Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rams Colts Predictions

danlhart87

Stafford doesn’t do well with interior pressure. Buckner needs to have a good game. Colts actually have a player in Buckner to simulated Donald. They just need to do some one on ones with him this week.

The why they move Donald around makes me think maybe we should do that. With Buckner. He his long and lean could be interesting to see him on the edge once in awhile.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I predict that the colts D will limit if not eliminate big over the top plays like they gave up against seahawks.

The reason is playing deep & soft. Maybe our CB's play as deep as hooker used too? And our safeties even deeper.haha

Stafford will play pitch & catch and complete about 95% of his passes.

If the colts can have success with short quick passes and run effectively they can limit possessions for rams with time consuming drives. I think this will be a short game, less than 3 hours.

On paper rams should rout the colts. Colts need to convert points on possessions to stay in it.

Our kicker needs to make all FG's attempted and Frank needs his 4th down decisions to be successful for the colts to stay in the game.

Rams 31.     Colts 16

No nelson or Smith at practice. No Paye. Rhodes isn’t practicing. We just need to end the season. This keeps getting worse by the week. Wentz will be lucky to make it out of this game with no injuries. This is starting to remind me of the covid Titans game last year. You just know there is no way the colts can compete. 

12 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

No nelson or Smith at practice. No Paye. Rhodes isn’t practicing. We just need to end the season. This keeps getting worse by the week. Wentz will be lucky to make it out of this game with no injuries. This is starting to remind me of the covid Titans game last year. You just know there is no way the colts can compete. 

Also over under is at 37 on over reactions by Wentzszn 

2 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Yeah the list is quite alarming. I don't see how it works out for the boys in blue. 

However, 0-2, 0-3 isn't bad. Honestly i expected the Colts to start off in a hole and battle out of it. Like in 2018. The team's story is taking the character of it's coach's story. Battle, battle, win.

We'll possibly be 1-4/0-5/maybe 2-3 by the quarter mark. I fully expect us to be trampled by MSM, and i expect us to make the playoffs even with such a poor start. Hopes built on fumes and vibes but hope nonetheless.

2 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

You forgot to mention Leonard.  

PlayerPositionInjuryWedThuFriGame Status

Darius Leonard

LBAnkle/IllnessDNP

Quenton Nelson

C/GFoot/BackDNP

Xavier Rhodes

CBCalfDNP

Braden Smith

T/GFootDNP

Eric Fisher

OTAchillesLP

Al-Quadin Muhammad

DEAnkleLP

Kwity Paye

DEHamstringDNP

Kemoko Turay

DEGroinLP

Mike Strachan

WRAnkle(-)LP

Jack Doyle

TE Not Injury Related - Resting Veteran(-)DNP

Khari Willis

SIllness(-)DNP

Just now, Colt.45 said:

Yeah the list is quite alarming. I don't see how it works out for the boys in blue. 

However, 0-2, 0-3 isn't bad. Honestly i expected the Colts to start off in a hole and battle out of it. Like in 2018. The team's story is taking the character of it's coach's story. Battle, battle, win.

We'll possibly be 1-4/0-5/maybe 2-3 by the quarter mark. I fully expect us to be trampled by MSM, and i expect us to make the playoffs even with such a poor start. Hopes built on fumes and vibes but hope nonetheless.

At this point just sit the injured guys and get them ready for the Titans. Just hope Wentz doesn’t get killed. I don’t even want to watch this game. Just once I would like for this team to not have all the drama. Watch the Texans will win after everyone laughs at them.

Losing two home games is bad. It will come back and bite us.

7 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

At this point just sit the injured guys and get them ready for the Titans. Just hope Wentz doesn’t get killed. I don’t even want to watch this game. Just once I would like for this team to not have all the drama. Watch the Texans will win after everyone laughs at them.

Losing two home games is bad. It will come back and bite us.

Yeah it's not a pretty sight at all. I agree, if some guys are only kinda ready, i wouldn't force it, i'd just sit them and get them that extra week of rehab. 

I think the fact that the losses are versus NFC teams who will also be SB contenders sort of soothes the situation. Also, i think at this point in the development of this team, we're not yet at the Manning years where every loss meant possibly losing home field advantage for the playoffs. At this point, we're just trying to make it in and i think in this division this year, 10 games may win it. I think the Colts have a super run starting week 5/6 and i think they drop only a game (if any) after that. We'll be fine i think.

#MoreVibes 

2 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Yeah it's not a pretty sight at all. I agree, if some guys are only kinda ready, i wouldn't force it, i'd just sit them and get them that extra week of rehab. 

I think the fact that the losses are versus NFC teams who will also be SB contenders sort of soothes the situation. Also, i think at this point in the development of this team, we're not yet at the Manning years where every loss meant possibly losing home field advantage for the playoffs. At this point, we're just trying to make it in and i think in this division this year, 10 games may win it. I think the Colts have a super run starting week 5/6 and i think they drop only a game (if any) after that. We'll be fine i think.

