Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

In-season Hard Knocks with the Colts

Indyfan4life

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I rarely have watched it either but I know of it and have caught a few episodes of it. If we are on it, who cares. I am not sure why anyone would have a problem with it but like I said I don't really watch it.

It's is concerning we are a very low Vax rate team that will have cameras crews all around our players all season. Covid disaster in the making. But if it wasn't for that I am curious.

16 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

It's is concerning we are a very low Vax rate team that will have cameras crews all around our players all season. Covid disaster in the making. But if it wasn't for that I am curious.

We really aren’t that low. We are still close to 85%. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I thought Saints were 100%, and they still had 8 staff and players get it.

I'm guessing the 100% teams, or at least some, may be a little more lax about things feeling protected, while perhaps the under 100% teams may be a little more stringent on protocols and behaviors. 

Regardless, not worried. It's going to happen in the NFL. If it happens to us, it is what it is.

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I thought Saints were 100%, and they still had 8 staff and players get it.

I'm guessing the 100% teams, or at least some, may be a little more lax about things feeling protected, while perhaps the under 100% teams may be a little more stringent on protocols and behaviors. 

Regardless, not worried. It's going to happen in the NFL. If it happens to us, it is what it is.

Yeah but know your adding HBO staff and camera crews onto the close contact list. Increases our odds of outbreaks dramatically.

• Like 1

I love it. The Colts are entertainment for me. 

If they suck because they were on this show thats pathetic honestly.

We wait all year for football to come back and some of you aren't loving it, weird...

I can't wait. If they're a trainwreck it'll explain what's going on behind closed doors.

• Like 5

This is pretty cool honestly. I can't wait to see some more behind the scenes stuff with this team. I honestly think Ballard, Reich, and the rest of this team are given too long of a leash anyway, and this will put some pressure on them to succeed in front of a national audience.

I believe this could lure new Colts fans in, and it gives fans like me who are getting disinterested with the team, a new chance to see how things are really operated and possibly a new opinion of the FO. Win/Win.

28 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Yeah but know your adding HBO staff and camera crews onto the close contact list. Increases our odds of outbreaks dramatically.

If I were to bet, given the situation, the crew is very very small.

Also, if you've ever watched, it's not close up and scripted. So cams could be 20+ feet back. 

Knowing CB and FR, gotta guess they are making HBO tow the line.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Also, if you've ever watched, it's not close up and scripted. So cams could be 20+ feet back. 

Yeah it seemed it's pretty hands off these days. They use a lot of camera's that are just set up in the rooms for indoors and outdoors I imagine it will be shot from a good distance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Yeah it seemed it's pretty hands off these days. They use a lot of camera's that are just set up in the rooms for indoors and outdoors I imagine it will be shot from a good distance.

Yup. Probably a bunch of cams set up on the field with no people. And a few cams and audio dishes moving around. Then they overlay their commentary in studio.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I'm excited to see it, but I hate that it's happening lol

Yup, that's kind of where I'm at. 

If we choke this year, doubt anyone is going to blame HBO lol....

Now if one of the HBO folks are typhoid mary's, that's another story lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It'll be interesting to see what the Colts vibe is behind closed doors (culture, attitudes).

Also probably get to see different parts of the building and what takes place where (inner workings).

Again, I can't wait honestly.

As for the covid aspect, people are working and moving around everywhere so it's basically normal to be around people now. Stadiums are full and airports are rolling so it's life as usual.

• Like 1

I just think this can't be anything but a distraction for a team that does not need any more distractions.

It has been a tough offseason, training camp and poor opening, just don't see a positive outcome for the Colts. 

IMHO

9 hours ago, MPStack said:

Never watched Hard Knocks. Couldn't care less. 

Fixed it for you.

P.S.A.

If you "Could care less", then it means you care at least some amount anywhere from a little bit all the way to the most amount possible.... If you "Couldn't care less" it means you care the least amount possible - which is what you were trying to say.

Saying you "Could care less" is conveying almost the exact opposite of what you were actually trying to say.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Boss7894 said:

I’ve never watched Hard Knocks… what is the feel of it? is it an inspiring show?  Or is it more real world road rule reality tv?

I've never watched it either.   

11 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

Fixed it for you.

P.S.A.

If you "Could care less", then it means you care at least some amount anywhere from a little bit all the way to the most amount possible.... If you "Couldn't care less" it means you care the least amount possible - which is what you were trying to say.

Saying you "Could care less" is conveying almost the exact opposite of what you were actually trying to say.

Thanks Officer!

Some of the responses here are crazy to me. 

I would wager heavily that a new Fortnight update dropping mid-season would be way more of a distraction than professional athletes being filmed at work (happens literally every time they step foot on a field) and/or talking to the media (happens every day). 

If cameras and talking to people are what breaks an NFL teams season they we're going to win 0 games in the first place. Lets not make this into something its not.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I hope so, it needs to be pre-wired and all HBO to NFL interactions should be audio and video.

• Like 1

I don't have HBO (another company I'm hoping fails) so I won't be following. I did notice that the national folks on twitter are using this as an opportunity to bang on the Colts, Indiana etc. They don't care.

So my guess is this won't be a massive hit.

• Like 1

Kevin Bowen said this morning there had been a lot of extra people at practice lately. He noticed some NFL films people. He brought up the same covid issues.

33 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I don't have HBO (another company I'm hoping fails) so I won't be following. I did notice that the national folks on twitter are using this as an opportunity to bang on the Colts, Indiana etc. They don't care.

So my guess is this won't be a massive hit.

You can sign up for HBO Max for 10 dollars a month.

39 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I did notice that the national folks on twitter are using this as an opportunity to bang on the Colts

That is how the show usually works, they feature teams that are under preforming or rebuilding.  The colts might be one of the better rosters they have had on there. 

I think people are bashing the team right now becuase a lot of our better players are anti vax

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

You know they have sliced bread now too?

They also have Facebook and I don't waste my time with that trash either. Although I do like sliced bread!

I guess for me football is enough.  Trying to create more "drama" for us to consume is a little lame to me.  But anything to increase the revenue stream is OK.

I agree with those that are concerned about the distraction during the season.  I would like the entire staff focused on the task at hand, not about having to be available for mindless chats with TV people.

We all have an opinion.  In the end this is all just entertainment.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

That is how the show usually works, they feature teams that are under preforming or rebuilding.  The colts might be one of the better rosters they have had on there. 

I think people are bashing the team right now becuase a lot of our better players are anti vax

I'd add it's not "lot's of players". It's two prominent ones to my understanding. Still enough to get Colts homers on twitter carrying on about how they can't root for the team if their worldview isn't affirmed, because there's only one correct answer, NBC and politicians said so.