Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cheering Discouraged

WERC82

2 minutes ago, WERC82 said:

Public Service Announcement

If you go to a Colts game you are not allowed to stand and make noise when the Colts are on defense but, you are allowed to throw items at those who do.

Perhaps Indy sought guidance from Notre Dame?

i also thought the colts stadium is way to quite , i have been to the eagles stadium it is off the charts loud .  from what i heard it seems like the rca dome was much louder but i only been to lucas oil and it seems more like a bunch of yuppies and not as much passion as the eagles fans .

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i also thought the colts stadium is way to quite , i have been to the eagles stadium it is off the charts loud .  from what i heard it seems like the rca dome was much louder but i only been to lucas oil and it seems more like a bunch of yuppies and not as much passion as the eagles fans .

RCA Dome was much louder I remember being in Indy for those games but LOS is nothing compare to Dome.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, WERC82 said:

If you go to a Colts game you are not allowed to stand and make noise when the Colts are on defense but, you are allowed to throw items at those who do.

There’s always gonna be casuals who don’t get it. Even when almost everyone else is doing it over and over all around them. 

Some days you blast off, some days you just smoke. 

6 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

RCA acoustics were more conducive for loudness. 

It also had Peyton Manning lol

I thought LOS was loud at times (as far as what you can notice from the TV) yesterday, but the missed 4th down call noticeably took the air out of the stadium.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, WERC82 said:

That's nonsense.   They discourage noise on offense,  not defense. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

There’s always gonna be casuals who don’t get it. Even when almost everyone else is doing it over and over all around them. 

Some days you blast off, some days you just smoke. 

The high priced seats in NFL stadiums, and old alumni seats in CFB are all more blah than other areas (in general).

ND's 30-30 yard lines down low can be no-fun... Even in big or close games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

The high priced seats in NFL stadiums, and old alumni seats in CFB are all more blah than other areas (in general).

ND's 30-30 yard lines down low can be no-fun... Even in big or close games.

Those are rich old folks seats.   They get catered food and have no idea who is playing.    

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Those are rich old folks seats.   They get catered food and have no idea who is playing.    

I've sat there plenty. And getting told to sit down on a key 3 down play (either side of the ball), is nonsense.

I'm not on my feet all game or all downs, but big plays in big games shouldn't be an issue for even old fogies. 

At minimum, the staff shouldn't be heavy handed at those times.

• Sad 1

I've sat there plenty. And getting told to sit down on a key 3 down play (either side of the ball), is nonsense.

I'm not on my feet all game or all downs, but big plays in big games shouldn't be an issue for even old fogies. 

At minimum, the staff shouldn't be heavy handed at those times.

I've been to many ND games.  You're right,  that segment in the stadium is a joke.   When Regis was alive he did his best to get them on their feet.   It is what it is.   I hate how many ND fans sell their seats to opposing fans.  But USC, Stanford and especially Michigan weeks get pretty crazy unless we're getting blown out

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I've been to many ND games.  You're right,  that segment in the stadium is a joke.   When Regis was alive he did his best to get them on their feet.   It is what it is.   I hate how many ND fans sell their seats to opposing fans.  But USC, Stanford and especially Michigan weeks get pretty crazy unless we're getting blown out

A lot of fans sell their seats these days. Good and bad. I got front row for the ND at Clemson hurricane game (bought before the weather forecast) on the Clemson side. Had to pay the piper, but happy some Clemson alum was greedy. Awesome game even though we lost.

Just now, EastStreet said:

A lot of fans sell their seats these days. Good and bad. I got front row for the ND at Clemson hurricane game (bought before the weather forecast) on the Clemson side. Had to pay the piper, but happy some Clemson alum was greedy. Awesome game even though we lost.

A friend of mine decided to fly his small airplane to that game.   His plane went down and he and his passengers were killed.   I will always wonder why you fly into a hurricane for a football game in a 4 seater airplane.  RIP Scott his dad and his passengers

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

A friend of mine decided to fly his small airplane to that game.   His plane went down and he and his passengers were killed.   I will always wonder why you fly into a hurricane for a football game in a 4 seater airplane.  RIP Scott his dad and his passengers

Ouch. I'm truly sorry for your loss. Folks do crazy things for sports though.

Me, I had that week planned for a long time. I flew a buddy in from Indy for concert, then camping/fishing week prior to the game. We camped at the lake nearby during the monsoon. We had a guide and fished during it all too. Slayed some hybrid bass. We had full rain gear on the whole time, including the game. We were front row and the water was almost to the top of our rubber boots. We were down on the field post game. Crazy week. 

