Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This Team Will Get Better

Smonroe

This isn’t blind faith either.  Injuries have decimated the team early, but the team is fairly deep.

Players will get healthy.   Then other teams we play will have injuries, that’s the nature of the game.  

I don’t think they’re as deep.  If the Titans lose Henry or Tannyhill, they’re done.  I think we could survive losing Wentz or Taylor.  

I’m not saying we’ll win the division or make the playoffs.  But with a little luck, it could happen.  

Either way, try to enjoy having football back.  

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I think this team will get better, but I don’t think it will be until next year. Injuries have gutted this team, and by the time we get our guys back this team is going to be 1-5 or something like that, and by that point guys will be too demotivated to pull out any kind of a strong season. 
But there’s always next year, and that’s where I’m looking at now

19 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

This isn’t blind faith either.  Injuries have decimated the team early, but the team is fairly deep.

Players will get healthy.   Then other teams we play will have injuries, that’s the nature of the game.  

I don’t think they’re as deep.  If the Titans lose Henry or Tannyhill, they’re done.  I think we could survive losing Wentz or Taylor.  

I’m not saying we’ll win the division or make the playoffs.  But with a little luck, it could happen.  

You aren't a colts fan if you don't use injuries as an excuse for your below average team lol.

Ravens are banged up too... But they beat KC...the difference is the colts squad is full of losers... 

31 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Oh I think this team will get better, but I don’t think it will be until next year. Injuries have gutted this team, and by the time we get our guys back this team is going to be 1-5 or something like that, and by that point guys will be too demotivated to pull out any kind of a strong season. 
But there’s always next year, and that’s where I’m looking at now

You may be right, but I think it’s a bit early to give up on the season.  We may well be 1-5 or worse, but I don’t think the guys will give up.  The team is too talented to do that.  

51 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Appreciate this post more than I can tell you.  I plan on making a similar post in the next day or so. 

Just wanted to give you a sincere shoutout….

:colts:

7 minutes ago, Mr.NotSoCreative said:

We are 0-3 and were in all 3 with opportunities to win all against I would say playoff calibre opponenents. Good teams find ways to win, make winning plays. We are not there atm. Even if CW can get healthy, he will not elevate this team.

I disagree. A healthy Wentz would pass deeper down field and give us a better chance to win

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

I agree but not in time to save the season. Muhammed looked like a starting DE today. Hopefully Kwity is okay I know that hammy is lingering.

I'm with you OP.  0-3 sucks but it ain't over yet. It's a 17 week season and they have time even if it is starting to look dim.

I think Wentz is going to improve in this offense.  Maybe health goes their way too we'll see.  Guys need to step up but there's talent.

Hopefully the owner doesn't get all involved in questioning the staff.  They've already got their work cut out here.

I'll attempt the impossible. Here's the glass half full- get back to .500 at week 6.

Beat Jacoby. Punch above the teams perceived current weight and beat Bmore, do what we're expecting and beat Houston and there we are, worried about the next few hard games then easier games and so on and so forth.

Could happen, wouldn't even be shocked. The NFL is a parity driven thing, built around close(ish) games. The Colts get a few parts in better shape, like Wentz and maybe they turn the corner. They shouldn't be a bottom barrel team on paper.

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Thanks for the post. I'm feeling really down today, between personal matters and of course the game didn't help. But having hope is the best thing we can hold on to right now. 

I knew going into this season that we weren't winning the Super Bowl, but I was expecting a playoff appearance and at least a win. But I think at this point I'm going to hope for individual growth of our young players.

Just now, Thunderbolt said:

I don't doubt the team has given up, it's that we're not talented and physical enough.  I don't believe we have the right HC and DC on this team to make us really more competitive and physical enough....

I think we’re talented enough but I do honestly question the HOW we use those talents. At times, it appears we are trying to force players to do certain things as opposed to maximizing their talents, instincts and physical tools. Mainly on Defense. I’m okay with keeping both Ballard and Reich, I think they are doing ok. However, I’ve seen enough of this soft Cover 2 crap of Eberflus’s scheme for my lifetime. Keep the 4-3 but change up the coverage and get way more physical and tighten up the zone

Here is my honest opinion without blinders on. This team has no identity. Taylor is supposed to be our workhorse and he got 10 carries. We've invested four picks on edge rushers and they have no sacks. Leonard is not playing like himself course being on one leg doesn't help. This team has issues outside of injuries and starts with who we are as a team. 

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Sure they will get better. Cannot get any worse than winless!

