Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nightmare scenario is slowly unfolding

JediXMan

Just now, JediXMan said:

This season is a mess and now add on Hard knocks.

Mr Rogers Clown GIF

lol Hard Knocks predicted this dumpster fire after what, week 1?

Sad

At least Darius Leonard and Kenny Moore showed their talents today. 

Time to move on from Rhodes. Time to get a real safety that can tackle. Time to stop drafting 2nd rounders to have them play 15% of snaps. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Colts looking to have a top 10 pick yet Reich and Ballard will be too stubborn to bench Wentz. Dumb they agreed to 70% play in the contract ugh.

It’s exactly why I hated the trade. I said once the 2022 schedule came out, I didn’t think the Colts would make the playoffs.

The Colts benefitted from an easy schedule in 2020, and made the playoffs. 

I think the Wentz trade was an attempt, at another playoff run in 2021. 

If, the FO thought the Colts were still a few years away, trading up in last years draft for a QB would’ve made more sense IMO. 

• Like 5

I'd be OK with moving Wentz to injured reserve.  Then see from there.  However I'm good either way, I just don't see any opportunities for the Colts to get better or make playoffs.  I DO want them to win, not saying to tank, but he's not going to get better any sooner playing and I'd love to have our pick.  Just grrrrrrrr!!! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MPStack said:

It’s exactly why I hated the trade. I said once the 2022 schedule came out, I didn’t think the Colts would make the playoffs.

The Colts benefitted from an easy schedule in 2020, and made the playoffs. 

I think the Wentz trade was an attempt, at another playoff run in 2021. 

If, the FO thought the Colts were still a few years away, trading up in last years draft for a QB would’ve made more sense IMO. 

Or bringing back Rivers, if he was up to it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, fire cartier said:

you have no redzone offence. have no premium wr,s  defense  soft  had 3 draft fail get  a premium  wr .   Fa fail again get premium wr.

In 2019,2020, these five teams had the worst receiving grades as a unit at the wide receiver position:

32. Philadelphia Eagles
31. Las Vegas Raiders
30. Pittsburgh Steelers
29. Indianapolis Colts

Top-10 worst wide receiver corps: Teams that need serious help in the 2021 NFL draft

No. 6 - Indianapolis Colts

2 minutes ago, WentzinRome said:

Or bringing back Rivers, if he was up to it.

River’s would not make a difference IMO. 

Wentz, is not the problem for the Colts.

The team is lacking talent, depth and coaching. 

That’s Ballard’s job! 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

That’s Ballard’s job! 

worst wide receiver corps, in 4 years yet GM not smart get a top wr?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

That’s Ballard’s job! 

Exactly…. Just watch the majority of other teams. Most have two elite game changers on offense and the same on other side. But we continue to trade back every year for more swings

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MPStack said:

That’s Ballard’s job! 

Wooooooo. Slow down. U cannot call out Ballard. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We haven’t had a #1 receiver in 3-4 years and keep getting busts.  So many good receivers but instead we had Campbell that plays even less than Dorsett did.

funchess immediately getting hurt didn’t help either, and TY is always hurt now.  We are struggling heavily.  Also can’t defend against pass at all- Hooker wasn’t the answer but he wasn’t worse than we’re currently seeing, at least as depth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, boo2202 said:

Exactly…. Just watch the majority of other teams. Most have two elite game changers on offense and the same on other side. But we continue to trade back every year for more swings

I think u r kind of seeing the overall talent of this team. The offense seriously needs receiver help. Need explosive player. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Catloaf said:

We haven’t had a #1 receiver in 3-4 years and keep getting busts.  So many good receivers but instead we had Campbell that plays even less than Dorsett did.

funchess immediately getting hurt didn’t help either, and TY is always hurt now.  We are struggling heavily.  Also can’t defend against pass at all- Hooker wasn’t the answer but he wasn’t worse than we’re currently seeing, at least as depth.

Woah, slow down there loaf.. I gotta make sure I can catch up to this.. Are you saying maybe we could trade Campbell for a ... backup QB!? Dude? Done. After today and this stupid mello drama, the team needs a backup that they won't throw under the bus themselves. 

Ballard building this team trough the draft like he said he wanted to do is clearly not working. You have to bring in legitimate free agents and he refuses to do so. His draft selections outside of a couple home runs have been awful.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MPStack said:

That’s Ballard’s job! 

