Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is it time to make some changes? (merge)

Thunderbolt

Never thought I’d say this, but I’m beginning to doubt Ballard. Tennessee has an objectively worse roster than us, with a crappy OL and an aging DL, but they’re winning football games and we’re not, so what the hell do I know, and why is Ballard not doing anything to fix this problem

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, coltsfan_canada said:

I still think Ballard is better than Grigs but it aint looking pretty for colts at the moment

Bill Parcell’s said, “ You’re judged by your record” and he won two SB as a coach.

Grigson’s success as GM, is way better than Ballard’s. It’s not even close.

Now the buts…….

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Too many different threads saying the same or similar things.

Can we get em all merged to one Question Ballard, one Question Frank, and one We Suck thread... 

If not, it'll be rinse repeat every week. Maybe I should just copy paste all over the place 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Too many different threads saying the same or similar things.

Can we get em all merged to one Question Ballard, one Question Frank, and one We Suck thread... 

If not, it'll be rinse repeat every week. Maybe I should just copy paste all over the place 

We could do the ol triple combo, have a thread with a title of Fire Ballard, Fire Frank, and We Suck. That is a trifecta at it's finest I may say Adam Sandler Ifc GIF by Film Independent Spirit Awards

6 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Never thought I’d say this, but I’m beginning to doubt Ballard. Tennessee has an objectively worse roster than us, with a crappy OL and an aging DL, but they’re winning football games and we’re not, so what the hell do I know, and why is Ballard not doing anything to fix this problem

Ballard is not calling plays

7 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Bill Parcell’s said, “ You’re judged by your record” and he won two SB as a coach.

Now the buts…….

Sad to say but true

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We could do the ol triple combo, have a thread with a title of Fire Ballard, Fire Frank, and We Suck. That is a trifecta at it's finest I may say Adam Sandler Ifc GIF by Film Independent Spirit Awards

********please note this a canned copy paste reply that will be used for multiple threads*********

We suck - confirmed

Ballard should be questioned - confirmed

Frank should be questioned - confirmed

• Haha 2

Just now, jshipp23 said:

They both suck but we never had a losing season under grigson

Griggs started sucking after the first few seasons, especially after blowing the whistle on Deflategate. Maybe it was the wrath of Kraft?haha

But 33-15 first 3 seasons PLUS 3 playoff wins and a trip to AFCCG.

His first draft was excellent.  Besides Luck which of course a no brainer plus probably irsay in charge of that one anyway. 34th pick TE Fleener, the other TE(forgot his name), TY Hilton, RB Ballad. All starters and all good players that contributed to the success of the team.

Griggs made his boo boos but in early years it was on the side of aggressiveness... like trading for T Rich, FA signings that didn't work etc...

And his teams won with chuck Pagano as the HC! That alone is a accomplishment. :funny:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

Well, let's start with the HC, his play calling is untimely pathetic.  Needs to give this up.  

DC needs to be evaluated, no pressure in key situations.

Injury bug keeps biting key players. I understand injury is part of the game, but players need to step up.

Utilizing your bell cow(JT), needs to get better.

Game day Changes, yes. Coaching changes no

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

That’s because of Luck. Criticize Ballard, but don’t give Grigson any credit, that man was a total hack

Wentz is just as good if not better than luck talent wise though...They r basically clones of each other

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Griggs started sucking after the first few seasons, especially after blowing the whistle on Deflategate. Maybe it was the wrath of Kraft?haha

His first draft was excellent.  Besides Luck which of course a no brainer plus probably irsay in charge of that one anyway. 34th pick TE Fleener, the other TE(forgot his name), TY Hilton, RB Ballad. All starters and all good players that contributed to the success of the team.

Griggs made his boo boos but in early years it was on the side of aggressiveness... like trading for T Rich, FA signings that didn't work etc...

And his teams won with chuck Pagano as the HC! That alone is a accomplishment. :funny:

Grigs had a once In a generational talent at QB. And a historically bad AFC south that all but guaranteed 6 wins

Just now, jshipp23 said:

Wentz is just as good if not better than luck talent wise though...They r basically clones of each other

Laugh Lol GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Now the buts…….

I gave you a snarky passive aggressive emoji too. I hope your feelings are hurt.

You should be ashamed of yourself for pointing out facts like W/L records.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

We were better than we are now and that is sad story..

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No he isn't, Luck was better, try again.

3 yrs ago Wentz was in MVP talk...If you cant see his talent idk what to say..Wentz probably has better arm and is faster just a crap team around him..

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

3 yrs ago Wentz was in MVP talk...If you cant see his talent idk what to say..Wentz probably has better arm and is faster just a crap team around him..

