Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Ravens, Monday, Oct. 11, 2021, 8:15PM

NFLfan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wentz was not the problem. Our defense was. They cannot play 60 minutes of good football, even when key players are healthy. That falls on Eberflus. Enough of playing nice to this Josh McDaniels pick. He has to go. Same thing last year too across several games, we have enough of a sample space now. 

Yes, Frank played not to lose but we made Gardner Minshew and Lamar Jackson have Joe Montana like numbers against us, that is on D.

1 minute ago, Old Colt said:

No, it is toast.... time to dump Ebeeflus and Ballard for the lack of depth...be lucky to win 6 games

Damn.  Tough crowd.  Our number 6 and 7;dbs suck and you want blood.  Get real.

Just now, Wyldhorsefan said:

The last 2 years all that money that Ballard had to spend, and he spends hardly nothing. Instead he decides to re sign players on this team. And look at what it's getting them in return. Thanks Chris!

It's Allllllll spent baby.

Just now, chad72 said:

Wentz was not the problem. Our defense was. They cannot play 60 minutes of good football, even when key players are healthy. That falls on Eberflus. Enough of playing nice to this Josh McDaniels pick. He has to go. Same thing last year too. 

Yes, Frank played not to lose but we made Gardner Minshew and Lamar Jackson have Joe Montana like numbers against us, that is on D.

Also, Ballard is to bla.e, no depth.  Defensive backfield has been a problem for years and he has not fixed it...in fact it is worse.... he needs to go too

3 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Cant wait for another week of the NFL talking heads to look at the box score and then spend all week talking about how garbage our team is. Been really enjoying that the last five weeks, glad it will continue

Problem is the talking heads are right....

This one just flat out HURTS!
I didn’t think we had a shot and then 1Q I thought... Maybe.

2Q I thought - HOLY Cow!
3Q I thought this would be one of those games we talk about for years!
4Q started and thought... OH FUUUUUUUUUUUDGE (But I didn’t say FUDGE!)

4 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

Also, Ballard is to bla.e, no depth.  Defensive backfield has been a problem for years and he has not fixed it...in fact it is worse.... he needs to go too

Unless you are the Patriots, teams rarely have 7 good defensive backs and unless you are a team that plays 3 safeties more often with a safety that can be interchangeable as a corner, down 3 CBs is a tough ask. The odds of 3 CBs all being injured leaving us with only Kenny Moore out there is rare. Bigger question is, why do we have so many injuries across the board? 

Happened with Grigson, then with Ballard, maybe they should all take up TB12 therapy.

1 minute ago, SchlicterSZN said:

Bottom line, this cost us nothing.  Go enjoy your Sunday on something fun this fall/winter.  Check in if you wanna, watch now and then... No reason to sweat it.  

Not even ... This is that inexperience I mentioned above. Lol.

What a weak comment to match your weak mentality. It was a close game that the kicker cost us. If you want to take the rest of the season off, be my guest.

4 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

lol did we watch the same game? Wentz had a fantastic game 

Yup….he should have checked out of at least none plays. He still holds the ball way to long and he missed too many open receivers.  He also threw a 100 mph fastball to Taylor who was 8 yds away.

I’m sinking back into a depression (wishing we had drafted Justin Fields).  I could live with these results and being 1-4 with a rookie QB.  At least we’d have a future to look forward too.  We’re just not playing a complimentary and winning brand of football.  The offense, defense, & special teams all have to cover for each other.  We’re just not very complimentary this year. 

2 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I’m sinking back into a depression (wishing we had drafted Justin Fields).  I could live with these results and being 1-4 with a rookie QB.  At least we’d have a future to look forward too.  We’re just not playing a complimentary and winning brand of football.  The offense, defense, & special teams all have to cover for each other.  We’re just not very complimentary this year. 

On some levels you are right but Wentz played great tonight I thought. Also we make 1 kick everyone's tune changes. 

Archived