Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LOS competitive disadvantage

jvan1973

I'm not sure if you saw Pagano on the McAfee podcast talking about how the Colts have a disadvantage in a one o'clock game when the roof is open and it's sunny.     How in the world was that not discussed when determining the home and away sidelines?   I'll post the segment.   They talk about it early in the video.    There is some salty language.    Watch at your own discretion. 

• Like 4

Many fields are this way.  Growing up, most high school fields were set up that way. My HS, the town i now live in switched to the “shady side” maybe 5 years ago after decades and decades looking into the sun.  
But i’m referring to a setting sun not  a1pm overhead sun.

not sure if was for warmth (sun) or what (for HS fields) , but i also often wondered about orientation.

I am not sure but it wouldn’t shock me if the NFL has a rule saying which side of the stadium is the home side and which side is the road side because some teams (cough) Pats (cough) would switch sides every week if they thought it gave them a better chance to win.  I think the better question is how do the people who designed the thing didn’t see this as a problem.

9 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am not sure but it wouldn’t shock me if the NFL has a rule saying which side of the stadium is the home side and which side is the road side because some teams (cough) Pats (cough) would switch sides every week if they thought it gave them a better chance to win.  I think the better question is how do the people who designed the thing didn’t see this as a problem.

I'm not suggesting they switch it week to week.    The sun during August to November doesn't drastically change.   How did no one even think about it is my question?

• Like 2

Just now, jvan1973 said:

I'm not suggesting they switch it week to week.    The sun during August to November doesn't drastically change.   How did no one even think about it is my question?

I know you aren’t.  I was just saying why I wouldn’t be surprised if the NFL doesn’t have a rule for it.  I honestly don’t know if they do or not.

For watching on TV, it sucks when the roof is open.  

I’ve only been to 1 game live at Lucas and the roof was closed, so I cannot comment on the live dynamic comparison. (I’d have been to more live games, except I live in a different country. lol)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rockywoj said:

For watching on TV, it sucks when the roof is open.  

I’ve only been to 1 game live at Lucas and the roof was closed, so I cannot comment on the live dynamic comparison. (I’d have been to more live games, except I live in a different country. lol)

I agree about the watching from home.

However, having been to several games,  I personally like the roof being open...weather permitting.