21 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I think we’re talented enough but I do honestly question the HOW we use those talents. At times, it appears we are trying to force players to do certain things as opposed to maximizing their talents, instincts and physical tools. Mainly on Defense. I’m okay with keeping both Ballard and Reich, I think they are doing ok. However, I’ve seen enough of this soft Cover 2 crap of Eberflus’s scheme for my lifetime. Keep the 4-3 but change up the coverage and get way more physical and tighten up the zone

Honestly, u can blame Eberflus all u want. He came from Dallas and they ran that same crap. That being said. I also believe that this is the desired defence of Ballard.  That is why he hired Hobbs from Seattle and wanted Reich to keep Eberflus.

26 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

I don't doubt the team has given up, it's that we're not talented and physical enough.  I don't believe we have the right HC and DC on this team to make us really more competitive and physical enough....

Start with Ballard.  He has no play makers on offence. Same old character blah blah blah guys. He talks his guys up after the draft. Pittman was the 2nd coming of Rice. I always said he was a #2 at best. No elite traits.

They'll get better for sure when injured players return and get to practice more and get healtier in general. If we get a few more major injuries, there might be no chance.

The thing is, if we lose only few more games, we will be on the fringe of not making the playoffs already. Reich has lead a team back from 1-5 to the playoffs before, but that team had Andrew Luck. We'll have to see.

2 hours ago, Ratking said:

You aren't a colts fan if you don't use injuries as an excuse for your below average team lol.

Ravens are banged up too... But they beat KC...the difference is the colts squad is full of losers... 

The epitome of a loser,  calling world class athletes losers.   Lmao

They might get better but they just lost a must win game.  If they go 0-4 the season is all but over, I just read that only one team in the history of the league has recovered from that to make the playoffs 

The big question is will they keep trotting out an injured Wentz if the playoffs are out of reach?  Im not a big fan of blatant tanking but i dont think we should call it that when hes hurt like this.  Call it getting him healthy 

11 hours ago, KelownaColtsFan said:

People seem to have forgotten how absolutely terrible the roster was in 2016.

Honest question how long does it take to turn a roster around?

Look at the Browns - their roster was worse and they're much better.

What about the Cardinals? They've had top 10 picks 3 years in a row and are now battling in the toughest division in football.

The Raiders? The Dolphins? The Chargers? The Bills? The Panthers?

12 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Start with Ballard.  He has no play makers on offence. Same old character blah blah blah guys. He talks his guys up after the draft. Pittman was the 2nd coming of Rice. I always said he was a #2 at best. No elite traits.

Meanwhile, a realistic view of the season, Colts end up 5 - 12, Philly gets a #8 pick and the Colts limp on.

The team isn't as bad as the whiners and trolls are making it out to be. We've been in all three games with the ball not bouncing our way. The outcome could of been much different if they would of called for the pass interference on Pascal in the 4 quarter. It happens.

The defense isn't as terrible as everyone makes out either. They're making the plays. The offense just isn't capitalizing with TDs. People are even saying DL isn't playing well when he has made plays every game this year. 

Everyone knew this team had deficiencies. Don't know what everyone is acting like the sky is falling or Ballard and Reich should have their heads on pikes.

16 minutes ago, KB said:

The team isn't as bad as the whiners and trolls are making it out to be. We've been in all three games with the ball not bouncing our way. The outcome could of been much different if they would of called for the pass interference on Pascal in the 4 quarter. It happens.

The defense isn't as terrible as everyone makes out either. They're making the plays. The offense just isn't capitalizing with TDs. People are even saying DL isn't playing well when he has made plays every game this year. 

Everyone knew this team had deficiencies. Don't know what everyone is acting like the sky is falling or Ballard and Reich should have their heads on pikes.

Can't lie...I been trolling the colts lately.(don't worry @jvan1973 RIGHTLY savaged me already lol) 

But even I agree with you, its too early to put Ballard and Reich head on a pike. Some blame needs to go to players that are underperforming. I imagine, like most things in life, the colts problems are complicated and not as white and black as just firing a head coach etc. 

8 minutes ago, KB said:

Eh, we weren't in the game against Seattle.  Tennessee didn't get out of hand really, but let's be honest, the defense was not really challenging the Titans when we needed them to get a stop.  I mean they ate up half the 4th quarter in one drive by just ramming it down our throats and getting little dink and dunk passes.  Took up 7:30 and getting nearly 5 yards per play.  Tannehill went 5 for 6 plus a 15 yard scramble (UGH) all the while we are burning up all the timeouts. 

Score might have been close while during that drive, but it was demoralizing and left us only 3 minutes or so to score both a TD, get an onside kick and move the chains once or twice to get within field goal range.  For all intents and purposes, that last Titans drive was the nail in the coffin, but it was death by a thousand cuts.

Archived