Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Week2 Injury Report (Rams)

EastStreet

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

ESPN.com said Smith is out, bad for O.Line on their game analysis breakdown. They have the Rams favored by 3.5 and have our winning chances at 45%, Rams at 55%.

I’m surprised they have with a 45 percent chance.  Feels too high to me.    

Likely without both tackles, or Fisher playing at a reduced level.   Feels like we’re ripe for a long day tomorrow.   Hope not, but it’s hard to see how to put lipstick on this pig. 

We’ve got to hunker down, ride out this storm in September and play better football the next three months to make the post-season. 

I think it is all in good fun that people make fun of a AFC Finalist banner in 2014 but I don't think most know why Irsay done that. He did that because Deflategate was a part of it and he felt at the time he got cheated. That is why I even have it as one of my banners on my signature. That is why Irsay did it. I hope people don't really think he was just happy to make the AFC Title Game, that is not why he hung it. I have a friend of mine who's sister is great friends with one of the Irsay's daughters and he told me this. People just want to make of fun of everything without knowing facts but that is today's society. Not one Patriots fan probably knows what what my friend explained to me and most Indy fans don't either. By the way we hung a 1995 AFC Finalist banner in 1995 and everyone loved it here and rolled out the red carpet for Harbuagh. Get over it, we hung a  Finalist banner in 2014 and for great reason when you know the story. The Texans would kill for an AFC Finalist banner lmao.

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m surprised they have with a 45 percent chance.  Feels too high to me.    

Likely without both tackles, or Fisher playing at a reduced level.   Feels like we’re ripe for a long day tomorrow.   Hope not, but it’s hard to see how to put lipstick on this pig. 

We’ve got to hunker down, ride out this storm in September and play better football the next three months to make the post-season. 

Yeah Rhodes is out too. I have it at 35%/65% for Rams. I hope I am wrong. I also picked the Rams to win 27-20 on our pick thread and I rarely pick against us.

Also do we have any tackles on the practice squad or anyone on the 53 outside of Pryor and Davenport who can play tackle? Seems if Pryor and Davenport both would have to play they might of elevated someone off the PS. I think this is a good sign for Fisher at least playing some. I suppose they could throw Fries in there if needed but this seems like Fisher will play some.

8 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Also do we have any tackles on the practice squad or anyone on the 53 outside of Pryor and Davenport who can play tackle? Seems if Pryor and Davenport both would have to play they might of elevated someone off the PS. I think this is a good sign for Fisher at least playing some. I suppose they could throw Fries in there if needed but this seems like Fisher will play some.

Pinter can play Tackle as well

10 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Coyle and O'D on the PS that can be elevated.

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Pinter can play Tackle as well

That would be scary... 

43 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think it is all in good fun that people make fun of a AFC Finalist banner in 2014 but I don't think most know why Irsay done that. He did that because Deflategate was a part of it and he felt at the time he got cheated. That is why I even have it as one of my banners on my signature. That is why Irsay did it. I hope people don't really think he was just happy to make the AFC Title Game, that is not why he hung it. I have a friend of mine who's sister is great friends with one of the Irsay's daughters and he told me this. People just want to make of fun of everything without knowing facts but that is today's society. Not one Patriots fan probably knows what what my friend explained to me and most Indy fans don't either. By the way we hung a 1995 AFC Finalist banner in 1995 and everyone loved it here and rolled out the red carpet for Harbuagh. Get over it, we hung a  Finalist banner in 2014 and for great reason when you know the story. The Texans would kill for an AFC Finalist banner lmao.

the banner would make sense if it was a close game .  when you lose by 40 points i doubt letting some air out of their footballs gave them that big of a advantage .   the truth is the colts team grigson put together had a horrible defense offensive line , running game , and wr core out side of hilton .   we got really lucky manning had a horrible game missing wide open passes all game .

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

the banner would make sense if it was a close game .  when you lose by 40 points i doubt letting some air out of their footballs gave them that big of a advantage .   the truth is the colts team grigson put together had a horrible defense offensive line , running game , and wr core out side of hilton .   we got really lucky manning had a horrible game missing wide open passes all game .

