Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Week2 Injury Report (Rams)

EastStreet

I think Nelson will play. We will see if Fisher gets a full practice in. The one I am most concerned about is Smith. It doesn’t seem super serious though since Reich said Braden is tough and will play if he can. Paye might be one to watch.  They let Fisher do media today so that kind of leads me to believe he has a good chance to play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I think Nelson will play. We will see if Fisher gets a full practice in. The one I am most concerned about is Smith. It doesn’t seem super serious though since Reich said Braden is tough and will play if he can. Paye might be one to watch.  They let Fisher do media today so that kind of leads me to believe he has a good chance to play.

Yup. Great call. If Fisher is now getting face time, probably a good indication of his status.

Let's hope at least. Might be a fake out lol.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yup. Great call. If Fisher is now getting face time, probably a good indication of his status.

Let's hope at least. Might be a fake out lol.

As long as either him or Smith can go I think we can manage. Reich said Pryor would be RT if Smith can’t go. I take it that is also if Fisher isn’t ready. Davenport has more experience at RT then LT. If Fisher and Smith can’t go I would seriously think of putting Nelson at LT and having Chris Reid at LG. We can’t have Davenport and Pryor as our tackles.

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

As long as either him or Smith can go I think we can manage. Reich said Pryor would be RT if Smith can’t go. I take it that is also if Fisher isn’t ready. Davenport has more experience at RT then LT. If Fisher and Smith can’t go I would seriously think of putting Nelson at LT and having Chris Reid at LG. We can’t have Davenport and Pryor as our tackles.

With Donald at 3T, I'm probably not moving Nelson this game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

With Donald at 3T, I'm probably not moving Nelson this game.

You could be right. They moved Donald all around VS the bears. Can we move Nelson all around lol. This will be ugly if both Fisher and Smith can’t go. We might want to sit Wentz so he doesn’t get injured lol.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

You could be right. They moved Donald all around VS the bears. Can we move Nelson all around lol. This will be ugly if both Fisher and Smith can’t go. We might want to sit Wentz so he doesn’t get injured lol.

Lol...yeah, let's let Eason play this one.

ridley scott gladiator GIF

54 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I wouldn’t consider moving Nelson right now. He’s dealing with some back issues and still has the foot rehab going. Let him do his thing at guard. Reich is just going to have to be better at adding TE and RB protection if one or both of the tackles can’t go. Also I’d consider rolling Wentz out of pocket a lot this week if the tackles are out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain_Colts1317 said:

I wouldn’t consider moving Nelson right now. He’s dealing with some back issues and still has the foot rehab going. Let him do his thing at guard. Reich is just going to have to be better at adding TE and RB protection if one or both of the tackles can’t go. Also I’d consider rolling Wentz out of pocket a lot this week if the tackles are out. 

You can cover for one bad tackle but not two. Yes getting Wentz out of the pocket would help. Hopefully the Rams play a light box like they did against the bears so we can run. Being 0-2 then having to go on the road for 3 games would be really bad. We need to be 1-1 going into nashville. Titans should be 0-2 after this week. Bills even have a chance at 0-2.

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

Frank:     Quenton buddy, you're going to spy Donald all game

Quenton:      Uh, Coach Reich, doesn't the defense normally do the spying?

Frank:     Quenton, consider yourself in charge of QB defense this week.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Obviously all the trench guys hurt.

But our S depth is horrid, so Willis's illness could be huge. And hope it's not catching.

Just a hunch but maybe a vaccine effect after getting it. We have seen this a few times this season. I bet he is back tomorrow. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Mike Chapell made good point on JMV today regarding Fisher. Fisher was limited but it’s hard to say what that means. He might of taken 95% of the practice reps but would still be considered limited. Fisher is the wild card here. If he can go we can manage without Smith as long as Nelson plays. 

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

Mike Chapell made good point on JMV today regarding Fisher. Fisher was limited but it’s hard to say what that means. He might of taken 95% of the practice reps but would still be considered limited. Fisher is the wild card here. If he can go we can manage without Smith as long as Nelson plays. 

Nelson will play.

If Smith plays, he's likely to be hobbled. If Fisher plays, he's likely to be rusty.

In short, not going to be pretty regardless on the ends. It's just the level of ugliness. 

If I were McVay, I'd be lining up Donald over the Smith/Glow, and Glow/Kelly gaps anyway.

Frankly I'm as worried about DB as I am about the OL.

Rhodes being out was handled well by Rock and Carrie. 

Now with Willis in doubt, our S depth is

• Odum (whom they never want to play)
  • Carrie (who is not going to be available because he'll likely be starting at one of the outside CBs spots)
  • Sendejo (who was just signed and is new to scheme)

11 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Nelson will play.

If Smith plays, he's likely to be hobbled. If Fisher plays, he's likely to be rusty.

In short, not going to be pretty regardless on the ends. It's just the level of ugliness. 

If I were McVay, I'd be lining up Donald over the Smith/Glow, and Glow/Kelly gaps anyway.

