Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nelson to IR

indyagent17

This will give us a good look at Reed.

What if Reed plays well, really well? Would it then be worth paying Q a GIANT contract when you have a guy that can play well for so much cheaper?

Just thinking out loud. We'll see what happens.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Flash7 said:

What if Reed plays well, really well? Would it then be worth paying Q a GIANT contract when you have a guy that can play well for so much cheaper?

Especially a guy with chronic back issues. It’s sad but it’s something the team has to think about.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Kinda figured this would happen. He might not be ready after 3 weeks either. Just a guess, but I'm thinking he's more banged up than they're letting on.

Not going to make anyone's life easier on that side of the ball. 

I don't want to get too far ahead, but that talk about the first going to Philly is going to get louder and louder, like it or not.

8 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

The disconnect between what this team communicates publicly and what actually happens has reached farcical levels.  

My guess is they need his roster spot and after Ballard and Reich sat down they decided this spot was the best way to go since they have Reed. Nelson hurt his knee too and with the back it’s probably for  the best.

21 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Kinda figured this would happen. He might not be ready after 3 weeks either. Just a guess, but I'm thinking he's more banged up than they're letting on.

I don't want to get too far ahead, but that talk about the first going to Philly is going to get louder and louder, like it or not.

There’s no way Irsay will let that happen. If/when it becomes clear Colts can’t make the playoffs Irsay will make the call to shutdown Wentz.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, The Fish said:

What's this have to do with talk of the first to philly?  If Wentz plays, it goes. Nothing's changed 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

The disconnect between what this team communicates publicly and what actually happens has reached farcical levels.  

They said he was hurt....then said he had multiple injuries...then said he went to IR. That's pretty open and normal.

• Like 1

Just now, SchlicterSZN said:

What's this have to do with talk of the first to philly?  If Wentz plays, it goes. Nothing's changed 

Your big takeaway from Q going on IR (and again, don't be shocked if he's out longer than 3 games- we'll see) and how that's going to affect the team's overall performance, which translates into Wins and Losses, is "nothing's changed"?

The team got worse is what happened. That draft pick going to Philly is going to be a top 10 pick at the rate this is all unfolding. The talk is going to get louder about the nature of the deal and what to do about it ie. should Wentz be playing.. Call it a prediction. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SchlicterSZN said:

They said he was hurt....then said he had multiple injuries...then said he went to IR. That's pretty open and normal.

“Probably not looking good for Quenton this week,” Colts head coach Frank Reich said. “I’m not ready to rule him out or anything like that, he’s a quick healer, but we’re probably not optimistic about this week.”

I’m sorry for thinking going from this to IR in 3 days is hilarious. 

I don’t care if they don’t tell us anything.  Just don’t insult our intelligence.  I respect Bill B. even more now.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

“Probably not looking good for Quenton this week,” Colts head coach Frank Reich said. “I’m not ready to rule him out or anything like that, he’s a quick healer, but we’re probably not optimistic about this week.”

I’m sorry for thinking going from this to IR in 3 days is hilarious. 

I don’t care if they don’t tell us anything.  Just don’t insult our intelligence.  I respect Bill B. even more now.

Yup, felt the same. 

Either it was complete bull sheet from the get go, or they didn't know about something. 

And you have to think he got every scan and test possible... So just can't buy them not knowing.

Or... it was bad, but they were trying to push him to rush back and he said, "we suck, aint going to the playoffs, and I'm not going to risk screwing up my future while I'm in a contract year"..... and maybe "talk to me in 2-3 weeks once I'm healed, and oh by the way, have that extension paperwork ready" lol.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Yea pay Nelson but look at reed to possibly replace glow lol

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

The Colts have to be the most snake bitten franchise out there.  Someone please check to make sure that Horse Shoe is right side up.  Good lord.

Check out the Titans injury list. They r 2 and 1

7 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Not sure why they haven’t put Wentz on there as well since he clearly isn’t as mobile as he should be. 

This would be a great time to do it. Then bring him back when the entire oline is healthy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Yup and their O line has injuries. There is no way I am signing Nelson to a long term deal.

Which in a way means Reich has to do a better job coaching around injuries. Harbaugh  has done a good job. I get it sometimes there are just to many to your best players but coaching matters.

1 hour ago, Flash7 said:

Move q to tackle if that happens

• Like 3