Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cheering Discouraged

WERC82

Perhaps they should have zones and sell tix labeled "always sit", "always rowdy", and "only on big plays" lol...

I've seen both extremes. I've been told to sit on a key plays late in a very close game, and I've had the guy in front of me who stands literally all game during a blowout.  

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Have you ever been to a game in Buffalo ? It doesn't fly....trust me

Yeah if they enforce it or not doesn’t change it’s not one of the rules.  My guess, is like the Colts is it’s designed to deal with fans who in general are just being a pain and obnoxious and blocking others views because they can.  I don’t think it’s designed to truly stop fans from standing and cheering at any point in the game.  I also don’t think the poster who first posted about their view being obstructed by fans means fans shouldn’t stand at all either.  I think again they are talking about people who are just standing and blocking others views because they can.  If they do expect people to stay seated they whole game then they are wrong and the teams have acknowledge they don’t expect that either.

On 9/13/2021 at 7:59 PM, coming on strong said:

i also thought the colts stadium is way to quite , i have been to the eagles stadium it is off the charts loud .  from what i heard it seems like the rca dome was much louder but i only been to lucas oil and it seems more like a bunch of yuppies and not as much passion as the eagles fans .

But way more brain cells…

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

What policy?

It’s pretty much the same policy I quoted with the Bills and Packers and the original poster mentioned having issues with on Sunday.  You can’t stand obsessively and block others views.  I remember when it was first announced years ago there was a whole thing there here calling it the no cheering rule.  

Like I said in a latter post I don’t think it’s designed to keep people from standing at all just to keep them for being obnoxious about it.  I also don’t think it’s enforced the same all over the stadium.  I think it’s more enforced in the expensive seats than say the cheap seats.

12 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

It’s pretty much the same policy I quoted with the Bills and Packers and the original poster mentioned having issues with on Sunday.  You can’t stand obsessively and block others views.  I remember when it was first announced years ago there was a whole thing there here calling it the no cheering rule.  

Like I said in a latter post I don’t think it’s designed to keep people from standing at all just to keep them for being obnoxious about it.  I also don’t think it’s enforced the same all over the stadium.  I think it’s more enforced in the expensive seats than say the cheap seats.

I don't see it mentioned in the code of conduct rules. 

https://www.colts.com/game-day/stadium/fancode

7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Might not be in their code of conduct but it exist as the original poster clearly mentioned having issues with it Sunday.

He didn't go into details about what happened.   I don't think any staff had issues with him simply standing up.    There is more to it than that

46 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He didn't go into details about what happened.   I don't think any staff had issues with him simply standing up.    There is more to it than that

Probably so.  Like I’ve said I don’t think this policy is designed to keep from fans standing at any point in the game.  It designed to keep them from being obnoxious with it, especially where you have rich season tickets holders who tend to be older and are more likely to complain about someone blocking their view constantly.  

2200 views on this topic, certainly upper brass of both the Colts and Lucas Oil communications team will provide clarity. I was there on Sunday, it mentioned unruly patrons/Language/nothing about standing. Interested to see if those attending this week see something different. We need the 12th man every game! 

Ya can't expect people to stay seated during à game (although I've certainly witnessed that at games I've been to)

For most.....it's human nature to jump up on big plays...and cheer...and yell... it's what we do and DEFINITELY bring the noise on Defense.

I miss being at the games.  Nothing like it!.  

On 9/15/2021 at 4:24 PM, DougDew said:

OTOH,  a concert is all about listening to the stars make noise.  Who watches a concert with the sound down?  And about singing, you know, projecting noise from a voicebox.  Kinda the intent of the whole thing.  And lighting up of course.

There is lots of entertainment on the football field and experiences around it already without a person having to make a lot of noise to have fun.  Provided that you can see around the loud mouthed fat *s.

I went to Fleetwood Mac concert when I lived in Utah.  Took my son - he was 13 and really excited about it.  My son got to sit next to a woman who "Wooop wooped" the whole time.  I was having a hard time hearing the music she was so loud and I am sure my son couldn't hear.  I had to ask her to quiet down.

How could she even hear the music? 

I can understand standing and yelling at a game but if you are doing it the whole time it is pretty annoying.  And please don't bring a sign or where a big foam hat!

6 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Ya can't expect people to stay seated during à game (although I've certainly witnessed that at games I've been to)

For most.....it's human nature to jump up on big plays...and cheer...and yell... it's what we do and DEFINITELY bring the noise on Defense.

I miss being at the games.  Nothing like it!.  

Yeah and I don’t think the Colts policy is designed to stop that.

On 9/15/2021 at 8:16 PM, life long said:

You probably saw me getting mad about people being lazy fans for sure. I have been bringing up this problem since I have been on the forum. The RCA dome was fine LOS is too comfortable.  BTW I too had been asked countless times to stop yelling and sit down in the over 10 years I had season tickets.

Been to many games over the years I have never been told to sit down or shut up if I had the cussing would have been loud & clear back off * . I stopped going to games I prefer to watch them on T.V they'v sucked since 12 wimped out . 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/13/2021 at 8:09 PM, jvan1973 said:

That's nonsense.   They discourage noise on offense,  not defense. 

I have been told to sit down by stadium staff when we're on defense on a critical down, and was hit in the back with the program/booklet they hand out when you come in.....on a 3rd down defense play. Where was the stadium staff when someone threw things at me? I stay in my seat almost the entire game. I get up on big 3rd downs and even move to the area at the top of the entry stairs so I'm not obstructing anyone's view.

Archived