to make rash knee-jerk decisions. One of the things I like and admire about him. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Shive locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...