And 3 years ago, we had Luck, what’s your point

Just now, jshipp23 said:

I see Wentz's talent and I think he is above average, never said the guy was bad. Luck was better though. Luck was incredible his 1st 3 years here without a run game, average O.Line, and average D.

• Like 1

Just now, EastStreet said:

I gave you a snarky passive aggressive emoji too. I hope your feelings are hurt.

Sad Cry GIF by Team Coco

Just now, EastStreet said:

You should be ashamed of yourself for pointing out facts like W/L records.

More wins equals success, losses not so much. Or am I missing something? :dunno:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Luck was smarter and better presnap and learned to protect his body whole running. Wentz has the potential. This injury may have been a blessing for him to look at the game as he doesn't have to always run.

9 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

His teams won because they had Luck and a couple of very key hold overs from the Polian era, AC, Adam, McAfee, Wayne, and Mathis.  As those guys got older and Luck got beat to hell his failure to find talent showed up.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Dude, don't you know. Numbers lie. You rely on facts too much. Stop with the logic, and let your inner fanboy shine.

Answer one question, is Ballard a better GM than Grigson. Just say yes or no, no numbers but from your gut and football IQ please answer yes or no?

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Grigs had a once In a generational talent at QB. And a historically bad AFC south that all but guaranteed 6 wins

Laugh Lol GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Once in a Generational talented QB?

I know still a lot of people reading into his hype coming out of college But

He wasn't even the best QB  in his draft class.

Luck was a good, mostly above average QB that was capable of playing at a high and even elite level at times. Other times not so much. He had all the physical tools but lacked  the mentality and cerebral toughness and passion to be great at his profession.  

Case in point, Jay Cutler, known as a 'turnover machine. In a 2 year span(I think lucks 3rd & 4th season) Luck turned the ball over more than Cutler despite playing about a half dozen games fewer than Cutler.  

That I think was just a lack of preparation and love of the game. Do I think luck was good?, Yeah. Do I wish we still had him? Absolutely. 

I just don't agree that he was great or the narrative that Griggs broke him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

We can go back and forth on what is the issue. Is it coaching or injuries? The one glaring problem for me and Ballard needs to be held accountable is the D line. This is his preferred D. The Seattle scheme. He drafted all the D linemen and added Buckner. He wants to pressure with 4 D linemen. He has failed to build a D line and no one can argue with that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

His teams won because they had Luck and a couple of very key hold overs from the Polian era, AC, Adam, McAfee, Wayne, and Mathis.  As those guys got older and Luck got beat to hell his failure to find talent showed 

I don't agree with that narrative.  They won because they were good. I hated Griggs like most, he was hateful, arrogant etc.....and outside of first couple seasons he wasn't very good. But he was successful in his first couple...... and Ballard has not been so far.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Once in a Generational talented QB?

I know still a lot of people reading into his hype coming out of college But

He wasn't even the best QB  in his draft class.

Luck was a good, mostly above average QB that was capable of playing at a high and even elite level at times. Other times not so much. He had all the physical tools but lacked  the mentality and cerebral toughness and passion to be great at his profession.  

Case in point, Jay Cutler, known as a 'turnover machine. In a 2 year span(I think lucks 3rd & 4th season) Luck turned the ball over more than Cutler despite playing about a half dozen games fewer than Cutler.  

That I think was just a lack of preparation and love of the game. Do I think luck was good?, Yeah. Do I wish we still had him? Absolutely. 

I just don't agree that he was great or the narrative that Griggs broke him. 

Luck made his fair share of mistakes...We need some legit receivers tbh

3 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

Well, let's start with the HC, his play calling is untimely pathetic.  Needs to give this up.  

DC needs to be evaluated, no pressure in key situations.

Injury bug keeps biting key players. I understand injury is part of the game, but players need to step up.

Utilizing your bell cow(JT), needs to get better.

Here is what needs to be done to turn this organization around:

Fire Ballard and hire jshipp23 as our new GM

Fire Reich and hire Wentzszn as our new HC

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Answer one question, is Ballard a better GM than Grigson. Just say yes or no, no numbers but from your gut and football IQ please answer yes or no?

The answer at this point is "I don't know"

I didn't like Grigson at the end, but there were times I was OK with him. His first 3 years I was fine or even liked him. His 4th year I gave him a pass with Luck's snowboard year. I was done with in 2016... 

I had a much higher opinion of Ballard's drafting a few years ago, compared to right now. 

No telling how I will feel about Ballard at the end of the season or next year. 

Just being real... 

• Like 3

• Nadine changed the title to Is it time to make some changes? (merge)