Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

In-season Hard Knocks with the Colts

Indyfan4life

12 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I'd add it's not "lot's of players". It's two prominent ones to my understanding. Still enough to get Colts homers on twitter carrying on about how they can't root for the team if their worldview isn't affirmed, because there's only one correct answer, NBC and politicians said so.

I think more guys got it recently but with Leonard and Wentz holding out that is going to be the story.

Covid did hurt the team last year, i dont get being anti vax myself either

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

I don't have HBO (another company I'm hoping fails) so I won't be following. I did notice that the national folks on twitter are using this as an opportunity to bang on the Colts, Indiana etc. They don't care.

So my guess is this won't be a massive hit.

I noticed they were doing that on the sports radio on my way to work this morning.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

I think more guys got it recently but with Leonard and Wentz holding out that is going to be the story.

It'll be interesting to see how the production of that show jives with the protocols.

23 minutes ago, gspdx said:

I guess for me football is enough.  Trying to create more "drama" for us to consume is a little lame to me.  But anything to increase the revenue stream is OK.

Since I have never watched it, is creating drama part of their show?  I know most reality shows do this.  It's all about drama.  Many times it is not real, but the produce it in a way that it looks real.  

17 minutes ago, Myles said:

Since I have never watched it, is creating drama part of their show?  I know most reality shows do this.  It's all about drama.  Many times it is not real, but the produce it in a way that it looks real.  

Honestly - I have never watched either.  So I am assuming - yes I know not a great idea.  Maybe I should know what I am talking about first!  But if there wasn't any drama I think there would be fewer viewers.  I don't think they produce it as a documentary.  Even lots of shows today posing as documentaries use pumping music and heavy, flashing camera shots to get people involved.  All of that creates some drama to get people interested.  I just don't like all that garbage.

So I know my age is showing here - but watching the beginning of the Bucs-Cowboys game they were unveiling some new championship banners and had fireworks and pumping music and as they panned the stands with the cameras lots of people seemed really uninterested.  It looked like they had already had enough of the hype and just wanted to watch some football.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Maybe Leonard decided to get it that is why he missed practice sick. Willis was a hold out too and he missed sick yesterday.

17 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

I imagine Strachan and Kwity will be focal points. 

Paye may not play. He hurt his hamstring Wed In practice and didn’t practice yesterday. Looks like Strachan hurt his ankle in practice yesterday and we will see if he practiced today.

1 hour ago, gspdx said:

They also have Facebook and I don't waste my time with that trash either. Although I do like sliced bread!

I guess for me football is enough.  Trying to create more "drama" for us to consume is a little lame to me.  But anything to increase the revenue stream is OK.

I agree with those that are concerned about the distraction during the season.  I would like the entire staff focused on the task at hand, not about having to be available for mindless chats with TV people.

We all have an opinion.  In the end this is all just entertainment.

HBO does a great job with the series as they do with most things.  (GOT)

if you like the video series the Colts do , which EVERYONE loves, you will like this.  Very similar, but lasts more than 15 or 20 minutes.

I didnt see the value in a smartphone or DVR..... until i had them.  Thought i’d hate broccoli and that womens underwear would be too tight....... oh crap...did i say that out loud?

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

54 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

HBO does a great job with the series as they do with most things.  (GOT)

if you like the video series the Colts do , which EVERYONE loves, you will like this.  Very similar, but lasts more than 15 or 20 minutes.

I didnt see the value in a smartphone or DVR..... until i had them.  Thought i’d hate broccoli and that womens underwear would be too tight....... oh crap...did i say that out loud?

I've always wanted to see the Colts on this kind of series. With the Next Pick sort of scratched the itch, but not quite. I think it's great for exposure, great for fans who want to get to know the team better, etc. I'm looking forward to it.

From an operational / preparation standpoint, there is no doubt that it can be a distraction. Players definitely know they're on camera, and it affects how they act, talk, etc. Probably the same for coaches, some of whom have their own personal ambitions, which can be problematic. 

So I'm torn, always knew it would be that way. But mostly, I'm excited.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I haven’t read all the earlier comments so you can hate on me if it’s already been said.  I watched the series Amazon did on the Cardinals a few years back and enjoyed it.  I gained an appreciation for their owner at that time.  

