Yes, it's still winnable

John Hammonds

Even if we lose Monday night.

We've got 2x games vs Houston

We've got 2x games vs Jax

We've got the Jets

We've got the 49'ers

We've got the Patriots

All winnable games (making 8 wins, for those playing at home)

After that it's Cardinals, Raiders, Titans at Lucas Oil, Bills and Bucs

Surely we can get 2 wins out of those 5 games?  Maybe?

It ain't over yet!

It's certainly possible. 

I might also hit the lottery this weekend.

In all seriousness, their OT situation could even things up a lot. 

So very winnable if certain things fall a certain way.

Their D is also not near as intimidating as it used to be. Maybe it will be though against our OL?

The Titans are looking average so far luckily. 9 wins could win the division, the key is winning the rematch vs the Titans and getting the tiebreaker over them. I can see wins over:

-Texans twice

-Jags twice

-Jets

-Patriots

-Raiders

-Titans in the rematch, (8) + we won last week.

That puts us at 9 if we lose this week. Sweeping the Jags which we rarely do is a must this year.

42 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Titans are looking average so far luckily. 9 wins could win the division, the key is winning the rematch vs the Titans and getting the tiebreaker over them. I can see wins over:

-Texans twice

-Jags twice

-Jets

-Patriots

-Raiders

-Titans in the rematch, (8) + we won last week.

That puts us at 9 if we lose this week. Sweeping the Jags which we rarely do is a must this year.

Take a look at the Titans injury report.

They are beat up as bad or worse than we are. Just differently.

https://www.tennesseetitans.com/team/injury-report/week/REG-4

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Take a look at the Titans injury report.

They are beat up as bad or worse than we are. Just differently.

https://www.tennesseetitans.com/team/injury-report/week/REG-4

Damn, that is bad. Worse than us. We may lose Monday but even at 1-4 it isn't over. Had we started 0-5 it probably would've been curtains but we won.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Damn, that is bad. Worse than us. We may lose Monday but even at 1-4 it isn't over. Had we started 0-5 it probably would've been curtains but we won.

There's always a shot, or mathematic possibility, until there isn't. But 1-4 is a tough row to hoe. 

15 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

There's always a shot, or mathematic possibility, until there isn't. But 1-4 is a tough row to hoe. 

I think in order to get into the playoffs we will have to win our division which is doable if the Titans lay some stinkers and have injured players every week. We have to win the rematch though, that is a must. Like I posted above, it may only take 9 wins.

8 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

We've got the Jets

We've got the 49'ers

We've got the Patriots

It ain't over yet!

We definitely should win both games against the Texans, but we haven't beaten the Jags at @Jacksonville since 2014.

I'm seeing this:

2 wins against the Texans

1 win against Jags

1 win against the Jets

If the 49'ers are playing Lance we have a chance, but the 49'ers are a way more talented team than us. Even with an average QB like Garaptapollorollo (..) they are still 2-2 with close losses to the Packers and Seahawks.

Belichick has had our number since forever. Even without Brady it's still going to be a close game.

Even so we have to win some of these 50/50 games if we want to get to the playoffs and we definitely have to beat the Titans next time.

AFC south is the weakest division in Football. NFC East has the Cowboys who look like a force now and both the Titans and Colts havnt looked great so far. We all know about the two dumpster fires in Hou and Jax. That being said we can easily win this division yes, Health I think will be the main thing going forward.

Kittle to IR.  So he’ll miss our game vs 49ers.  Things are setting up nicely for us to make a run if we can just get this upset vs the Ravens on Monday.  We can go into that 2nd Titans game riding a 4 game win streak and possibly with the chance of putting some distance between us and them.  

23 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

Kittle to IR.  So he’ll miss our game vs 49ers.  Things are setting up nicely for us to make a run if we can just get this upset vs the Ravens on Monday.  We can go into that 2nd Titans game riding a 4 game win streak and possibly with the chance of putting some distance between us and them.  

That is big for the colts. The only bad thing is SF will be coming off their Bye week while we have to travel out west.

Gimme a break!  

This team is going 1-4 and is not getting to .500 for the season.

I feel sorry for Wentz who is playing his heart out and thought he was coming to a good team.

Tell Ballard to start drafting some GOOD skill players (especially a backup QB) who are NOT injury-prone and NOT 6th,7th rounders.

2 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

Gimme a break!  

This team is going 1-4 and is not getting to .500 for the season.

I feel sorry for Wentz who is playing his heart out and thought he was coming to a good team.

Tell Ballard to start drafting some GOOD skill players (especially a backup QB) who are NOT injury-prone and NOT 6th,7th rounders.

Even if we lose tomorrow night we have a good schedule the next 4 games where we could get back to .500.

Well we made the playoffs in a 16 game season where we started 1-5, so yeah of course we can make it in a 17 game season where we start 1-3.

