• Colts by 21 or more
    • Colts by 14-20
    • Colts by 7-13
    • Colts by 1-6
    • TN by 1-6
    • TN by 7-13
    • TN by 14-20
    • TN by 21 or more
  2. 2. Will Henry have 100 or more rushing?

3. 3. Will Tannehill have 250 or more passing?

4. 4. Is this a must win game? (0-3 teams make the playoffs about 3% of the time)

5. 5. What DL will lead us in sacks?

6. 6. Will JT have 100 yards or more rushing?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/26/2021 at 05:00 PM

10 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Don't want a QB next draft.

CB, MIKE, FS, or LT

If we are not drafting a QB, I am firmly in team "trade down" ... Maybe Evan Neal can change my mind... Or Stingley... or... Olave... or Thibodeaux...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Little surprise the line isn't bigger

Line: TEN -5.0

O/U: 48

IND with a 21.5 implied point total with possibly some combo of Eason/Hundley might be starting? Going to need another defensive TD to accomplish that I think.

And I don't see this defense keeping TEN from scoring. It's pick your poison. Either try to stop Henry and leave mismatches for AJ Brown and Julio...or leave the short zone wide open for dumpoffs. Or try to defend those WRs and get beat up by Henry.

Not trying to be pessimistic, but I just don't have a good feel about this game. And considering this game is in TEN, that spread seems really low (with the home team typically getting the -3 baked in). I don't ever bet against the Colts, but if these were other teams, I think TEN covers easy. How much they win by is up to how the 4th Q plays out, but I don't think it will be particularly close after the 1 Q.

Would love to be wrong though.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stitches said:

Who are we going to pick with that no. 1 pick? For the first time in years there is probably no great QB prospects. I still need to watch a few of them, but so far I'm not impressed by the ones I've seen. 

You absolutely take Malik Willis.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stitches said:

If we are not drafting a QB, I am firmly in team "trade down" ... Maybe Evan Neal can change my mind... Or Stingley... or... Olave... or Thibodeaux...

Yeah. They would trade down to at least recoup that 2nd round pick for Wentz. I can't imagine they would go ER early again, so it would likely be DBs...perhaps LT. 

Definitely could use a WR and a TE.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

You absolutely take Malik Willis.

I still need to watch him. He's the one from the QBs getting 1st round hype I haven't seen yet. 

Has anybody seen Matt Corral? I will watch him at some point but hearing good things about him. 

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

I still need to watch him. He's the one from the QBs getting 1st round hype I haven't seen yet. 

Has anybody seen Matt Corral? I will watch him at some point but hearing good things about him. 

Yeah, I used Matt Corral in a fanduel tourney last Saturday and won some decent money. He looks like the best QB coming out next year by far.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, stitches said:

Depends who is available. We need CB and LT, and I'm not taking a mid rounder for those positions. MIKE and FS in the 2nd is fine.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

IND with a 21.5 implied point total with possibly some combo of Eason/Hundley might be starting? Going to need another defensive TD to accomplish that I think.

And I don't see this defense keeping TEN from scoring. It's pick your poison. Either try to stop Henry and leave mismatches for AJ Brown and Julio...or leave the short zone wide open for dumpoffs. Or try to defend those WRs and get beat up by Henry.

Not trying to be pessimistic, but I just don't have a good feel about this game. And considering this game is in TEN, that spread seems really low (with the home team typically getting the -3 baked in). I don't ever bet against the Colts, but if these were other teams, I think TEN covers easy. How much they win by is up to how the 4th Q plays out, but I don't think it will be particularly close after the 1 Q.

Would love to be wrong though.

I could see a big loss or a tight win. 

We're coming off a heartbreaking loss. Them a big win and potentially spent emotionally. Their OC, LG, and LTs are banged up, plus a bunch of others. So many moving parts.

8 minutes ago, stitches said:

I haven't watched a lot of him yet, but I like what I have seen. But he's also a Lane Kiffin QB.

My head is picking the Titans. My heart is hoping for the Colts upset.  

If Titans win, I predict Colts will not win the division.  

If Colts win, they’ll actually be in first place in the division.  Fingers crossed.  

Go Colts!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

My head is picking the Titans. My heart is hoping for the Colts upset.  

If Titans win, I predict Colts will not win the division.  