I’m all for the show.  Can’t wait!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Myles said:

Hard Knocks is great (IMO) because they dont create drama like other reality shows do. They find threads and follow them through to the end without manipulating them (unlike most reality TV).

They find a few roster bubble players, watch them at practice and watch them interacting with the team and we see if they make the roster. You become emotionally invested in them as people/players and hope they succeed even if its not a Colts player (Darren Waller is a great example of this). They also focus on the QB and a couple other stars (Dak, Zeke and Micah Parsons this season) but thats more of a 'get to know them' type approach.

If the Colts version is anything like regular Hard Knocks I will be shocked if nearly everyone here doesn't really love it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Because the league voluntold us.

According to the colts guy the league asked them but it wasn’t forced. Ballard and Reich he said talked a lot about it and can’t go the conclusion it wouldn’t be a distraction.

Reich made a good point about this at the end of his presser when asked about distractions. He said players today in a social media age are used to having cameras in their faces all the time. It didn’t seem like he was super happy about it though. Maybe he is just dialed in and worried about this Sunday.

3 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Reich made a good point about this at the end of his presser when asked about distractions. He said players today in a social media age are used to having cameras in their faces all the time. It didn’t seem like he was super happy about it though. Maybe he is just dialed in and worried about this Sunday.

Which is why I think people are making much ado about something that will be a non-issue.  If the Colts have a bad year it’s not going to be because they were on hard knocks.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

We will be about 2-7 by then so it won't matter much. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

its great for fans we get to see behind the scenes during the season . i love the draft specials the colts put out on social media , it will be like them times ten .  We can see how frank actually is a leader after loses and ballard as well . the distraction thing is dumb if you are a good team you win no matter what . 

Okay, so someone please edumacate me...when will episodes be shown?  My only concern will be that a player will see themself being painted as something they don't believe they are and will act out of character to re-image themself.  That could affect their on field play.

If the episodes are shown after season I couldn't care less that they are on it.

15 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Okay, so someone please edumacate me...when will episodes be shown?  My only concern will be that a player will see themself being painted as something they don't believe they are and will act out of character to re-image themself.  That could affect their on field play.

If the episodes are shown after season I couldn't care less that they are on it.

First episode comes out in November. Not sure on the date or how many episodes there will be but I imagine it’ll get either pretty close or into playoffs. 

However, I think they are collecting all the film now. I’m not sure how long they’ll stay with the Colts. It may only be something along the lines of Week 1 - Week 10 or something, then the episodes just air later. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

First episode comes out in November. Not sure on the date or how many episodes there will be but I imagine it’ll get either pretty close or into playoffs. 

However, I think they are collecting all the film now. I’m not sure how long they’ll stay with the Colts. It may only be something along the lines of Week 1 - Week 10 or something, then the episodes just air later. 

It’s every Wed and will continue I think they said a couple weeks after the colts season is over.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Can't wait! By November,it's all we will have forward to look to.

shh... we have to entertain the idea that this isn't actually highly likely. "We're not going 1-7, we're not going 1-7, we're not going 1-7, crap, we might go 1-7..." 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, The Fish said:

shh... we have to entertain the idea that this isn't actually highly likely. "We're not going 1-7, we're not going 1-7, we're not going 1-7, crap, we might go 1-7..." 

I (along with everyone) soooo hope this doesn't become a throw away season like that. 

I can deal with bad, but they better not be a trainwreck.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, IinD said:

I (along with everyone) soooo hope this doesn't become a throw away season like that. 

I can deal with bad, but they better not be a trainwreck.

True story and totally agreed. This team needs to be in the playoff hunt at least.

(I expect that someone is going to interpret too much from my joke- it's not an actual prediction) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

True story and totally agreed. This team needs to be in the playoff hunt at least.

(I expect that someone is going to interpret too much from my joke- it's not an actual prediction) 

Yup. They have to at minimum be a .500 team fighting for a playoff spot, I'll be * if this is a 5-12 type season.

We've got some solid pieces, no reason they can't be competitive.