Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We need to break this one tendency offensively…

Rolltide_gocolts

I’ve watched Frank call plays for 4 yrs now… the last 3 yrs ( post Andrew era) I’ve noticed EVERY 2nd down call is an inside zone to the left either from the gun or single back…  now that’s me noticing this from cbs/fox  broadcast.. I know opposing DCs are keying  in on this with even more detail.  This is why we stall out so much in the course of a game. We are and have been extremely predictable on the first 2 downs which kills our 3rd  down efficiency.  This i believe will open up our offense considerably.. this was not a problem with Andrew was here which is why offense was the way it was.. let’s give Carson the same strategy and I’m sure we see a totally different offense 

14 minutes ago, Rolltide_gocolts said:

I’ve watched Frank call plays for 4 yrs now… the last 3 yrs ( post Andrew era) I’ve noticed EVERY 2nd down call is an inside zone to the left either from the gun or single back…  now that’s me noticing this from cbs/fox  broadcast.. I know opposing DCs are keying  in on this with even more detail.  This is why we stall out so much in the course of a game. We are and have been extremely predictable on the first 2 downs which kills our 3rd  down efficiency.  This i believe will open up our offense considerably.. this was not a problem with Andrew was here which is why offense was the way it was.. let’s give Carson the same strategy and I’m sure we see a totally different offense 

I've noticed the same thing.  To the point where on 2nd down I say, here's a one yard run.  If the O line is fully healthy, it's probably a decent play call.

I'm not sure statistically if that's accurate or we just notice it when it happens though.  I don't have a problem running on 2nd and long, but like you said, it's a low percentage run when it's the same spot.

I’m sure Frank is a phenomenal headcoach and the players play their hearts out for him, but he needs to hand off playcalling to Brady. I haven’t really thought too much about his playcalling these past few seasons but it has really stood out this year - it’s bad. 

Archived