Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why healthy scratch Strachan?

DaColts85

This guy has shown promise plus is a another key big body weapon so why scratch him and bring up Harris? I understand the Dulin presence based on ST but not having him out there is a big thing to me. Maybe I am overreacting but he has shown a lot of promise. We need to play him! What are others thoughts. 

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Doesn't run block.  Not a polished route runner.  Doesn't play special teams.  His only game thus far is good hands and makes contested catches.  Gotta have a bit more of an all around game to see the field.  

Or we could use his strengths until he becomes a more rounded player. Use him in the red  zone ect.  It shouldn’t be all or nothing. 

10 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Or we could use his strengths until he becomes a more rounded player. Use him in the red  zone ect.  It shouldn’t be all or nothing. 

I don't think teams typically activate a player to simply be the 4th tall target in red zone offenses.  Pitt, Doyle and MO can also run block etc. and provides more options.  I assume Harris brings the scat-target like Parris, because Parris has to run the TY routes.

You have to get to the red zone first.

11 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I don't think teams typically activate a player to simply be the 4th tall target in red zone offenses.  Pitt, Doyle and MO can also run block etc. and provides more options.  I assume Harris brings the scat-target like Parris, because Parris has to run the TY routes.

You have to get to the red zone first.

We have been in the red zone a ton. We didn’t even use Harris so it made no sense.

The reason he was a healthy scratch is because he’s been invisible to our QB’s for some reason.  He had press man to man against the Seahawks and Rams with no safety help a lot and Wentz never bothered looking for him until just before the half when the corner played off and had safety help…. Make that make sense.  

Then he was open on both of Eason first 2 attempts.  And he completely missed him…. So what’s the point of having him out there if he can’t even get any targets to semi pose as a threat and possibly become one?

9 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

We have been in the red zone a ton. We didn’t even use Harris so it made no sense.

The flow of the game matters.  I guess there was no opportunity to use Parris and Harris on the field together.  Plans don't work out, but the decision to activate a player probably rests upon having the most diverse level of skills on the team come game day.

Or maybe if TEN had a particularly shrimpy outside Corner, it would have made Strachan a better option.

But I'm not in a position to judge which bench player should be activated over another.

I'm more concerned about why Parris can't contribute much if he is healthy.

15 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Yep. You can say this about every offensive player. I don’t get the sense Reich even is aware of it or knows how to fix it.

The fact that you believe this….  That you actually wrote this is simply breathtaking….

This makes perfect sense to you…..

Dear God…..   amazing….      :facepalm:

8 minutes ago, DougDew said:

The flow of the game matters.  I guess there was no opportunity to use Parris and Harris on the field together.  Plans don't work out, but the decision to activate a player probably rests upon having the most diverse level of skills on the team come game day.

Or maybe if TEN had a particularly shrimpy outside Corner, it would have made Strachan a better option.

But I'm not in a position to judge which bench player should be activated over another.

I'm more concerned about why Parris can't contribute much if he is healthy.

I totally understand why they did it. It actually made sense with Wentz injury and knowing the game plan they would have to use. But just a general rule Reich needs to use his players strengths better.

Archived