Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rams Colts Predictions

danlhart87

1 hour ago, MPStack said:

Hopefully, the Colts can keep this game close. That will be a step in the right direction and something to build on. If, the Colts get manhandled in back to back weeks, it’s bad news. 

Even if we drop the game vs the Rams things might be ok.  What matters is getting Wentz rolling in this offense, getting him comfortable, and playing good defense on the other side.  If those things happen the Colts will be a team that makes the playoffs and finishes strong.

Drawing the NFC West straight up sucks.  That's four hard matchups added to the schedule but everyone in the division plays them too.  So focus on winning the division and even if you go into the playoffs with a low seed you're still in the playoffs.

And btw this is one of the tougher schedules I can remember.  Not only playing the NFC West but also Buffalo, Tampa and Miami are all really tough teams.  The silver lining in all this is that if we get into the playoffs the team will be well-tested.

On 9/13/2021 at 9:46 AM, MPStack said:

There’s three guys on the line getting paid serious $$. It better improve.

What a tough guy you are considering all 3 are dealing with injuries and Davenport will likely be out there, and Glow is mediocre. Our line SHOULD be expected to have a rough game. But they will give it all you can bank on it.

47 minutes ago, Boondoggle said:

Even if we drop the game vs the Rams things might be ok.  What matters is getting Wentz rolling in this offense, getting him comfortable, and playing good defense on the other side.  If those things happen the Colts will be a team that makes the playoffs and finishes strong.

Drawing the NFC West straight up sucks.  That's four hard matchups added to the schedule but everyone in the division plays them too.  So focus on winning the division and even if you go into the playoffs with a low seed you're still in the playoffs.

And btw this is one of the tougher schedules I can remember.  Not only playing the NFC West but also Buffalo, Tampa and Miami are all really tough teams.  The silver lining in all this is that if we get into the playoffs the team will be well-tested.

All true! The schedule is brutal and I said months ago, I thought the Colts might head in the wrong direction in 2021. Wentz needs to be the guy, so the Colts aren’t in QB purgatory for years to come. For the Colts to be successful, Wentz needs be more like 2017 Wentz, because the roster is not strong enough IM to take the next step without a franchise QB.

In the last 4 seasons the Colts are a playoff team with a top 10 QB. Without one, not so much. 

Wentz needs to be the guy! 

• Like 1

I think our main oline guys improve from last week, although if our RT is out from his foot, we probably lose the game no matter what. Assuming Fischer doesn’t come back, we saw last year against the Steelers what happened with backup tackles. 

That said, my score prediction with Smith and Fischer out is probably 33-20 Rams. 

With Fischer and without Smith: 33-26 Rams. 

with both: MAYBE, 35-33 Colts. I’m a big optimist for our guys. 

8 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

What a tough guy you are considering all 3 are dealing with injuries and Davenport will likely be out there, and Glow is mediocre. Our line SHOULD be expected to have a rough game. But they will give it all you can bank on it.

I rephrase it then. We have three players on the line, that are top-5 at their positions. They should play better than last week’s dismal performance.  How’s that tough guy? 

I am going to be optimistic and say the Colts win 24-23 because they should be able to establish the running game. In Week 1, the Bears ran the ball 26 times and were effective. Since Nagy is not a run-first coach, they did not stick with it and should have. The Colts must run behind Center and Guard all day and try to wear down the Rams D-Line and subsequently win the 4th Quarter. Use Taylor and Mack A LOT in the first half, then change it up with some Hines in the 2nd half to look for explosive plays. A run heavy offense should open up the play-action game and maybe Wentz can take 4-5 deep shots to stretch out the linebackers and secondary.

However, if Wentz is forced to throw 30+ times with Smith and Fischer out, it could get ugly fast.

Go Colts!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Solon said:

Colts 31-Lambs 20. Rams have no where near the talent Seattle has on offense. Their defense is nowhere near the same as last season too. I'm from LA and I've watched nearly every Ram game the past 3 years. Losing Michael Brockers and John Johnson III was huge. Michael Brockers was more than a competent running mate for Aaron Donald. He was a big part of their run defense and it allowed Aaron Donald to focus on rushing the passer. Johnson III was an excellent clean up guy at safety. We have more than a decent shot at winning.

