Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

In-season Hard Knocks with the Colts

Indyfan4life

Just now, Wentzszn said:

This season really is turning into a circus. Did ballard have to agree to this or was it forced?

IIRC Irsay said he wanted to be on Hard knocks at one point in time. He got his wish lol haha

• Like 2

Yeah..don’t understand the purpose of this. Wonder if it was forced by higher ups (i.e. league office).

Definitely enjoy watching these as a fan, but gotta say its got be somewhat of a distraction to have these cameras set up in meeting rooms, coaches offices, mic’d up for practices

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Farns01 said:

Not sure how I feel about it yet.  Might get a chance to see behind the scenes of in season operations.  Understanding this is a Hollywood type production where emphasis will be drama to attract viewers.

Chris:  WE NEED A DECISION ROOF OPEN OR CLOSED!?

Jim:  I don’t know (sobbing). I just don’t know!

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I don’t get HBO. Kind of sad I song beable to see it.

I believe you can stream it if you get hbo go.

4 minutes ago, dew5150 said:

I believe the league can force teams to do the show

Apparently so, because in the preseason version, a team could avoid it if they had made the playoffs in the past 2 seasons, just hired a new HC, or for certain other criteria.

Is this Irsay and the Colts PR staff hoping to create a whole new image for Wentz? Look, I do a lot of marketing and PR type work, and that’s what this seems like to me. Here we have a brand new QB that we’re hoping to keep around long-term, but we have to fix him as a player and change the narrative that has developed around him in recent years. 

What better way to do that than to showcase his (and the team’s) journey this season on prime time television? Obviously that’s not the only reason they decided to do this (have to say that before one of those members who loves to draw their own connections that aren’t actually there with their own crayons jumps in :facepalm:) but on the list of reasons it seems more like a PR move to generate buzz and interest in Wentz and therefore the franchise than anything else, and worth twice as many points as any of the other reasons on the list. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I think hard knocks should cover the reining superbowl champs each year.

A SB winner though is really not in the "hard knock" realm though...

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

Is this Irsay and the Colts PR staff hoping to create a whole new image for Wentz? Look, I do a lot of marketing and PR type work, and that’s what this seems like to me. Here we have a brand new QB that we’re hoping to keep around long-term, but we have to fix him as a player and change the narrative that has developed around him in recent years. 

What better way to do that than to showcase his (and the team’s) journey this season on prime time television? Obviously that’s not the only reason they decided to do this (have to say that before one of those members who loves to draw their own connections that aren’t actually there with their own crayons jumps in :facepalm:) but on the list of reasons it seems more like a PR move to generate buzz and interest in Wentz and therefore the franchise than anything else, and worth twice as many points as any of the other reasons on the list. 

It may have been a force, or arm twist.

I really doubt Reich would be for this, and especially not for the Wentz reason this year after all the buzz from Philly. It would be a massive gamble. If Wentz struggles the pressure would amplify, which is not what I'd personally want for a QB with a multi year deal. 

I'm happy though they are doing it. Can't wait to hear all the Covid narratives that come up lol... 

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Per NFL Network, Hard Knocks will do a in-season presentation of the Colts. 

Odd, but I can’t say I don’t welcome it for the national attention this team rarely has. Can see it being a negative though. 

Yeah, I don't like it it'll be a distraction 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Wentzszn said:

Not seeing a lot of players saying how excited they are. Just Okereke and Paye putting that graphic in their Instagram.

Given the timing, and they just let Carroll run them all over the turf, I'm glad they're not all pom poms... 

• Haha 1