Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Parris Campbell inactive


indyagent17
 Share

Recommended Posts

Campbell is purely a slot wr that excels on slants, drags, over routes and screens. He wasn’t an outside wr in college and has never shown the ability to win outside consistently at the college or pro level yet our * coach continues to play him out of position. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Qcolts said:

Campbell is purely a slot wr that excels on slants, drags, over routes and screens. He wasn’t an outside wr in college and has never shown the ability to win outside consistently at the college or pro level yet our * coach continues to play him out of position. 

Right now I think it is because ty is injured. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Right now I think it is because ty is injured. 

Pascal has played outside plenty. We are basically making our most dangerous player outside of the rbs ineffective utilizing him in the wrong position. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/20/2021 at 8:28 AM, NannyMcafee said:

 

He had 100 yards Sunday. He hasn't talked much at all either so both of these statements are incorrect... im unwilling to be disgruntled about Pittman especially after the Rams game, game two, where he got 100 yards. 

And that was against a good Rams defense. We need a healthy online and QB for him to thrive though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Pittman is actually top 20 in YPG. He's tied with DK Metcalf, and ahead of several big names. 

That's pretty decent given our OL situation.

Oh boy!

Wow I never would have thought that. Brady said today getting Pittman the ball will continue to be a major focus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Qcolts said:

Campbell is purely a slot wr that excels on slants, drags, over routes and screens. He wasn’t an outside wr in college and has never shown the ability to win outside consistently at the college or pro level yet our * coach continues to play him out of position. 

Couple things. Both Ballard and Reich were pretty clear when they drafted him that he would start at slot, and work more and more outside. Pretty clear their plan was that he eventually move to Z. He's not really done that, so you really can't say he's not capable. He was a gadget guy at OSU, but he did run verts on the outside. 

 

I'd also point out that TY really hasn't run verts much since Reich got here. Mostly back shoulder, come backs, and other last-cut type of separation routes. And those aren't really motion Z type routes. 

1 hour ago, compuls1v3 said:

And that was against a good Rams defense. We need a healthy online and QB for him to thrive though.

Yup, 100+ vs the Rams is a pretty nice achievement. 

41 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Wow I never would have thought that. Brady said today getting Pittman the ball will continue to be a major focus.

Yup, the 68 yard comment was pretty silly. 68 YPG average is about 1100 over a 16 game season.

Simple case of either not understanding 60ish YPG is good, or he's just biased when it comes to Pittman.

 

He's averaging 73.3, which is only 12ish YPG off top 10 status. 

With our schedule getting much easier, the likelihood of him remaining top 20, or even getting near top 10, is pretty strong.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

And that was against a good Rams defense. We need a healthy online and QB for him to thrive though.

 

Pittman has potential. I have a bad feeling about the oline this year though. The Colts are playing like they always play without Anthony. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/28/2021 at 10:42 PM, EastStreet said:

Pittman is actually top 20 in YPG. He's tied with DK Metcalf, and ahead of several big names. 

That's pretty decent given our OL situation.

Oh boy!

Wonder what will be the excuse you have today for Pittman. Dude dropped a sure TD. Hasn’t done anything for the past 3 games 

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Wonder what will be the excuse you have today for Pittman. Dude dropped a sure TD. Hasn’t done anything for the past 3 games 

He's 5 of 7 for 40ish today...., not far off the team high...

lol. Wentz is spreading it all around.

He's not going to lead the team every week.

You have some serious Pittman hate lol..

Did he still your teddy bear or something as a kid?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

He's 5 of 7 for 40ish today...., not far off the team high...

lol. Wentz is spreading it all around.

He's not going to lead the team every week.

You have some serious Pittman hate lol..

Did he still your teddy bear or something as a kid?

 

He doesn’t do anything that’s my problem. Could’ve had 2 TD’s today. Dropped one and didn’t extend his body for another

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, a06cc said:

He doesn’t do anything that’s my problem. Could’ve had 2 TD’s today. Dropped one and didn’t extend his body for another

Welp, he led our O again in receiving yards.... Will likely still be ranked well among WRs.... 

That's nothing?

Good grief the hate is strong in you.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

That’s all he does. Hate. 

I mean Pitt is on track for 1100+ yards for the year.

 

I get it, he makes a few mistakes, but all WRs do, and he's early in year 2... 

 

Great case of forming an early hot take, and trying to justify it every week... 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I mean Pitt is on track for 1100+ yards for the year.

 

I get it, he makes a few mistakes, but all WRs do, and he's early in year 2... 

 

Great case of forming an early hot take, and trying to justify it every week... 

