Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

When are people gonna finally hold Ballard accountable?

jshipp23

Just now, jshipp23 said:

Like picking positions with least effect on game as high picks and not signing any prominent free agent and letting ours who actually produced walk?

Yes. This whole "build from the inside out" thing, which would sound good if we hadn't busted on every pass rusher thus far (fingers crossed for Paye and Dayo) and didn't have an extremely expensive, underachieving oline. The receivers and DB's are average at best, if not bottom tier so now on the whole it just looks like complete crap. 

I still tend to believe that it’s less of a talent issue than it is coaching. But hey, we exposed today just how far we’re willing to go do keep our backups off the field. Hats off to Wentz for doing what he could the way he had to do it, but they should be able to rely on the backup more than what they put Wentz through today.

1 minute ago, Les Poulains said:

Yes. This whole "build from the inside out" thing, which would sound good if we hadn't busted on every pass rusher thus far (fingers crossed for Paye and Dayo) and didn't have an extremely expensive, underachieving oline. The receivers and DB's are average at best, if not bottom tier so now on the whole it just looks like complete crap. 

Truth

15 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Hire Theo Riddick and Philip Rivers as coach and OC

Thats what I would do?? 

I can honestly say I am glad you don’t own the team.  Ballard and Reich aren’t looking good right now but I’ll take them over that.

2 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

They should hire me tbh..lol

Hard pass.

Why didn't we sign the "honey badger" Matthieu when he was available and cheap? Why are we drafting guards and safetys top 10? 

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I can honestly say I am glad you don’t own the team.  Ballard and Reich aren’t looking good right now but I’ll take them over that.

Hard pass.

We need somebody with a pulse...I guarantee you Rivers would have guys ready..

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

Jim Harbaugh would have been my target from the get go and should be the target now and im not trolling...What has BALLARD done? What has he done? Tell me?

named NFL Executive of the Year by the Pro Football Writers Association of America and won the PFWA's Jack Horrigan Award

also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Ballard_(American_football)

9 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Yeah,    I'm sure that would be great

We would be monsters right now

Just now, AustinnKaine said:

named NFL Executive of the Year by the Pro Football Writers Association of America and won the PFWA's Jack Horrigan Award

Why? What have we done or won? Other than being soft and injury prone?

2 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

We would be monsters right now

Why? What have we done or won? Other than being soft and injury prone?

I don't know, a bunch of people way more informed than you made that decision. I don't think it would be approrpiate for me to dumb it down for you. 

Frank and Chuck were same animal gameday decision wise they are both awful...The difference is guys played for Chuck...Its plain as day a now after a few years

4 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

If Ballard don't step up and fix this Frank play calling situation, he probably needs to go with Frank. We are in our window to sign a few more of our own and win now and it's shutting and Frank has the team running so many different passing looks its ridiculous. 

He could also try drafting a good cb or pass rusher as well...

Belichik would go 13-4 with this exact team and it'd look completely different..Coach is more important than anything besides QB..You can still win without elite QB though if you have right coach..

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Also worth mentioning we don’t hold anyone accountable.  That’s all on Irsay.  If you want to say when do people start criticizing Ballard that’s been going on since the off-season.

They get contract extensions just like grigson and ballard did...Groundhog day

4 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

If Ballard don't step up and fix this Frank play calling situation, he probably needs to go with Frank. We are in our window to sign a few more of our own and win now and it's shutting and Frank has the team running so many different passing looks its ridiculous. 

Lesson to be learned.  Never make an ex QB your head coach.  All they want to do or know how to do is throw the ball.

7 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I think Ballard should get a stab at this with a different coach. 

Keep in mind, the last time Ballard conducted an extensive coaching search, the choice he settled on was Josh McDaniels and the guy he eventually hired (Reich) was someone who wasn't even on his list to begin with so his track record is not exactly stellar in this department.  

2 minutes ago, SR711 said:

Keep in mind, the last time Ballard conducted an extensive coaching search, the choice he settled on was Josh McDaniels and the guy he eventually hired (Reich) was someone who wasn't even on his list to begin with so his track record is not exactly stellar in this department.  

Vrabel was there and he looks pretty solid with less so called talent...

Just now, jshipp23 said:

Vrabel was there and he looks pretty solid with less so called talent...

Personally i wouldve paid up for Harbaugh or Gruden...Jim Harbaugh is much better suited for pros and has ties here and the Raiders r starting to look pretty tough...idk

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

Frank and Chuck were same animal gameday decision wise they are both awful...The difference is guys played for Chuck...Its plain as day a now after a few years

He could also try drafting a good cb or pass rusher as well...

I like Paye and Dayo is coming soon. I just don't like the we ran our RBs 16 carries and ask Wentz to throw 37 passes. The run game was working and creating PA opportunities. And we go down a 9 points and Frank losses touch with reality and abandon our strengths. He is a trigger happy coach wanting to play QB through his QB at any cost.

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

Belichik would go 13-4 with this exact team and it'd look completely different..Coach is more important than anything besides QB..You can still win without elite QB though if you have right coach..

They get contract extensions just like grigson and ballard did...Groundhog day

I was thinking this same thing

5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Lesson to be learned.  Never make an ex QB your head coach.  All they want to do or know how to do is throw the ball.

Technically Dungy was an ex-QB, that’s what he played in college, and he had zero problems with running it.  Like anything it comes down to does the guy know how to coach or not.  Their positions don’t really matter for that.

7 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

At this point, I don’t care who our coaches, GM, players or staff are. I just want to win. We’ve been wrecked with injuries, and I’m aware that’s a big part of the issue, but this is ridiculous. 

We all want to win but the Colts are kinda in NFL’s no mans land without a true franchise QB. Those types of team might rise up and have a good season here or there but have hard time sustaining it.

6 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Technically Dungy was an ex-QB, that’s what he played in college, and he had zero problems with running it.  Like anything it comes down to does the guy know how to coach or not.  Their positions don’t really matter for that.

For as many coaches we have in the league you can always find an exception.

Archived