If Colts win, they’ll actually be in first place in the division.  Fingers crossed.  

Go Colts!

Same here. I just find it very hard to vote, or bet, that the Colts won't win.

• Like 1

View from Nashville to our division foes/friends

The 1st game of the season against AZ the Titans got summarily spanked back to pre-season. A total ****-show across all phases of the game but if you had to pick a starting point for poor play, it was the O-line where everyone including our outspoken starting left tackle Taylor Lewan was getting turnstiled from the outset. When Chandler Jones gets to Tannehill three times....in the 1st quarter, it's going to be a bad day. No blocking for passing and no blocking for Henry at all. The defense, which was terrible last year was out there way too much and....well, you get the picture. Bad day all around.

Last week no one in Nashville was really thinking we'd win that one. I mean, this is Russell Wilson and the Seahawks at home. And they'd won 12 straight season openers. This was more of a gut check game. And it began ok until the defense began having breakdowns leading to ridiculous chunk passes leading to three TDs. If those breakdowns don't happen, it's probably a different game. More on that in a second. But we got down 24-9, and then reeled Seattle back on the back of Henry, Tannehill and Julio Jones. The patched-up O-line played much better, even with Lewan out with a strange pre-game injury. And frankly, we stole that game.

This week most of Nashville thinks we have the advantage and I agree. That being said, the Colts have had our number regardless of whether Manning, Luck, Rivers or some schmoe off the street is under center. So you can never treat the Colts like a bad Jacksonville team regardless of what other drama is going on. And the Colts always have a lot of talent and depth. Before the season began, many pundits could barely decide if the Colts or the Titans would win the division....it was considered to be that close.

The Titans have probably the flashiest offense in two decades. Henry can easily cement an invitation to Canton this year if he keeps this up. Tannehill remains efficient. And speaking of future Canton nominees, now he has Julio Jones who reminded everyone last week that he's....well, Julio Jones. someone in these pages said that Tannehill isn't effective on the long pass. I'd argue against that just on the Julio highlight reel from last week or A.J. Brown's highlight reel from last season. Brown had a lackluster game dropping things he never does but that's just one bad aberration of a day.

The defense was arguably better, ugly chunk plays aside. We actually cut one of the cornerbacks after that game after two weeks of defensive breakdowns which was a warning to everyone else. Run defense is pretty good. But we'll have to see how the pass defense shakes out given that they've surrendered a lot of points in just two games.

The Colts will be desperate.....no one wants to start 0-3. Tennessee needs this win for a lot of reasons but we are entering have an ugly patch of six straight AFC opponents (including KC & Buffalo back to back) so it would be nice to get this one, especially at home after leaving a flaming bag of poo for the fans in the home opener.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sevenfeet said:

View from Nashville to our division foes/friends

The 1st game of the season against AZ the Titans got summarily spanked back to pre-season. A total ****-show across all phases of the game but if you had to pick a starting point for poor play, it was the O-line where everyone including our outspoken starting left tackle Taylor Lewan was getting turnstiled from the outset. When Chandler Jones gets to Tannehill three times....in the 1st quarter, it's going to be a bad day. No blocking for passing and no blocking for Henry at all. The defense, which was terrible last year was out there way too much and....well, you get the picture. Bad day all around.

Last week no one in Nashville was really thinking we'd win that one. I mean, this is Russell Wilson and the Seahawks at home. And they'd won 12 straight season openers. This was more of a gut check game. And it began ok until the defense began having breakdowns leading to ridiculous chunk passes leading to three TDs. If those breakdowns don't happen, it's probably a different game. More on that in a second. But we got down 24-9, and then reeled Seattle back on the back of Henry, Tannehill and Julio Jones. The patched-up )-line played much better, even with Lewan out with a strange pre-game injury. And frankly, we stole that game.

This week most of Nashville thinks we have the advantage and I agree. That being said, the Colts have had our number regardless of whether Manning, Luck, Rivers or some schmoe off the street is under center. So you can never treat the Colts like a bad Jacksonville team regardless of what other drama is going on. And the Colts always have a lot of talent and depth. Before the season began, many pundits could barely decide if the Colts or the Titans would win the division....it was considered to be that close.