I ways thought we would struggle out the gate. New QB with limited practice time due to injury, we lost 2 vets on the DL and replaced them with rookies, we are depending on an unusual number of young players in key areas (DE,WR), had some injuries and uncharacteristic poor play from our OL......I mean it wasnt expected we would win every game coming into this.

My hope is that this team will figure it out at some point this season and have a few young players emerge and establish themselves as elite contributors (Pittman, Campbell, Paye, Turay, etc). 

And I havent lost that yet, because you see it all the time in sports. A team just clicks and suddenly they look completely different. Its the biggest reason I try to always be optimistic.

4 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

Well we made the playoffs in a 16 game season where we started 1-5, so yeah of course we can make it in a 17 game season where we start 1-3.

I ways thought we would struggle out the gate. New QB with limited practice time due to injury, we lost 2 vets on the DL and replaced them with rookies, we are depending on an unusual number of young players in key areas (DE,WR), had some injuries and uncharacteristic poor play from our OL......I mean it wasnt expected we would win every game coming into this.

My hope is that this team will figure it out at some point this season and have a few young players emerge and establish themselves as elite contributors (Pittman, Campbell, Paye, Turay, etc). 

And I havent lost that yet, because you see it all the time in sports. A team just clicks and suddenly they look completely different. Its the biggest reason I try to always be optimistic.

I am just going to enjoy watching the team hopefully just keep improving. Then  hopefully next year we start the season well with the chemistry we built this year.

7 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I am just going to enjoy watching the team hopefully just keep improving. Then  hopefully next year we start the season well with the chemistry we built this year.

Thats all you can do Chloe. 

Sports is most fun when youre optimistic and hopeful. Being dissapointed with a belief it will get better is always better than just being hopeless. JMO

Im super excited to see how we play tomorrow night. This is a big game for Carson Wentz. If hes any kind of competitor he is tired of hearing people criticize him and hes gonna view this game as an opportunity to shut them all up. Every young guy we have should be excited to play under the lights on a national stage. It doesnt get any better than this for a professional athlete. Games like tomorrow night are what they live for.

Go Colts

9 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

Thats all you can do Chloe. 

Sports is most fun when youre optimistic and hopeful. Being dissapointed with a belief it will get better is always better than just being hopeless. JMO

Im super excited to see how we play tomorrow night. This is a big game for Carson Wentz. If hes any kind of competitor he is tired of hearing people criticize him and hes gonna view this game as an opportunity to shut them all up. Every young guy we have should be excited to play under the lights on a national stage. It doesnt get any better than this for a professional athlete. Games like tomorrow night are what they live for.

Go Colts

As long as we are competing even with the better teams I will be happy. Just as long as we  don’t look like a terrible team.

I agree about it being big for Wentz. They have been dogging  him and don’t even realize he has been playing well.

6 minutes ago, Mitch Connors said:

The idea that the Colts can make the playoffs by beating all the bad teams and losing to all the good ones doesn't really instill confidence. Show up tonight vs a potential playoff team and get a win. 

IMO tonight is a must win game.

They will probably beat a team of two they shouldn’t along the line but they can’t lose to bad teams. They are now in a spot they have to run all of the ones they should.

On 10/8/2021 at 9:08 PM, John Hammonds said:

We've got the Jets

We've got the 49'ers

We've got the Patriots

It ain't over yet!

Do you really wanna take this crappy team to the playoffs 

On 10/8/2021 at 9:26 PM, BProland85 said:

49ers and Patriots games could be tougher than most think. The only games Indy should win are the Jets and the 2 Houston and Jacksonville games. 

And we know the Colts somehow often lose down in Jax even when favored so it may only be five wins there instead of six. Smh 

1 hour ago, Freenyfan102 said:

Do you really wanna take this crappy team to the playoffs 

First round exit at best.  I don't think playoffs are in the cards for us this year though. Too many other teams that are simply better in the AFC and right now Colts finding ways to lose...not what playoff teams do. 

8 more than winnable games. Titans very beatable at home and if we get and stay healthy we can beat any of the 3 others, Bucs, Cardinals and Bills. Bucs and Bills offenses are super great but if we play the way we did in the first 3 quarters vs the Ravens, and stay aggressive we could keep it close.

we are lucky we are in such a terrible division we could make the playoffs only winning 9 games this year .   titans will be exposed this week and next week .  titans have chiefs and bills coming up if they lose both and the colts can beat the texans and a really beat up 49ers team both the titans and colts will be 3-4 .  we could be playing for first place hosting the titans . We have to hope the titans suck

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

we are lucky we are in such a terrible division we could make the playoffs only winning 9 games this year .   titans will be exposed this week and next week .  titans have chiefs and bills coming up if they lose both and the colts can beat the texans and a really beat up 49ers team both the titans and colts will be 3-4 .  we could be playing for first place hosting the titans . We have to hope the titans suck

The only thing I caution you about with the chiefs is their defense is so bad. Titans can keep yo with them offensively most likely. 

Archived