I disagree, Rivers masked the flaws, that's why he will be a HOF'er.  I will agree that Ballard has responsibility for the lack of talent though.  Spending stupid money on positions that don't deserve it, coupled with one of those extended not being properly used by Reich, only compounds it.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, fire cartier said:

In 2019,2020, these five teams had the worst receiving grades as a unit at the wide receiver position:

32. Philadelphia Eagles
31. Las Vegas Raiders
30. Pittsburgh Steelers
29. Indianapolis Colts

Top-10 worst wide receiver corps: Teams that need serious help in the 2021 NFL draft

No. 6 - Indianapolis Colts

Not our WRs fault Wentz sucks. He's afraid as soon as the ball is snapped, it looks like he's too busy looking at DL to even see the WRs. He missed quite a few open WRs today. We have NO vertical passing game it seems. He just can't make the proper decisions and Reich is VERY overrated (as is Ballard). Now Nelson is going to start being injury prone. We should have let Hilton go last year, he probably won't even play this year.

Just now, ColtTerp said:

Ballard building this team trough the draft like he said he wanted to do is clearly not working. You have to bring in legitimate free agents and he refuses to do so. His draft selections outside of a couple home runs have been awful.

The FA he brings in are either Chiefs or Eagles leftovers. He doesn't look anywhere else, it's crazy lazy.

51 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Colts looking to have a top 10 pick yet Reich and Ballard will be too stubborn to bench Wentz. Dumb they agreed to 70% play in the contract ugh.

Well in fairness the Eagles probably didn’t want any play concession and just wanted the first round pick straight up,

11 minutes ago, Catloaf said:

We took Cambell 5 picks ahead of DK Metcalf. How's that looking?!

4 minutes ago, Stephen said:

We get to suck and send a high first to the eagles smh

FWIW- this could happen, but let's hope it doesn't. And if it got close to that, I'd openly pull for sitting Wentz if the team had all ready lost 10+ games going down the stretch. 

You don't bench a guy, simply to get out of a contract term. 

Well, not unless you want to be "that guy" or "that GM", and never get a conditional term in a contract ever again.

Now if you wanted to side step things, you find some minimal/minor clean up surgery for his ankle or foot, and put him on IR to make it look good.... lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pittman is a 1, Pascal is a 2, T.Y.is a 3, Campbell is a 4, and Strachan/Patmon is the 5..

we are a game out of 2nd in division and 2 out of first with Tenn having to come into Indy

O line looked MICH better today even after Q went out

Taylor had holes and exploited them when he had the ball

This club isnt far out at all, the sky isnt falling,Tenn has 2 easy games on the horizon then they likely lose their next 4 so....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Pittman is a 1, Pascal is a 2, T.Y.is a 3, Campbell is a 4, and Strachan/Patmon is the 5..

we are a game out of 2nd in division and 2 out of first with Tenn having to come into Indy

O line looked MICH better today even after Q went out

Taylor had holes and exploited them when he had the ball

This club isnt far out at all, the sky isnt falling,Tenn has 2 easy games on the horizon then they likely lose their next 4 so....

It might get better but just because of the schedule. This team lacks serious talent and Reich is a crappy HC.

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

You don't bench a guy, simply to get out of a contract term. 

Well, not unless you want to be "that guy" or "that GM", and never get a conditional term in a contract ever again.

Now if you wanted to side step things, you find some minimal/minor clean up surgery for his ankle or foot, and put him on IR to make it look good.... lol

Heck ya you do (well, I do). Especially given that acquiring players this way is rare and rarer for QB's (didn't the Eagles eat a huge cap hit to move Wentz?). If this thing dies on the vine and Wentz never really shows true upside- are we just running it back next year? I say nope, I want my 1 and Wentz is trade bait for a sandwich. 

And your right about the clean up surgery route

11 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Heck ya you do (well, I do). Especially given that acquiring players this way is rare and rarer for QB's (didn't the Eagles eat a huge cap hit to move Wentz?). If this thing dies on the vine and Wentz never really shows true upside- are we just running it back next year? I say nope, I want my 1 and Wentz is trade bait for a sandwich. 

And your right about the clean up surgery route

Short of a catastrophic event, they're not abandoning Wentz this year or next. Maybe after 2022 when it's easy dead cap wise.

If you want to do something, like I said, sidestep it. Easy peasy.

The seat should be warming up now for Chris Ballard and Frank Reich. This team should be further along by now.  Irsay broke open the check book too soon. Should have waited to see how this season goes first.  Ballard era has brought very little post season success despite his popularity with the fan base. Not calling for any firings right now but the temperature needs to be turned up in Indy by the media and fan base. 

• Like 2