Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Work Out Former 1st Round Pick Isaiah Wilson

tannurr

1 hour ago, tannurr said:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here’s an interesting one: the Colts are working out OT Isaiah Wilson, a first round pick of the Titans in 2020 who was traded to and then released by Miami. His first workout since being let go by the Dolphins.</p>&mdash; Field Yates (@FieldYates) <a href="https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1441504153239498756?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 24, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Any chance a mod could fix my embed? First time trying it from Twitter like that.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

Hate to judge but judging from his past...pass. Everything the Colts say they don't want in the locker room.  

Ballard has said several times the locker room is to a point it can take a chance on certain guys.

Guy has talent. He's a FA. He's got behavioral flags sure, but he hasn't shot anyone or been convicted of a felony. He was late to meetings, and burned some tires. Not smart for sure, but not dastardly.. 

Not saying I want him, just he's not really a risk. Worst that can happen is we pick him up for the PS or 53, he acts out, and we put him back on the street. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, tannurr said:

Any chance a mod could fix my embed? First time trying it from Twitter like that.

copy link and paste (dots on the bottom of tweet), not embed

if you can still edit, give it a shot.

may be past the edit time out though

49 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Ballard has said several times the locker room is to a point it can take a chance on certain guys.

Guy has talent. He's a FA. He's got behavioral flags sure, but he hasn't shot anyone or been convicted of a felony. He was late to meetings, and burned some tires. Not smart for sure, but not dastardly.. 

Not saying I want him, just he's not really a risk. Worst that can happen is we pick him up for the PS or 53, he acts out, and we put him back on the street. 

So happens we have a opening on the practice squad now.  I could see us signing him.  I don’t see any downside.  We have a lot to gain and nothing to really lose.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

So happens we have a opening on the practice squad now.  I could see us signing him.  I don’t see any downside.  We have a lot to gain and nothing to really lose.

I almost said the same thing... and mentioned the opening in another thread. 

Didn't want to create a conspiracy theory thing out of Woods temp elevation lol

It's certainly a possibility, but we also have guys on IR they might think are close. Haven't heard anything about TY lately. 

• Like 1

Anybody paying attention to the success Malik McDowell DT is having with the Browns?  Super talent with a ton of issues so Seahawks released him...playing great with the Browns.

If Colts think has turned it around, give him a shot.  Perhaps start him on the practice squad. 

If he fails, you cut him without costing you anything.

Low risk/potential high reward move.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-counting-on-malik-mcdowell-to-build-on-promising-1st-nfl-start

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We also worked out Adam Coon, those in the Wrestling world are very familiar with him. Elite wrestler (He last played Football in 2013) who made the NCAA finals twice (Lost by 1 point each time) and recently lost in the Olympic Qualifiers (He won the U.S. spot for the games but U.S. didnt have an automatic in that weight class and he didnt win his way in).

Athletic, tough,smart....could he be the next Stephen Neal or Carlton Haselrig both elite Wrestlers who had successful NFL careers despite not playing college ball at all ?  May be worth signing to P.S., was in camp with Tenn and got banged up and cut.

I'm all for giving Wilson a shot, I just don't expect much. Have talked about him a lot with my best friend who is a Titans fan before, and the guy has been an absolute joke so far. However, it wouldn't cost anything (much less a 1st round pick), and his problems have not been talent-related, they have been attitude-related and poor work ethic.

We'll see if anything comes of it.

12 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I agree, hopefully like when Banner was cut he has learned from his mistakes and is ready to act like a pro. 

Although I’m curious why we haven’t brought in Schwartz for a physical to see how he has been healing. I mean we already have Fisher might as well grab the chiefs former RT too

• Like 3

If it were me, I'd sign Carson Green, the former RT off Texas A&M from the Texans practice squad, on our 53 man roster. He played really well at RT in college and was projected an early day 3 pick. For some reason he went undrafted. IMO, he's the best T available right now and he's young.

13 hours ago, EastStreet said:

All that is true. That track record tho. Desperate times (O line woes) lead to desperate measures and this appears to be one. Maybe I'm more of a "we shouldn't be here" 3 games into the season, but nobody could have predicted these injuries either.. Just frustrating  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

We also worked out Adam Coon, those in the Wrestling world are very familiar with him. Elite wrestler (He last played Football in 2013) who made the NCAA finals twice (Lost by 1 point each time) and recently lost in the Olympic Qualifiers (He won the U.S. spot for the games but U.S. didnt have an automatic in that weight class and he didnt win his way in).

Athletic, tough,smart....could he be the next Stephen Neal or Carlton Haselrig both elite Wrestlers who had successful NFL careers despite not playing college ball at all ?  May be worth signing to P.S., was in camp with Tenn and got banged up and cut.

Wrestlers make good linemen..... Look at Iowa

I think he'd be perfect to add to the PS. If you can get him to buy in and put in the work, we would have an extremely talented OT for beans. If he doesn't work out, cut him and you've lost next to nothing. Low risk, potentially high reward. I think we have the locker room to take on a guy like this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SchlicterSZN said:

So did the Tony Mandarich signing back in the day..... Sometimes it works, if it doesn't, you cut bait and lose little to nothing.

Mandarich is one who comes to mind when people ask did a huge bust ever come back to redeem themselves somewhat.....5 years out of football after flaming out due to addiction to painkillers and alcohol then returns and starts 32 games for the Colts and played well.

6 hours ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

All that is true. That track record tho. Desperate times (O line woes) lead to desperate measures and this appears to be one. Maybe I'm more of a "we shouldn't be here" 3 games into the season, but nobody could have predicted these injuries either.. Just frustrating  

Oh I feel ya, and we definitely shouldn't be here lol. 

Just not really worried about an immature dude. Now if he had drugs, violence, or gun problems, then I'd worry more.