#MoreVibes 

The fact this is another NFC is another reason I would sit anyone that has injuries. I just don’t know how we are going to keep Wentz healthy. We just need to run the ball and get out of there.

14 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Sundays mission should be get the game over as fast as they can and not get Wentz killed. Then get ready to start the season over against the Titans.

Sundays mission is to win and any mindset less than that is unacceptable. With the way some people on this forum are talking the Rams might as well stay home and we can just FedEx them the victory. Where is the faith ? This is our team, our Colts. Stop over reacting and let this all come together. We are going to play Sunday and we may not win but we sure as heck aren’t going to mail anything in. Let’s go Colts !!! 

29 minutes ago, Myles said:

Darius Leonard

LBAnkle/IllnessDNP

Quenton Nelson

C/GFoot/BackDNP

Xavier Rhodes

CBCalfDNP

Braden Smith

T/GFootDNP

Eric Fisher

OTAchillesLP

Al-Quadin Muhammad

DEAnkleLP

Kwity Paye

DEHamstringDNP

Kemoko Turay

DEGroinLP

Mike Strachan

WRAnkle(-)LP

Jack Doyle

Khari Willis

SIllness(-)DNP

Thanks for the update buddy!  Btw, I didn't know that Doyle was batteling "Silliness". lol...I know it was a typo, but made me laugh after reading the report above it, thanks!

6 minutes ago, Captain_Colts1317 said:

Sundays mission is to win and any mindset less than that is unacceptable. With the way some people on this forum are talking the Rams might as well stay home and we can just FedEx them the victory. Where is the faith ? This is our team, our Colts. Stop over reacting and let this all come together. We are going to play Sunday and we may not win but we sure as heck aren’t going to mail anything in. Let’s go Colts !!! 

It’s reality. We will see who is ruled out tomorrow but if Fisher and Smith don’t play it will be a very ugly game.  The only way we may have a chance is the defense gets a bunch of turnovers in Rams territory. There is a point you have enough of your good players out you can’t compete.

37 minutes ago, Myles said:

Darius Leonard

LBAnkle/IllnessDNP

Quenton Nelson

C/GFoot/BackDNP

Xavier Rhodes

CBCalfDNP

Braden Smith

T/GFootDNP

Eric Fisher

OTAchillesLP

Al-Quadin Muhammad

DEAnkleLP

Kwity Paye

DEHamstringDNP

Kemoko Turay

DEGroinLP

Mike Strachan

WRAnkle(-)LP

Jack Doyle

Khari Willis

SIllness(-)DNP

Yikes.

59 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

#MoreVibes 

26 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

That’s why they need to use this game as a bye week. Just sit injured players and get the hell out of there without getting Wentz injured.

Yeah but every loss adds up in the standings and makes it more difficult to get a wild card if you can't win the division. 

3 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

clock cuckoo GIF

Just now, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Yeah but every loss adds up in the standings and makes it more difficult to get a wild card if you can't win the division. 

The fact Titans are playing in Seattle and are most likely 0-2 also and this is a nfc team we can afford to lose and start over next week when AFC teams start. There is a good chance all AFC South teams lose this weekend. I would laugh if Texans pull a upset and end up 2-0.

I will say one thing positive lol. I remember that Steelers game we were missing both tackles and we should have blown them out if not for bad coaching. I was shocked that we played that well. But Wentz is not Rivers. Carson’s extending the play trait might even make this situation worse. Does anyone remember if we had veldheer for that game or was it two bad tackles? 

Rans like to play a light box so I think we can get some good screen passes and run game bur it won’t be close to enough. If the tackle situation is that bad they may even change things up and try and shut down the run game and make us throw.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Darius Leonard

LBAnkle/IllnessDNP

Quenton Nelson

C/GFoot/BackDNP

Xavier Rhodes

CBCalfDNP

Braden Smith

T/GFootDNP

Eric Fisher

OTAchillesLP

Al-Quadin Muhammad

DEAnkleLP

Kwity Paye

DEHamstringDNP

Kemoko Turay

DEGroinLP

Mike Strachan

WRAnkle(-)LP

Jack Doyle

Khari Willis

SIllness(-)DNP

there is a chance 6 or 7 starters out of 22 will not play sunday counting ty .  this is not good even fully healthy colts are huge underdogs and the rams are fully healthy .

I entered this week believing that, if we ran the ball, controlled possession, played solid defense, and created turnovers, we could win this game 23-20.

Now, after looking at the injury/practice report...  well....  ewwww....

I'll just have to settle for crossing my fingers.

Otherwise, it's 31-17 Rams.

"Everything you ever wanted is on the other side of hard." -- Frank Reich

53 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

For sure. That's why i said i think 10 games wins this division. Also, i think an AFC wildcard might get in with 9 or 10 games after all there'll be three wildcard teams. Look at how many of the 'good' AFC contenders lost in week 1, and i think after week 2, we'll see quite a few of those teams at 0-2. The NFC has the powerhouses but the AFC (outside KC) has some good teams who will beat up on one another.

Archived