I’m just ready to see Campbell and Pittman get some touchdowns. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I’m just ready to see Campbell and Pittman get some touchdowns. 

 

When the OL gets better, and we're able to let plays develop deeper, I think you'll see that. 

Right now we just can't hold for verts. 

And we need more deep slants for slot and Z. Campbell had that nice one where he got popped a few weeks ago.

That's a great route to kill coverage. Tyreek Hill got famous running it. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, a06cc said:

Wonder what will be the excuse you have today for Pittman. Dude dropped a sure TD. Hasn’t done anything for the past 3 games 

The dude didn’t drop a sure TD.   The QB badly missed him.   The pass was way too high.   Pittman has a great reputation for catching passes that are high.   If he misses the one in the EZ, you might want to consider looking elsewhere.    Look at the throw from Wentz. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

 

When the OL gets better, and we're able to let plays develop deeper, I think you'll see that. 

Right now we just can't hold for verts. 

And we need more deep slants for slot and Z. Campbell had that nice one where he got popped a few weeks ago.

That's a great route to kill coverage. Tyreek Hill got famous running it. 

The O Line does need to get better but Wentz still had opportunities those first 3 games that he didn’t take advantage of.  Don’t know if it was him getting more comfortable or just poor opposition but he took some vert chances today.  Some of them looked a little fluttery but he showed some serious back shoulder fade potential. He needs to start working that with all of our bigger receivers. Pittman, MAC, Patmon, and especially Strachan.

 

Also, it was great to see Carson & Frank improving.  Dolphins ran a similar defense to what the Seahawks ran against us.  Where the corner was playing 10 yards just giving us the deep comeback but they were running the linebacker or safety out underneath.  The throws were there to drop it over the linebacker’s head.  He didn’t pull the trigger game 1  but he did today.  
 

He’s improving.  Last week’s game of him having to stand in and deliver may have been the best thing to happen to him.  He looked pretty dang good hanging in or just buying time to get the ball out a few times.  Or even just taking some deep shots rather than just holding it.  Still has some improving to do but like I posted elsewhere, that’s the best game Wentz has played in 2 years. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, a06cc said:

Wonder what will be the excuse you have today for Pittman. Dude dropped a sure TD. Hasn’t done anything for the past 3 games 

Your not talking about the one Wentz severely overthrew him in the end zone are you? Cmon man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

The O Line does need to get better but Wentz still had opportunities those first 3 games that he didn’t take advantage of.  Don’t know if it was him getting more comfortable or just poor opposition but he took some vert chances today.  Some of them looked a little fluttery but he showed some serious back shoulder fade potential. He needs to start working that with all of our bigger receivers. Pittman, MAC, Patmon, and especially Strachan.

 

Also, it was great to see Carson & Frank improving.  Dolphins ran a similar defense to what the Seahawks ran against us.  Where the corner was playing 10 yards just giving us the deep comeback but they were running the linebacker or safety out underneath.  The throws were there to drop it over the linebacker’s head.  He didn’t pull the trigger game 1  but he did today.  
 

He’s improving.  Last week’s game of him having to stand in and deliver may have been the best thing to happen to him.  He looked pretty dang good hanging in or just buying time to get the ball out a few times.  Or even just taking some deep shots rather than just holding it.  Still has some improving to do but like I posted elsewhere, that’s the best game Wentz has played in 2 years. 

 

I'm just willing to give him the benefit of the doubt given the OL, and the way preseason went down. 

I do expect improvement, but slow improvement until the OL is at least mediocre. We're still really bad though now.

He's so low on my list of worries right now, it's just not a thing for me. 

Expecting him to hit every play while being near the top in pressures isn't something I'm going to fret over.

If we had the OL of last year, I'd be far more critical and deep diving. Right now though, just not warranted or worth it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

 

I'm just willing to give him the benefit of the doubt given the OL, and the way preseason went down. 

I do expect improvement, but slow improvement until the OL is at least mediocre. We're still really bad though now.

He's so low on my list of worries right now, it's just not a thing for me. 

Expecting him to hit every play while being near the top in pressures isn't something I'm going to fret over.

If we had the OL of last year, I'd be far more critical and deep diving. Right now though, just not warranted or worth it.

I thought he played very well today and OK his first 3 games under the circumstances. OL has been horrible and play calling  bad and he's had bad wheels. As you said, He is the least of our problems.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

I thought he played very well today and OK his first 3 games under the circumstances. OL has been horrible and play calling  bad and he's had bad wheels. As you said, He is the least of our problems.  

