Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rams Colts Predictions

danlhart87

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said when the schedule came out it was an 0-2 start, we are not going to beat the powerful rams. The nfl made the lions give them Stafford so they could have a qb instead of the pathetic Jarrod Goff. I love it how the nfl involves themselves in player movement. One question needs answered, in 2017 I heard commissioner Goodell say "we are going to have a strong team in LA" Boy, he was right, but, how did he know that????? I've never heard any commissioner say "we are going to have a strong team in Indy" I just have to vent, it's the same old same old again this year. This team is way more talented than those pathetic steelers but the results aren't going to show it, just the way it is in the nfl.

17 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

I said when the schedule came out it was an 0-2 start, we are not going to beat the powerful rams. The nfl made the lions give them Stafford so they could have a qb instead of the pathetic Jarrod Goff. I love it how the nfl involves themselves in player movement. One question needs answered, in 2017 I heard commissioner Goodell say "we are going to have a strong team in LA" Boy, he was right, but, how did he know that????? I've never heard any commissioner say "we are going to have a strong team in Indy" I just have to vent, it's the same old same old again this year. This team is way more talented than those pathetic steelers but the results aren't going to show it, just the way it is in the nfl.

The Steelers = $$$$$ 

Rams 31, Colts 19. This team isn't ready for prime time or to compete with the best teams in the NFL. There is lots of work to do. The receivers are the motley crew I expected them to be. They will get better but not in time to save this season. Stafford was the QB we needed. Wentz gets about 6 yards per completion and Wilson just about doubled that. So will Stafford. These first five games will take forever and then we will see if we have a team. I already have reduced my win prediction from ten for the season to nine.

1 hour ago, Two_pound said:

How did the NFL do that?

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love Rocky 3, maybe my favorite movie of all-time, Mr T's role was awesome. The best of the Rocky series by far IMO, Apollo training Rocky was priceless.

The first movie is the best by far.  its a real movie, the rest are just formulaic action movies.

It’s hard for me to do score predictions, but if this isn’t a blow out loss I’ll be shocked. Stafford loves the deep ball and they’ve got a solid set of receivers with Cupp, Woods, and Jefferson. Secondary will be battered and deep fried  and served next to a side of fries. 

The SEA was indicative of rust and not being ready to play, for various reasons.  One of the reasons being a lack of confidence in their own health.

I think the Colts bounce back with confidence that their players who were injured in preseason are healthy enough to play hard for 60 minutes.

Can't predict the score, but I expect it to be a much better showing. 

Colts win 24 - 17

The Colts responded well after losses last year and I believe that continues. Hopefully Fisher and Rhodes are back for this one.

Braden just got reported for an injury from the game (maybe it explains his unusal bad performance) , so if they miss both T's then I might have to rethink my predicition.

6 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

Reich needs to do better in the play calling dept. Need to utilize his #1 bell cow RB(JT) more, O-line needs to improve, the defense needs to improve all around, more pressure on the QB by doing most of these, they might be able to keep it close.  Rams 31-27.

Reich has no idea what to do.

Did you see him on the sidelines?  "Deer in the Headlights".....duh, let's go for it on 4th down again.

17 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Rams 34

Colts 20

Very poor matchup for the Colts here. Yes, they may get Eric Fisher back. However, the O-Line looked horrible against an inferior d-line to this one, and I'm taking Aaron Donald over any single O-Lineman we have (including big Q). They also have guys such as Sebastian Joseph-Day and Leonard Floyd, and Jalen Ramsey in the secondary.

Their offense Vs our defense doesn't get much better. They have Stafford, Woods, Kupp, and a decent rest of an offense against our defense. However, this is basically a Seahawks situation where I don't see us stopping their offense or top two WRs.

The positives are that David Montgomery ran for over 100 yards against the Rams tonight. However, that seems to be an outlier as it didn't happen all of 2020 to the Rams D-Line. We also may get Xavier Rhodes back to help against Kupp and Woods. If that happens, the defense will be improved.

Still don't like this matchup as the Rams dominated the Bears on the scoreboard, and I don't see it being much different next week unless something major happens such as Pittman or Campbell breaking out, Strachan being put in the offense for a bigger role, or us just being really aggressive and tossing some deep passes to Campbell occasionally to try and score. 

Aaron Donald lol. I don’t even know what to think. He might hurt somebody. 

Some of you get so damn ridiculous after a loss it makes no sense! All of a sudden every opponent becomes a super impenetrable giant that we are going to get smoked by.  We didnt just become the Jaguars overnight! We lost 1 friggin game.

I cant remember ever losing a game to Matthew Stafford. You watch 1 opponent on TV against another opponent then you get the grass is greener mentality. "Oh wed never beat the Rams!" Not the Rams!  I repeat we didnt just become the Jaguars overnight.  We need a few adjustments not an overhaul people!

On 9/13/2021 at 12:54 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

Rams 34

Colts 20

Very poor matchup for the Colts here. Yes, they may get Eric Fisher back. However, the O-Line looked horrible against an inferior d-line to this one, and I'm taking Aaron Donald over any single O-Lineman we have (including big Q). They also have guys such as Sebastian Joseph-Day and Leonard Floyd, and Jalen Ramsey in the secondary.

Their offense Vs our defense doesn't get much better. They have Stafford, Woods, Kupp, and a decent rest of an offense against our defense. However, this is basically a Seahawks situation where I don't see us stopping their offense or top two WRs.

The positives are that David Montgomery ran for over 100 yards against the Rams tonight. However, that seems to be an outlier as it didn't happen all of 2020 to the Rams D-Line. We also may get Xavier Rhodes back to help against Kupp and Woods. If that happens, the defense will be improved.

Still don't like this matchup as the Rams dominated the Bears on the scoreboard, and I don't see it being much different next week unless something major happens such as Pittman or Campbell breaking out, Strachan being put in the offense for a bigger role, or us just being really aggressive and tossing some deep passes to Campbell occasionally to try and score. 

It's football and on any given Sunday, any team can get it.

I think the Rams blow the doors off the Colts BUT if there're two things that might help the Colts out, it's that we're playing at home (yay home field) and they're coming in from the West coast; and secondly, if we can replicate the formula Frank Reich loves i.e. running the ball and picking spots to pass explosively once the defense is sucked in, then maybe we can make it a long game and get something out of it like we did in KC or even in Buffalo. It'll need 100% focus and i am sure these boys are focused after Seattle undressed them.

The odds are heavy in the Rams favor and if i were a betting man, i'd bet on LA winning by multiple scores. However, any given sunday, the Colts have a chance to make a HUGE statement and i'd love to see that happen so go Colts!

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Some of you get so damn ridiculous after a loss it makes no sense! All of a sudden every opponent becomes a super impenetrable giant that we are going to get smoked by.  We didnt just become the Jaguars overnight! We lost 1 friggin game.

I cant remember ever losing a game to Matthew Stafford. You watch 1 opponent on TV against another opponent then you get the grass is greener mentality. "Oh wed never beat the Rams!" Not the Rams!  I repeat we didnt just become the Jaguars overnight.  We need a few adjustments not an overhaul people!

Stafford has never played with a defense like the one he has now. I get that the Rams aren’t impossible to beat, however with our protection issues and pass defense issues, probability of win is low

Archived