Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts need a WR like Darnell Mooney

I've been studying Mooney, and he is the exact type of WR Indy is missing in their WR core. Campbell was supposed to be that player, but he obviously can't stay healthy. I wish we could trade for Mooney but I'm certain the Bears don't want to deal him. 

On 9/21/2021 at 1:03 PM, BProland85 said:

I've been studying Mooney, and he is the exact type of WR Indy is missing in their WR core. Campbell was supposed to be that player, but he obviously can't stay healthy. I wish we could trade for Mooney but I'm certain the Bears don't want to deal him. 

What type do you mean exactly? Like athletic route runner?

I wouldn't mind adding some new faces next off-season with expiring contracts of WR's T.Y. Hilton, J.J. Nelson, and Quartney Davis.

Long-shot odds but wouldn't mind adding WR Courtland Sutton (Broncos) to replace Hilton creating a solid 1-2 with Pittman with Pascal in the mix.  Two other wide receivers have been keeping tabs on that continue to impress me are WR-ST KhaDarel Hodge (Lions) and WR Cameron Batson (Titans).  Last year I remember Batson had limited action but had 100% catch rate with no drops and has graded well.

One player I loved from the 2020 draft was Denzel Mims. It seems he isn't getting on well at all with the Jets, he was a healthy scratch this weekend. He's 6'3, 4.38 40, had all the measurables. He did slip to the back of Round 2 though, so I wonder was there a character issue there that is possibily manifesting itself in the pros. 

• 2 weeks later...

Having a WR that can get down field more quickly would help the oline. Because they don’t have to hold their blocks as long. Campbell needs to step up. Reich needs to put him better position to use his speed.

On 10/11/2021 at 9:28 AM, Wentzszn said:

Having a WR that can get down field more quickly would help the oline. Because they don’t have to hold their blocks as long. Campbell needs to step up. Reich needs to put him better position to use his speed.

Wish we could have landed chase or smith

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2021 at 1:03 PM, BProland85 said:

We could've had Mooney but we took Eason....Ha!!