Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Say we end up with a top 10 pick

Patrick Miller

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Look, I'm trying to sell this idea, so if it comes to that.. 

I don’t think Rodgers makes the Colts SB contenders even if the team was 100% healthy. The Colts biggest difference makers are at OG, WILL, 3T and maybe JT. 

The pass rush, secondary, TE and WR are mediocre at best. 

1 minute ago, GoHorse1992 said:

No because I don’t consider anything other than QB, pass rush, OT, CB, and maybe WR to be a premium position

And to clarify further…the Colts at this point cannot afford to waste a first round pick on a non premium position…so that’s why I felt the need to emphasize premium

"Hey grandma....I know I said I loved you and all.....but your output now is garbage. I know I said that we should stick together, and have each others backs in the family.....but really? I was just saying % to get you to work harder for the family. Sorry, but I can get a younger grandma for a cheaper contract. But honestly? you still have talent and some family is going to pick you up...I just know it..."

In all seriousness, the culture that Ballard is building my not be what some fans want, but to abandon it as it is being built is exactly the kind of move that the Jags or the Browns have done for so long. Have some strength and see this through for a bit. 

6 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Have you guys seen how tough the Titans schedule is once we get to the middle of the season. They have bills, KC, colts, Rams, Saints all right there in the middle of the schedule. If colts can just get their footing and get healthy second half of season could be interesting.

I know I seen it, that is why I haven't done this yet Season 4 Falling GIF by The Simpsons- if we beat them in the rematch and they lose to the Bills, Rams, and Chiefs which definitely could happen than it is anyone's division still.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know I seen it, that is why I haven't done this yet Season 4 Falling GIF by The Simpsons- if we beat them in the rematch and they lose to the Bills, Rams, and Chiefs which definitely could happen than it is anyone's division still.

We just need to see a hint of this colts team improving. Right now we don’t see it. They can also score which means they can hang with a lot of these teams.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

We just need to see a hint of this colts team improving. Right now we don’t see it.

Miami may be what the doctor ordered. So far out of who we have played they will be the easiest opponent + JB is QB. Then again JB has shown he can play good in spurts. Nothing is easy at this point but we should win next Sunday if we are any good at all.

41 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I don’t think Rodgers makes the Colts SB contenders even if the team was 100% healthy. The Colts biggest difference makers are at OG, WILL, 3T and maybe JT. 

The pass rush, secondary, TE and WR are mediocre at best. 

Rodgers wouldn't make the Jags a SB contender, but he'd probably get them in as a Wild Card. The Jets... that might be a tall order. But other than that, he's making basically every option that doesn't already have their guy, a contender. 

He'd make the Colts a contender, easy. And they'd find him a WR. Great QB's make WR's. 

Feel free to disagree (you do!). 

Just now, The Fish said:

Rodgers wouldn't make the Jags a SB contender, but he'd probably get them in as a Wild Card.

He'd make the Colts a contender, easy. And they'd find him a WR. Great QB's make WR's. 

Feel free to disagree (you do!). 

@The Fish I respect you and you are a very knowledgeable poster. I’m talking with the current team, Rodgers doesn’t make them SB contenders. 

Now if you add D. Adams or Hopkins to the roster, I’d be more inclined to agree. 

There is no QB worth a high first rounder this year.

That being said, there were rumblings of unhappiness in the Seahawks camp last year with Russel Wilson. I’d give up that top ten pick and the next year’s first for him. He’s simply a game-changer, and while I like Wentz, he is not, at least not to that same level.

But we all know that unless Wentz has the kind of season he had last year, he will be our QB next season. He and Reich are tied at the hip now, for better or for worse.

2 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Have you guys seen how tough the Titans schedule is once we get to the middle of the season. They have bills, KC, colts, Rams, Saints all right there in the middle of the schedule. If colts can just get their footing and get healthy second half of season could be interesting.

-Tough schedule

...Bills, KC, Colts, Rams, Saints...

One of those teams sticks out like a sore thumb

21 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

What negative national attention?   Huh? 

So far, judging by ESPN and NFL.com, we are basically being ignored by the MSM.   Almost no in is talking about us very much.  Who would say something bad about Wentz when the two biggest things he’s done are 1.) rushed himself back from a broken foot.  And 2.).  Rushed himself back and played a week after two sprained ankles. 

The only negative thing he’s done negatively is not get vaccinated.   And while I don’t like it,  it’s not being talked about. 

What are you talking about? 

Don’t know what rock you’ve been living under, but folks in sports media are growing tired of Wentz. His mental toughness was already being questioned after the Philly departure. Media isn’t taking kindly to his stance on the vaccine, nor him contorting his body in reckless, non-ideal ways that beg for even more injuries. It makes it hard for those who were already questioning the man to root for him. That’s the negative attention I’m referring to. 

40 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

Don’t know what rock you’ve been living under, but folks in sports media are growing tired of Wentz. His mental toughness was already being questioned after the Philly departure. Media isn’t taking kindly to his stance on the vaccine, nor him contorting his body in reckless, non-ideal ways that beg for even more injuries. It makes it hard for those who were already questioning the man to root for him. That’s the negative attention I’m referring to. 

You pay way too much attention to the wrong people. 

As I said, ESPN and the NFL Network barely talk about us.    

As to everyone else?    Who cares?!?   

Ballard doesn’t.  Reich doesn’t.   Irsay doesn’t.     By the way, I spent 30 years working in the media.   I’ve forgotten more about media than you’ve ever learned.  That’s the rock I crawled out from under.   Stop your crying over nothing and man-up!

Archived