• Like 1

Ouch. I'm truly sorry for your loss. Folks do crazy things for sports though.

Me, I had that week planned for a long time. I flew a buddy in from Indy for concert, then camping/fishing week prior to the game. We camped at the lake nearby during the monsoon. We had a guide and fished during it all too. Slayed some hybrid bass. We had full rain gear on the whole time, including the game. We were front row and the water was almost to the top of our rubber boots. We were down on the field post game. Crazy week. 

I'm worried about our Irish this year.   Barely beating FSU, then they lose to Jacksonville state,  then a comeback against Toledo.     Sorry to derail the thread, but Purdue might put it on us Saturday

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

RCA acoustics were more conducive for loudness. 

It also had Peyton Manning lol

I thought LOS was loud at times (as far as what you can notice from the TV) yesterday, but the missed 4th down call noticeably took the air out of the stadium.

I am with you, at least the first half they sounded louder than the team has been in years past. I will know much better at this weekends game

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm worried about our Irish this year.   Barely beating FSU, then they lose to Jacksonville state,  then a comeback against Toledo.     Sorry to derail the thread, but Purdue might put it on us Saturday

New DC, new scheme, new QB, only a few starters back on D, and a mostly new OL.....

I expected a rough start. 

Toledo is a good team though, and IIRC, is favored to win the MAC. Returned almost all their starters I read.

3 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I am with you, at least the first half they sounded louder than the team has been in years past. I will know much better at this weekends game

Been a few years since I've been to a game at LOS. Hoping to hit one while I'm back in Dec/Jan. 

Last one I went to was pretty loud I think.

56 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

That's nonsense.   They discourage noise on offense,  not defense. 

I've been told by security to sit down and I only partially stand on big plays. I'm front row so I kinda kneel and shout over the glass. I don't obstruct anyone's view but still get grief for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WERC82 said:

I am from NJ and usually fly out for a game each year. Last game I was at (Jags game pre-covid) couple guys in the row behind me were upset that I was standing on 3rd down and cheering when the Colts were on defense. I respectfully told the man that this is a sporting event and I am going to continue cheering on the Colts. 

Being from NJ and having attended many Philly, NY and NJ games I honestly was shocked that this even happened. The stadium is definitely one of the quieter ones that I have been too. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, WERC82 said:

I've been told by security to sit down and I only partially stand on big plays. I'm front row so I kinda kneel and shout over the glass. I don't obstruct anyone's view but still get grief for it.

If they are on defense I don't buy it.   I've been there hundreds of times and never seen a staff member intervene ever unless someone is unruly 

Are you kidding me?? I flew from Florida, was as loud as I could be and probably was on my feet for 15 plays the entire game. For those people who mind people standing during critical times of the game, stay home. Sell your seats to the opposing team as many Seahawks fans shared with me the entire weekend. I was happy with the noise yesterday, we as fans were out of shape too. If any * would tell me to sit down after spending $250 for tickets, have a nice day!!! Will be heading to Nashville to represent the real fan base of the Colts. Not the hands under the rear patrons I see often at our home games. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Been a few years since I've been to a game at LOS. Hoping to hit one while I'm back in Dec/Jan. 

Last one I went to was pretty loud I think.

ya, I mean not as lowed as some other stadiums, and certain stadiums (Seahawks) is structured and designed to be loud even if the fans are not as. When i was there for a sounders game up high it was super loud still even though it shouldnt have been. 

And good luck, Pats or Raiders are the two options 

• Like 1

Just now, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

ya, I mean not as lowed as some other stadiums, and certain stadiums (Seahawks) is structured and designed to be loud even if the fans are not as. When i was there for a sounders game up high it was super loud still even though it shouldnt have been. 

And good luck, Pats or Raiders are the two options 

Yup.

On games, I'm willing to pay. It'll be more about time and family. I may be coming back from outside the country, and may not be able to spend my traditional two weeks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Damn that is awful! I quit going to games years ago, last I game attended was in 2013. I just got the point where I didn't like dealing with large crowds (there are always a few people that get out of line as well) and a beer back then was 7 dollars lmao . I have been to around 50 games or so I had my fun. I have everything I need at the house, peace, beer, wings, and I can watch all the games. 