The Titans have probably the flashiest offense in two decades. Henry can easily cement an invitation to Canton this year if he keeps this up. Tannehill remains efficient. And speaking of future Canton nominees, now he has Julio Jones who reminded everyone last week that he's....well, Julio Jones. someone in these pages said that Tannehill isn't effective on the long pass. I'd argue against that just on the Julio highlight reel from last week or A.J. Brown's highlight reel from last season. Brown had a lackluster game dropping things he never does but that's just one bad aberration of a day.

The defense was arguably better, ugly chunk plays aside. We actually cut one of the cornerbacks after that game after two weeks of defensive breakdowns which was a warning to everyone else. Run defense is pretty good. But we'll have to see how the pass defense shakes out given that they've surrendered a lot of points in just two games.

The Colts will be desperate.....no one wants to start 0-3. Tennessee needs this win for a lot of reasons but we are entering have an ugly patch of six straight AFC opponents (including KC & Buffalo back to back) so it would be nice to get this one, especially at home after leaving a flaming bag of poo for the fans in the home opener.

Any insight on your LT situation. Starter plays bad in week 1, gets hurt, back up plays decent in week 2. Any buzz there? 

Also, how hurt is Saffold? Jones fine?

13 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Any insight on your LT situation. Starter plays bad in week 1, gets hurt, back up plays decent in week 2. Any buzz there? 

Also, how hurt is Saffold? Jones fine?

Strangely, everyone expects Lewan to play without problems. After tweaking the repaired knee right before the game and was declared OUT, we expected that this week might be touch and go. But Lewan has been "full participation" in practice all week and looks ready to go. There are a lot of fans still peeved at the week 1 performance so he has something to prove, despite that he's been here for years.

Saffold I expect to play as well.  And Julio is fine.

Watch for Derrick Henry as the check down pass option for Tannehill. This is a new thing and it was working last week. Henry was 6-6 receiving for 58 yards which was a career day. He's not Christian McCaffrey, but he looks more capable of this role, especially on the screen pass (which was always executed terribly in years past).

One more point....special teams. We've had 14 kickers in our roster in 3 years, including 4 this season. The guy who won the job went on IR two days before the opener.  His backup was terrible (of course, everyone was terrible in Arizona) and got cut on the flight home. His replacement kicked the winning field goal last week but did miss one from mid-40s.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sevenfeet said:

Strangely, everyone expects Lewan to play without problems. After tweaking the repaired knee right before the game and was declared OUT, we expected that this week might be touch and go. But Lewan has been "full participation" in practice all week and looks ready to go. There are a lot of fans still peeved at the week 1 performance so he has something to prove, despite that he's been here for years.

But any insight into why he was so bad week1. Anyone clamoring for Sambrailo since he played pretty good?

Saffold I expect to play as well.  And Julio is fine.

Was talking about Ben Jones OC that was gimpy along with Saffold.

One more point....special teams. We've had 14 kickers in our roster in 3 years, including 4 this season. The guy who won the job went on IR two days before the opener.  His backup was terrible (of course, everyone was terrible in Arizona) and got cut on the flight home. His replacement kicked the winning field goal last week but did miss one from mid-40s.

Cut on the ride home. Harsh lol.. 

So you're saying if it's close, we have a change lol

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

But any insight into why he was so bad week1. Anyone clamoring for Sambrailo since he played pretty good?

Was talking about Ben Jones OC that was gimpy along with Saffold.

Cut on the ride home. Harsh lol.. 

So you're saying if it's close, we have a change lol

Lewan playing poorly was all the talk on Nashville radio last week. Most former players spoke to that he's about 11 months from his ACL surgery and everyone needs some time to get back to full confidence. Combined with very limited playing time in pre-season (and no playing time for Tannehill due to COVID protocol) led to a bad situation. One more x-factor was Chandler Jones, who is not only that talented but was on a mission to prove to Cardinals leadership that he's worth the next super-sized contract that they haven't given him yet. He literally said he was going to go out and do what he did before the game and delivered.

Ben Jones (sorry, got that wrong earlier) ALWAYS plays hurt. Frankly I'd be more surprised if he's out for more than a few snaps. He'll be ready to go.

