Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

In-season Hard Knocks with the Colts

Indyfan4life

On 9/17/2021 at 8:32 AM, Mitch Connors said:

Some of the responses here are crazy to me. 

I would wager heavily that a new Fortnight update dropping mid-season would be way more of a distraction than professional athletes being filmed at work (happens literally every time they step foot on a field) and/or talking to the media (happens every day). 

If cameras and talking to people are what breaks an NFL teams season they we're going to win 0 games in the first place. Lets not make this into something its not.

I feel you on the distraction part, but I think an increased covid chance is something to monitor.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I personally had no problem with the NFL and HBO's partnership for the "Hard Knocks" show being filmed during teams' training camps.  The roster is in flux due to injuries - the signing of draft picks - the signing of undrafted free agents - and - such.  Game plans aren't being installed.  It's mostly drills - getting in game shape - trimming the roster down to the season limit - etc.

However - I have a serious problem with the NFL REQUIRING teams to allow HBO to film their show during the regular season.

Injured players are rehabbing.  Game plans are being installed.  Coaches and/or players are on the "hot seat".  I could go on for another 15 or 20 minutes - as I'm sure many of you could.

Simply put - the REQUIREMENT of allowing HBO "behind the scenes" during the regular season is nothing more than a "money grab" and a TOTALLY UNECESSARY DISTRACTION for teams interested in working toward the playoffs.

What are YOUR thoughts on this new NFL requirement - and - the fact that it will potentially impact our team during the 2021 season?

On 10/9/2021 at 4:04 PM, sb41champs said:

I personally had no problem with the NFL and HBO's partnership for the "Hard Knocks" show being filmed during teams' training camps.  The roster is in flux due to injuries - the signing of draft picks - the signing of undrafted free agents - and - such.  Game plans aren't being installed.  It's mostly drills - getting in game shape - trimming the roster down to the season limit - etc.

However - I have a serious problem with the NFL REQUIRING teams to allow HBO to film their show during the regular season.

Injured players are rehabbing.  Game plans are being installed.  Coaches and/or players are on the "hot seat".  I could go on for another 15 or 20 minutes - as I'm sure many of you could.

Simply put - the REQUIREMENT of allowing HBO "behind the scenes" during the regular season is nothing more than a "money grab" and a TOTALLY UNECESSARY DISTRACTION for teams interested in working toward the playoffs.

What are YOUR thoughts on this new NFL requirement - and - the fact that it will potentially impact our team during the 2021 season?

Uh....the entire concept of professional football is a money grab.  From inception, to every new idea, rule, requirement, and change. Every single absolute happening in the NFL has always been done with money in mind, and always will be.  This isn't unique.  Favoring offense in rules?  Money paying fans like pinball machine scoring.... Player safety emphasized?? Especially making qbs basically untouchable? League realized people pay to watch big time qbs put up stats...  Reality show? Not letting teams make apparel changes without approval? Injury reports/def. Influenced reporting due to fantasy football popularity.... $$$$$$$$$ and so on.

I honestly don’t think I’ll be able to watch if this season continues like this. The product on the field is embarrassing enough. I’d hate to see more of the same inside the building and end up losing some respect for the team I love.