Cooper Krupp, Robert Woods, Van Jefferson, Tyler Higbee is pretty damn good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColtsBlitz said:

I think our main oline guys improve from last week, although if our RT is out from his foot, we probably lose the game no matter what. Assuming Fischer doesn’t come back, we saw last year against the Steelers what happened with backup tackles. 

That said, my score prediction with Smith and Fischer out is probably 33-20 Rams. 

With Fischer and without Smith: 33-26 Rams. 

with both: MAYBE, 35-33 Colts. I’m a big optimist for our guys. 

They had 9 points with nearly 2:00 to go into the game. Putting up 26 against the LAR would be a great sign for this offense, win or lose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shasta519 said:

They had 9 points with nearly 2:00 to go into the game. Putting up 26 against the LAR would be a great sign for this offense, win or lose.

You’re exactly right, it would be. I listen to the ForTheColture podcast with Luke Diamond and he says it all the time: Frank Reich has been really good at playcalling in the past, especially his first two years. The last two years he’s made a lot of errors. I really pray he gets back to dialing up the right plays at the right times, it’s too often that he hasn’t been coaching to our players’ strengths. 

i.e. he needs to use Campbell’s speed, Strachans size, Pittman’s route running and open field speed etc. If he does that, I see a win. 

Rams 28 - 14

OL and Defense improve but disappointing. Carson and offense out of sync. Terrible timing and no running lanes.  Offensively the Ram will do the same as the Seahawks but no chunk plays. Just out coached by mismatch. With or without Fisher or Braden or Xavier it doesn't matter. Our OL coaches are ZERO. They hired Mawae and Milonovich to just appease Frank and they just don't do anything. Marcus Brady is worst than Nick Sirriani and can't set up the playcalls for Reich. Eberflus is soooo comfortable with his job security that he does not focus on the details. The secondary is and will be terrible this year. Until the coaching staff wakes up the team will underperform and lose to the Titans for sure. 

16 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

Rams 28 - 14

OL and Defense improve but disappointing. Carson and offense out of sync. Terrible timing and no running lanes.  Offensively the Ram will do the same as the Seahawks but no chunk plays. Just out coached by mismatch. With or without Fisher or Braden or Xavier it doesn't matter. Our OL coaches are ZERO. They hired Mawae and Milonovich to just appease Frank and they just don't do anything. Marcus Brady is worst than Nick Sirriani and can't set up the playcalls for Reich. Eberflus is soooo comfortable with his job security that he does not focus on the details. The secondary is and will be terrible this year. Until the coaching staff wakes up the team will underperform and lose to the Titans for sure. 

You decided all that after 1 game ?

And to answer question about my score 

Colts 4 FG 2 TD 26

Rams 3 TD 1 Missed PAT and Safety 22

7 hours ago, Mitch Connors said:

Rams offense is equal/greater than the Seahawks. 

Rams defense is much better than the Seahawks.

Rams 38-16

Don't agree their offense is greater than Seahawks and do feel LA's D is better but not much better. Seahawks are a darn good team and I feel superior to the Rams.

• Like 1

After watching the Rams/Bears highlights, I feel pretty confident the Colts can run on the Rams. That being said, if the Rams get a big lead, the Colts run game might be inconsequential. I have a feeling the Colts defense will play better and the run game will be the difference.

I’m picking Colts 27-24

• Like 1

Expect a bounce back game. Yall put way too much on game 1 just like you did last year.  As ive always said game 1 tends to be an extension of the preseason. The starters barely even played together if at all during the preseason and this year they played less games. This is especially true for the OL and the QB. The likelihood of problems and slopiness was very high. We will make the necessary adjustments that we didnt make game 1.

• Like 3

Rams 35 Colts 10. I am afraid it is going to be a long year. And to make things worse we probably won"t have a number one pick next year. I would have went after Darnold instead of Wentz. Would have been a lot cheaper in draft picks given up.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, King Colt said:

If the Colts lose to the Rams the good news is the Titans are at Seattle, Texans @ Cleveland and the Jags are home vs. Denver meaning the Colts will not lose ground if the other three lose.  