And this is Titans vs. Colts. You guys always have a chance, if not the historical advantage.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Sevenfeet said:

Lewan playing poorly was all the talk on Nashville radio last week. Most former players spoke to that he's about 11 months from his ACL surgery and everyone needs some time to get back to full confidence. Combined with very limited playing time in pre-season (and no playing time for Tannehill due to COVID protocol) led to a bad situation. One more x-factor was Chandler Jones, who is not only that talented but was on a mission to prove to Cardinals leadership that he's worth the next super-sized contract that they haven't given him yet. He literally said he was going to go out and do what he did before the game and delivered.

Ben Jones (sorry, got that wrong earlier) ALWAYS plays hurt. Frankly I'd be more surprised if he's out for more than a few snaps. He'll be ready to go.

And this is Titans vs. Colts. You guys always have a chance, if not the historical advantage.

Thank you!!

My prediction is Paye has a good day against your guy's left side, and finally gets a sack!

Also predict Tannehill torches our LBs in the seam with both AJ and Chester, and a few of our LBs and DBs miss some tackles.

Autry makes the Colts sorry we low balled him and gets home a time or two. 

I have zero idea about the outcome. If Wentz starts (and isn't to hobbled), I like our chances of keeping it close. If not, I think we lose easily.

You think Downing will try and toast our Ss and NB after seeing them get taken to town the last two weeks on verts?

9 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Thank you!!

My prediction is Paye has a good day against your guy's left side, and finally gets a sack!

Also predict Tannehill torches our LBs in the seam with both AJ and Chester, and a few of our LBs and DBs miss some tackles.

Autry makes the Colts sorry we low balled him and gets home a time or two. 

I have zero idea about the outcome. If Wentz starts (and isn't to hobbled), I like our chances of keeping it close. If not, I think we lose easily.

You think Downing will try and toast our Ss and NB after seeing them get taken to town the last two weeks on verts?

If Wentz plays and isn't a statue in the pocket, then that raises the chances for Indy significantly. If he doesn't, then i expect lots of blitz packages to unsteady whomever is in the pocket. Heck, a slow Wentz might get that too.

I am afraid of a close game since a close game means that we've let Indy hang around too long and then anything can happen. But we have to keep reminding ourselves that Indy was favored by many to win the division and you guys are much more than just a QB.

Yes, I think Downing will try to make things happen across the middle and deep. After all, we have Julio Jones and AJ Brown. And as long as the O-line does their job, we're a play-action heavy offense. And with Henry now available as the check down, there's lots of possibilities to move the chains.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sevenfeet said:

If Wentz plays and isn't a statue in the pocket, then that raises the chances for Indy significantly. If he doesn't, then i expect lots of blitz packages to unsteady whomever is in the pocket. Heck, a slow Wentz might get that too.

I am afraid of a close game since a close game means that we've let Indy hang around too long and then anything can happen. But we have to keep reminding ourselves that Indy was favored by many to win the division and you guys are much more than just a QB.

Yes, I think Downing will try to make things happen across the middle and deep. After all, we have Julio Jones and AJ Brown. And as long as the O-line does their job, we're a play-action heavy offense. And with Henry now available as the check down, there's lots of possibilities to move the chains.

Good luck @Sevenfeet

Appreciate your input.

1 minute ago, Sevenfeet said:

Buck Reising is a popular sports talk radio host in Nashville.

Yup. I know.

He calls in to 1070 in Indy I believe. 

I was just funning. 

If it is him I'm thinking, I think our guy here in Indy talks on Buck's stuff in TN.

4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

@Sevenfeet I think said it was on the plane ride home???

Gostkowski is still in Nashville living out a comfortable retirement. The team knows exactly where he is (his couch) and with all of the Titans' kicking travails of late, I'm sure there was talk about bringing him back. But we also remember his last season playing was some of his worst kicking of his career. If his kicking is going to be anymore like that, I'm sure he wouldn't want to repeat it.

Just now, EastStreet said:

Yup. I know.

He calls in to 1070 in Indy I believe. 

I was just funning. 

If it is him I'm thinking, I think our guy here in Indy talks on Buck's stuff in TN.

Just giving context to those who don't know him. Radio hosts are often provocateurs although there have certainly been much worse of that type to come out of this market in the past several years.

9 minutes ago, Sevenfeet said:

Just giving context to those who don't know him. Radio hosts are often provocateurs although there have certainly been much worse of that type to come out of this market in the past several years.

Yup. His comment was pretty tame.