Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week1: List 5 Positive Things (no negatives, there are enough threads for that lol)

EastStreet

Here's mine

1. Paye - Paye didn't get home, but he was active and a handful. The pressure stats won't be out for a few days, but gonna say he had decent stats. He was against a pretty good LT. Not a great stat showing in terms of sacks, but a lot to be optimistic about.
  2. Strachan - I don't think he had a lot of snaps, and only a few targets, but looked the part. If he can play good minutes at X, it opens up our whole WR unit for a lot of flexibility. Great first week for the young man.
  3. Wentz - He was pressured all game, but had a pretty solid and clean game. 250ish yards and 2 TDs, without turning the ball over. All on sore foot in a new scheme. You simply have to take this as a positive.
  4. Rock Ya Sin - the punching bag for most of the offseason was the best DB on the field. He outplayed every starting DB and it wasn't even close.
  5. Parris Campbell - didn't get as many snaps it seemed as Pitt or Pascal, and only had one catch, but it was sure a nice one. Ran a deep slot slant like Tyreek Hill down the middle and held on after getting the wood laid to him. More of those routes please. 

Positives!?!?  The Colts lost those aren’t allowed.  All bashing all the time!

In all seriousness

1.  Wentz looked way better than I expected for a QB who was with a new team and missing all of camp and pre-season.

2.  The first drive was really well designed.

3.  Big Q played well

4.  Rock was quiet but played well

5.  The turnover Leonard forced was picture perfect.  Just too bad the Colts couldn’t cash in.

I’ll add a bonus of the special teams cover units looked good.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Positives!?!?  The Colts lost those aren’t allowed.  All bashing all the time!

In all seriousness

1.  Wentz looked way better than I expected for a QB who was with a new start and missing all of camp and pre-season.

if you told me he'd get sacked 3 times, and hit 10+ times, I would have bet you $1M he had at least one INT lol. 

2.  The first drive was really well designed.

First drives are generally pretty good. It certainly was the highlight of the play calling lol

3.  Big Q played well

Best OL, and on a sore foot. That's just so sad in other aspects lol

4.  Rock was quiet but played well

Quiet can be very good for a DB :headspin:

5.  The turnover Leonard forced was picture perfect.  Just too bad the Colts couldn’t cash in.

Leonard looked decent most of the game. Had some poor, un-Leonard-like moments, but also had the big FF. Overall good. 

I’ll add a bonus of the special teams cover units looked good.

Special Teams, Special Teams, you kidding me. You wanna talk Special Teams :funny:

4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

we have to get healthy and stay at least semi healthy that is what is killiing us.  without ty being the focus our other wrs suffer , same with fisher being out and rhodes .  even turray when healthy is a good pass rusher

5 positives is the game

22 minutes ago, coltsfan_canada said:

1. Wentz is a keeper

2. Strachan is a good find.

3. Buckner/Nelson did good.

4. Wentz had good connections with Pascal.

5. Can we stick to less than 5 positives because it is really hard to find 5 positives can we list 10 negatives. haha

It was a little hard for me too. But the 5 I listed are indeed good. Just had to think a while lol. 

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

It was a little hard for me too. But the 5 I listed are indeed good. Just had to think a while lol. 

Well the 2 that really stick out are

Wentz and Strachan/Pascal.

Everything else is Meh but too be honest I am very excited to see Wentz the way we were getting pressured in OL I would have thought Wentz would fold but I am really happy for him.

13 minutes ago, coltsfan_canada said:

Well the 2 that really stick out are

Wentz and Strachan/Pascal.

Everything else is Meh but too be honest I am very excited to see Wentz the way we were getting pressured in OL I would have thought Wentz would fold but I am really happy for him.

I don't think Paye was meh. He wasn't the wrecking ball sack monster some wanted, but he played as well as you could not getting a sack lol... I'm really interested to see the full pressure stats and grades later this week.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Here's mine

1. Paye - Paye didn't get home, but he was active and a handful. The pressure stats won't be out for a few days, but gonna say he had decent stats. He was against a pretty good LT. Not a great stat showing in terms of sacks, but a lot to be optimistic about.
  2. Strachan - I don't think he had a lot of snaps, and only a few targets, but looked the part. If he can play good minutes at X, it opens up our whole WR unit for a lot of flexibility. Great first week for the young man.
  3. Wentz - He was pressured all game, but had a pretty solid and clean game. 250ish yards and 2 TDs, without turning the ball over. All on sore foot in a new scheme. You simply have to take this as a positive.
  4. Rock Ya Sin - the punching bag for most of the offseason was the best DB on the field. He outplayed every starting DB and it wasn't even close.
  5. Parris Campbell - didn't get as many snaps it seemed as Pitt or Pascal, and only had one catch, but it was sure a nice one. Ran a deep slot slant like Tyreek Hill down the middle and held on after getting the wood laid to him. More of those routes please. 

Yeah I taught Paye looked good out there too.

I was looking at his rushing, he didn’t really get much of an opportunity to rush the passer. With the Seahawks having over 5 YPC, there wasn’t much obvious passing downs. And those that were, he was doing stunts often as opposed to be lined up in a wide 9 stance and allowed attack Brown.

His run defense was top notch though. Had a few tackles, he also set a good edge to bounce Carson back into the LBers for the Leonard fumble.

Ive high hopes for him. Hopefully this Sunday we sort out our usually good run defense and get Paye attacking the nearly 40 year old Withworth in obvious passing downs.

9 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Yeah I taught Paye looked good out there too.

I was looking at his rushing, he didn’t really get much of an opportunity to rush the passer. With the Seahawks having over 5 YPC, there wasn’t much obvious passing downs. And those that were, he was doing stunts often as opposed to be lined up in a wide 9 stance and allowed attack Brown.

His run defense was top notch though. Had a few tackles, he also set a good edge to bounce Carson back into the LBers for the Leonard fumble.

Ive high hopes for him. Hopefully this Sunday we sort out our usually good run defense and get Paye attacking the nearly 40 year old Withworth in obvious passing downs.

Whitworth is old, but he's been good. His grades last year were elite and no sacks given up. 

He's got to decline sometime though lol. Hoping it's this week.

1. Wentz took those hits like a boss, while completing throws. 

2. Hines and Taylor made the best out of nothing.

3. Strachan made two big contested 1st down catches. No drops. 

4. Paye didn't have numbers that showed up on paper but he played a big role in holding Wilson to no rushing yards and recovered the fumble. 

5. Special teams almost blocked two punts. And Leonard got a TO.

1. For as bad as the offensive line played, I thought Wentz played well overall. 25/38 251 yards, 2 TD's, no Picks.

2. I liked the way Strachan looked, not many catches but 2 nice one's.

3. Leonard had another game where he created a Turnover.

4. Although JT didn't rush for 100 yards, he combined for over 100 yards = 54 rushing yards, 60 passing yards 114 yards total.

5. Pascal had 2 TD catches, he seems to usually play well in most games.

Archived