Yea I think colts lose vs the rams but so do all the other afc south teams . I think we beat the Titans and end up in first place at 1-2 then beat the dolphins and ravens . 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, krunk said:

Expect a bounce back game. Yall put way too much on game 1 just like you did last year.  As ive always said game 1 tends to be an extension of the preseason. The starters barely even played together if at all during the preseason and this year they played less games. This is especially true for the OL and the QB. The likelihood of problems and slopiness was very high. We will make the necessary adjustments that we didnt make game 1.

Redzone struggle- Not a game one thing

3rd down issues- Not a game one thing

Failing to generate pass rush- Not a game one thing

Failed 4th down conversion- Not a game one thing

Slow starts to games- Not a game one thing

Maybe some here are basing their feelings of one game, but I've seen plenty around here pointing out that the same issues have been and continue to plague us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, King Colt said:

If the Colts lose to the Rams the good news is the Titans are at Seattle, Texans @ Cleveland and the Jags are home vs. Denver meaning the Colts will not lose ground if the other three lose.  

Wouldnt it be hillarious if Texans won this weekend and start 2-0. They have a hard game so if they win maybe they aren’t as bad as people think. Sometimes a situation like the Watson situation and all the hate that team had got can bring players closer.

It's Thursday, I've had some time to analyze the loss and look at this weeks matchup with the Rams and I'm feeling optimistic. I'll say we only lose 31-13........yeah you should be glad I didn't post my prediction right after the seahawks game.

• Haha 2

If we have a chance in this game is going to come down to the tackles. We can’t be without Fisher and Smith and expect to win. It will get ugly if we are without both. If one plays we might have a chance. Wentz might not make the entire game if both of them miss the game.

1 hour ago, coltsfeva said:

After watching the Rams/Bears highlights, I feel pretty confident the Colts can run on the Rams. That being said, if the Rams get a big lead, the Colts run game might be inconsequential. I have a feeling the Colts defense will play better and the run game will be the difference.

I’m picking Colts 27-24

Reich will still run more than most want even if we are behind by 2 touchdowns. 

I expect that Stafford's experience and throwing ability will produce similar as Wilson did against our young, Flus type D.
 With a hobbled Smith, and Davenport out there they should be able to stiffle our run game. That is a doomsday scenario for our O.
 So 27-13 Rams is my wild guess.

1 hour ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Redzone struggle- Not a game one thing

3rd down issues- Not a game one thing

Failing to generate pass rush- Not a game one thing

Failed 4th down conversion- Not a game one thing

Slow starts to games- Not a game one thing

Maybe some here are basing their feelings of one game, but I've seen plenty around here pointing out that the same issues have been and continue to plague us.

We did not fail to generate a pass rush every game last year and the same will be true this year. No matter how good the line is theres going to be games where they dont get home and this is especially true for a team that only wants to send a 4 man rush.  And 2ndly every game does not mimic exactly what happened in the previous game. Each game has its own story. Its funny bc had we won the game most of you would be running with the offseason narrative that we could beat any team instead of turning into chumps getting yellow streaks down your backs about the Rams. And our personnel isnt much different. However if you lose one game people throw all that out the window.

Today will be a big day for the injury report. Rhodes and Smith need to practice at least limited. Fisher needs to practice in full. We will also find out if Paye and AQM injuries happened in practice if they don’t practice.

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

We did not fail to generate a pass rush every game last year and the same will be true this year. No matter how good the line is theres going to be games where they dont get home and this is especially true for a team that only wants to send a 4 man rush.  And 2ndly every game does not mimic exactly what happened in the previous game. Each game has its own story.

I I remember right we had 6 sacks the final game against the jags. You are correct no matter how good any teams pass rush is they won’t get home Everytime.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mitch Connors said:

Rams offense is equal/greater than the Seahawks. 

Rams defense is much better than the Seahawks.

Rams 38-16

I have no idea if the first part is correct or not. I kinda don't think it is, but it's not so different that it'll matter much as it pertains to sunday. The second part is true and will be ... less than fun to watch. We've seen Ramsey almost singlehandedly will Jags D's over the Colts in the past.