The RCA Dome was a much better HFA, ultra loud at times! When we were on defense it was loud. Peyton liked it quiet while he was on offense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Damn that is awful! I quit going to games years ago, last I game attended was in 2013. I just got the point where I didn't like dealing with large crowds (there are always a few people that get out of line as well) and a beer back then was 7 dollars lmao . I have been to around 50 games or so I had my fun. I have everything I need at the house, peace, beer, wings, and I can watch all the games. 

The RCA Dome was a much better HFA, ultra loud at times! When we were on defense it was loud. Peyton liked it quiet while he was on offense.

Completely agree

• Like 2

3 hours ago, coming on strong said:

It's true Seahawks fans were maybe a 5th of the crowd but they got louder than most Colts fans for sure. RCA dome was insane. I thought the crowd was into it at first yesterday but were quickly deflated by those big chunk throws. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cjrulli said:

I am from NJ and usually fly out for a game each year. Last game I was at (Jags game pre-covid) couple guys in the row behind me were upset that I was standing on 3rd down and cheering when the Colts were on defense. I respectfully told the man that this is a sporting event and I am going to continue cheering on the Colts. 

Being from NJ and having attended many Philly, NY and NJ games I honestly was shocked that this even happened. The stadium is definitely one of the quieter ones that I have been too. 

We have a bunch of yuppie Karens who find celebration and excitement distracting to their GM IQs at work. Who doesn't want everyone to scream bloody murder every 3rd down and everytime the opposing teams center hand hits the ball. If your not doing that your not playing your part.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EastStreet said:

That really was true. Anyone who ever attended an RCA game can attest to that.

I vividly remember once hearing him say Richmond, Richmond... Hey Hey Check, Check 3 4 3 4....... From the upper deck.. Lol

• Like 2

14 hours ago, coming on strong said:

As someone who worked security in both the RCA dome and Lucas Oil, the RCA dome was MUCH MUCH MUCH louder. Just as Market Square Arena was MUCH MUCH louder than Conseco Fieldhouse or whatever they’re calling it these days.

the designers didn’t design the buildings to magnify acoustics like the older buildings. The layout and openness of both buildings is the reason.

the loudest game I’ve ever worked was the AFCCG against the Patriots, especially in the 4th quarter. 

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Why do people stand up when they can see the field fine sitting down?

Does a person have to stand to yell?    If so, they should probably get that checked out.

Actually is a scientific fact that you can project louder by being on your feet than you can sitting down...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Actually is a scientific fact that you can project louder by being on your feet than you can sitting down...

That's fine.  But it only really matters if everyone is doing it.  I tend to laugh at the guy who is the only one standing up like he's intimidating the opponent and getting upset at everyone else for not.

I mean, if its in the 4Q and the crowd needs to disrupt the opponent on a critical 3rd down, sure.  But other than that, some of this seems like just a lack of self control or lack of consideration for people sitting behind. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, csmopar said:

As someone who worked security in both the RCA dome and Lucas Oil, the RCA dome was MUCH MUCH MUCH louder. Just as Market Square Arena was MUCH MUCH louder than Conseco Fieldhouse or whatever they’re calling it these days.

the designers didn’t design the buildings to magnify acoustics like the older buildings. The layout and openness of both buildings is the reason.

the loudest game I’ve ever worked was the AFCCG against the Patriots, especially in the 4th quarter. 

Did you ever hear the colts pumping in crowd noise on the speakers ?  I heard they did I. The old rca dome. 

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

Did you ever hear the colts pumping in crowd noise on the speakers ?  I heard they did I. The old rca dome. 

Not that I noticed.

We did have to lock down the exterior doors during the AFCCG against the Patriots. The vibrations from the noise level were actually causing air pressure vibrations which were setting of alarms for the air pressure maintained roof of the RCA dome. Course that ended up raising the DB levels substantially which made the problem worse. Ultimately, we had to curtail smoking by only allowing one door per side to be opened, but only if all other doors were closed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, coltsfan_canada said:

RCA Dome was much louder I remember being in Indy for those games but LOS is nothing compare to Dome.

night and day in fact. Smaller building, better team... added noise says angry patriots fans (for noticing their cheating issues).

LOS is such a nice building, but the crowd is... not an issue for road teams.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

night and day in fact. Smaller building, better team... added noise says angry patriots fans (for noticing their cheating issues).

LOS is such a nice building, but the crowd is... not an issue for road teams.

It’s also the design. The RCA dome was essentially a bowl with a dome lid. The LOS is basically a big box, that changes things quite a bit. The shape is more important than the size 

• Like 1