Pats only won by 4 dont forget which is a close score and ball likely made the difference the previous week vs ravens, in all likely hood it is Indy vs Baltimore for the right to go the Superbowl if no cheating had taken place and our squad matched up vs well vs the Poe birds.....People seem to forget that part

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yup. But they were eligible (the 2nd for OL), so could have. Must feel confident in Fisher.

Let’s hope so. Even if he plays limited snaps say on passing downs. Reich did say limited snaps was a option. If all he is needing is game shape playing is the way to do  if Pittman was in question seems they would of elevated another WR too.

27 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Coyle and O'D on the PS that can be elevated.

That would be scary... 

He ws a Right Tackle in college and was all league 2 years in a row, Has the feet and technique most feel just lacks phyiscal strength. No ideal to have him there but if he had to he could fill in.

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

He ws a Right Tackle in college and was all league 2 years in a row, Has the feet and technique most feel just lacks phyiscal strength. No ideal to have him there but if he had to he could fill in.

I love Pinter's long term outlook. But the position switch (in college) from TE was a big jump. 

Needs more S&C IMO.

Pinter seems best suited as center or guard. He filled in nicely at center a couple times last year. Who knows Reich and Ballard could say we are in trouble if Fisher doesn’t play and one of the others goes down that they might be thinking hey give  Fries or Pinter a look.  Fried does have experience at tackle. 

21 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

You don't get it but that is fine. I understand haha 

11 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Pinter seems best suited as center or guard. He filled in nicely at center a couple times last year. Who knows Reich and Ballard could say we are in trouble if Fisher doesn’t play and one of the others goes down that they might be thinking hey give  Fries or Pinter a look.  Fried does have experience at tackle. 

He's got feet for T, but strength (right now) for G/C

25 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Pats only won by 4 dont forget which is a close score and ball likely made the difference the previous week vs ravens, in all likely hood it is Indy vs Baltimore for the right to go the Superbowl if no cheating had taken place and our squad matched up vs well vs the Poe birds.....People seem to forget that part

The game would've been here too because we had the better record by tiebreaker. Yeah the Pats beat us 45-7 but not the point is what @coming on strongdoesn't get. In the 1st half they got a big lead by using deflated footballs, once we fell behind by 10 of course they could coast using water melons as footballs because they had no pressure on them at that point lmao .

28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The game would've been here too because we had the better record by tiebreaker. Yeah the Pats beat us 45-7 but not the point is what @coming on strongdoesn't get. In the 1st half they got a big lead by using deflated footballs, once we fell behind by 10 of course they could coast using water melons as footballs because they had no pressure on them at that point lmao .

I'll add one more thing to this, the score wasn't as bad as the game went. Yeah we got blown out but when they were up 31-7 we were 'deflated' and literally quit at that point and they were still throwing deep passes trying to pile it on so they ended up scoring 45. It was almost 52-7, there was like 2 minutes left and Brady threw a 50 yard pass to Edelman which was dropped, they were just piling it on at that point. It was 17-7 at Half but they got the cushion they needed by cheating because that put us in a hole and desperate so Luck started forcing things, etc. and it got out of hand from there. I know the game of football so I could see what was going on. What they did was is like if a boxer cheated somehow and won the 1st 6 rounds, then quit cheating and could coast by winning 2 rounds of the last 4 to get an easy decision. Like @holeymoley99said had they not cheated vs the Ravens, the Ravens would've won that game. Yes Tom has won more SB's after that season but to this day I believe they cheated in 2014.

35 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Well if your to a point he has to play your in trouble anyway. Might as well give him a look.

Well Davenport and Smith both looked slow and both got boat raced around the edge. Pinter is quicker, won't get boat raced, but would likely be rag-dolled... lol. Not sure which is worse.

13 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Well Davenport and Smith both looked slow and both got boat raced around the edge. Pinter is quicker, won't get boat raced, but would likely be rag-dolled... lol. Not sure which is worse.

Like I said no one on the practice squad is better. So if things degrade that much tomorrow you might as well give Fries or Pinter a look. Your not winning anyway.

Archived