Frankly I'm as worried about DB as I am about the OL.

Rhodes being out was handled well by Rock and Carrie. 

Now with Willis in doubt, our S depth is

• Odum (whom they never want to play)
  • Carrie (who is not going to be available because he'll likely be starting at one of the outside CBs spots)
  • Sendejo (who was just signed and is new to scheme)

I seriously  doubt Willis is in doubt. We have had 3 or 4 players miss a day with Non covid illnesses. This all lines up with players getting vaccinated the week before the season started. There was a report some guys did right after that Wentz covid situation. We will see tomorrow but not concerned yet. I can’t remember if reporters said Willis was bon covid. There is always a chance I guess we find out he has covid tomorrow.  Leonard they said was non covid.

If Fisher played another position I would be more concerned with rust. Oline I don’t get as concerned. Especially with a vet. Fisher is 80 times better then anyone else we have.

If we end up missing both tackles then just run the ball so Wentz doesn’t get killed and get out of there. 

8 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I seriously  doubt Willis is in doubt. We have had 3 or 4 players miss a day with Non covid illnesses. This all lines up with players getting vaccinated the week before the season started. There was a report some guys did right after that Wentz covid situation. We will see tomorrow but not concerned yet. I can’t remember if reporters said Willis was bon covid. There is always a chance I guess we find out he has covid tomorrow.  Leonard they said was non covid.

Like I said, maybe it's just BTS spreading around the locker room......

If Fisher played another position I would be more concerned with rust. Oline I don’t get as concerned. Especially with a vet. Fisher is 80 times better then anyone else we have.

So you think LT isn't a position you need to worry about rust, when facing a top 10 DL...

Ok... 

If we end up missing both tackles then just run the ball so Wentz doesn’t get killed and get out of there. 

Sure, if you want continuous 3 and outs.

If both Ts are out, if Wentz's foot is capable, need quick rolls with quick throws.

25 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

So you think LT isn't a position you need to worry about rust, when facing a top 10 DL...

Ok... 

If both Ts are out, if Wentz's foot is capable, need quick rolls with quick throws.

I dint even know what BYS is lol.

26 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Ok... 

The point is not winning. It’s to just not get anyone injured and get healthy for the Titans and the AFC stretch coming up. Basically just start the season over next week.

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

The point is not winning. It’s to just not get anyone injured and get healthy for the Titans and the AFC stretch coming up. Basically just start the season over next week.

I don’t think the Colts coaches or players are going to agree with you on this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t think the Colts coaches or players are going to agree with you on this.

Yup. I chose not to respond because I didn't want to come off as mean lol....

This early in the season, it's really hard to sit players that "can" play. As long as the injury can't get worse. Unfortunately, we rarely know what the actual injury is in a lot of cases. 

I have no problem doing it later if the season/playoffs is out of reach though. 

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yup. I chose not to respond because I didn't want to come off as mean lol....

This early in the season, it's really hard to sit players that "can" play. As long as the injury can't get worse. Unfortunately, we rarely know what the actual injury is in a lot of cases. 

I have no problem doing it later if the season/playoffs is out of reach though. 

Yep it’s just not what NFL teams do they don’t give up on games that count before the game starts.  They know they all matter, like had the Colts beat the Jags in week one last year they would have been division champs.  Conversely had they just given up vs the Packers last year in a game most expected them to lose they wouldn’t have made the playoffs.  This is a league that sees upsets every week.  No team is just going to throw the towel in on a game before it starts if they aren’t already locked into the playoffs or out of the playoffs.

I think honestly the Colts are hungry to prove they are not as bad as they played last week and view this week as a chance to do that.  Does that mean they will?  It’s going to be hard no questions but again stranger things happen in the NFL on a weekly basis.  

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Obviously.   It was hyperbole 

You aren’t the only one saying it and others mean it so obviously it’s not obvious.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yep it’s just not what NFL teams do they don’t give up on games that count before the game starts.  They know they all matter, like had the Colts beat the Jags in week one last year they would have been division champs.  Conversely had they just given up vs the Packers last year in a game most expected them to lose they wouldn’t have made the playoffs.  This is a league that sees upsets every week.  No team is just going to throw the towel in on a game before it starts if they aren’t already locked into the playoffs or out of the playoffs.

I think honestly the Colts are hungry to prove they are not as bad as they played last week and view this week as a chance to do that.  Does that mean they will?  It’s going to be hard no questions but again stranger things happen in the NFL on a weekly basis.  

You aren’t the only one saying it and others mean it so obviously it’s not obvious.

I apologize for that.   

I don’t think coaches are just going to say well let’s take the loss. They will clearly try and win with what they have. They might end up being limited. But they also have to look at the health of the team and this being a NFC team. Add that to Titans playing in Seattle. After this game we have 3 straight road AFC games.  The best thing would clearly be win and the Titans to lose going into next week. The personell we put out there just might make Reich’s offensive game plan limited. Best bet is the defense plays lights out and helps the offense a bunch.