I think he's played well all year. Even his worst play of the year (shuffle INT), wasn't that bad. All the folks screaming that he should have seen Doyle getting knocked off his route and at the same time seeing Donald blowing things up, in only a fraction of a second on a play that is 100% anticipation and timing, just aren't really realistic. Or they don't understand how the play works. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Look at how good the ball placement by Wentz was here. Just a drop.

 

 

 

Good throw placement (a little wobbly)

Great DB play.

DBs made 3 incredible plays today that I can recall. 

The one above, one vs Mo early, and I think one on Pittman. 

On one of the TDs to Mo, the DB was in perfect position and made a great play, Mo just took it away.

But overall, Wentz was on. DBs were just great too. 

Probably won't see DBs that good for a while.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

 

Good throw placement (a little wobbly)

Great DB play.

DBs made 3 incredible plays today that I can recall. 

The one above, one vs Mo early, and I think one on Pittman. 

On one of the TDs to Mo, the DB was in perfect position and made a great play, Mo just took it away.

But overall, Wentz was on. DBs were just great too. 

Probably won't see DBs that good for a while.

I was just watching that last MO TD. He just snatched that thing right out of the DB’s hands. Amazing play.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Wentzszn said:

I was just watching that last MO TD. He just snatched that thing right out of the DB’s hands. Amazing play.

Yup. DB made an elite play. 

Mo just was more elite lol.

Can't do anything more, or better, than what that DB did. 

Need more Mo... 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/3/2021 at 4:05 PM, EastStreet said:

Welp, he led our O again in receiving yards.... Will likely still be ranked well among WRs.... 

That's nothing?

Good grief the hate is strong in you.

 

 

Gotta do it Yoda style for the true effect...."Strong is the hate in you"....

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, WentzinRome said:

Gotta do it Yoda style for the true effect...."Strong is the hate in you"....

Yes. Not saying he's elite. But a second year guy tracking strongly toward 1100 shouldn't be beach'd about.

And given our OL situation's impact to the passing game, I just find it hard to expect a lot more.

He's pretty even IIRC with the other guy I liked in the draft (Claypool). And only one YPG behind DK... 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • The colt secondary is not very good. Is playing soft coverage because of the talent or how the coach wants to play? Whatever the reason it allows qb’s to get rid of the ball quick and there won’t be many sacks or hits unless someone is unblocked. The lb’s are too small, they don’t shed blocks and it seems like they make a lot of tackles down field and the ball carrier always seem to fall forward for a couple more yards. Leonard is getting forced fumbles, but tackles/ game are down from 11 to 7, tfl were 12 his first year 3 this year, qb hits 8 first year 2 this year. I have been saying for 20 years the colts need bigger more physical lb’s. I don’t think the dl is the problem. Better db’s help the pass rush and better lb’s help the rush defense and make Leonard a much better lb. 
    • Yup, I'll be hoping Michigan or Cincy wins, if the Championship is an Alabama vs Georgia rematch I probably won't watch it.    They gotta expand the playoffs, find a more objective way to rank the teams, and if I could pick something make an FBS wide scheduling rule because Alabama scheduling these easy wins like Mercer, Southern Miss, and NMSU while other teams are actually scheduling hard out of conference games. It drives me crazy and makes regular season games less fun to watch.   Although I don't expect these changes to ever happen
    • Just remembered they said they've talked about getting Mo and Dulin more involved in the O.  Either would be a good pick for a bold prediction. Great game to try and grow chemistry.
    • They won't make it now. Cincy won and Michigan is about to win. It looks like it will be:   1. Alabama 2. Michigan 3. Georgia 4. Cincy -I think that is how it will end up. Georgia will drop only 2 spots. Bama will be #1 and deservedly so after that butt kicking they put on Georgia! I am rooting for Michigan because of Harbaugh.
    • Bold?   I am 100 percent certain Frank will not call 26 straight pass plays.   RPO’s or otherwise.  Ok…. Maybe not 100 percent,  but certainly 99 positive it won’t happen.    Ok….  Maybe not 99 percent sure, but certainly 98 percent!   Yup, 98 sure it will not happen!   How about fractions?   Are fractions allowed?  
  • Members

    • Gigc

      Gigc 293

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • deedub75

      deedub75 315

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • EastStreet

      EastStreet 15,797

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • GoColts8818

      GoColts8818 6,925

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Aaron86

      Aaron86 36

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • gnet550

      gnet550 158

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ClaytonColt

      ClaytonColt 355

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • harrisoncolts88

      harrisoncolts88 77

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Fluke_33

      Fluke_33 3,349

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Zoltan

      Zoltan 1,457

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...