Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rams Colts Predictions

danlhart87

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rams 31 Colts 17.

Same prediction as last week. Colts showed how bad they could be today. Don’t see the offensive line issues being fixed in 1 week even more so when facing the Rams D line and Donald.

Secondary will be torched by Stafford. Colts offense is going to have to have a good game. Didn’t show they could do it today.

Honestly, most of the rust was most likely because the Colts didn’t have Nelson, Kelly, or Wentz all pre season.

Rams 34

Colts 20

Very poor matchup for the Colts here. Yes, they may get Eric Fisher back. However, the O-Line looked horrible against an inferior d-line to this one, and I'm taking Aaron Donald over any single O-Lineman we have (including big Q). They also have guys such as Sebastian Joseph-Day and Leonard Floyd, and Jalen Ramsey in the secondary.

Their offense Vs our defense doesn't get much better. They have Stafford, Woods, Kupp, and a decent rest of an offense against our defense. However, this is basically a Seahawks situation where I don't see us stopping their offense or top two WRs.

The positives are that David Montgomery ran for over 100 yards against the Rams tonight. However, that seems to be an outlier as it didn't happen all of 2020 to the Rams D-Line. We also may get Xavier Rhodes back to help against Kupp and Woods. If that happens, the defense will be improved.

Still don't like this matchup as the Rams dominated the Bears on the scoreboard, and I don't see it being much different next week unless something major happens such as Pittman or Campbell breaking out, Strachan being put in the offense for a bigger role, or us just being really aggressive and tossing some deep passes to Campbell occasionally to try and score. 

colts - 9

Rams - 34

They'll be spanking our bottoms no doubt, this will be our biggest defeat of the season.

It's sky's the limit after this matchup.

Fingers crossed we have a good month of practice with our starters getting in their groove, mind body and all that!

Let's get it. Go Colts!

18 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Before the season started I thought it would be 2018 all over again slow start then we get hot .   

I had us starting 2-3 but winning yesterday. After looking at the games I still say 2-3, I see us winning at Tennessee and I still say we beat Miami. Tua looked very average - I just seen the highlights, they won because the Pats had 4 Turnovers. After that we play teams like the Texans and Jags. Patience.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love Rocky 3, maybe my favorite movie of all-time, Mr T's role was awesome. The best of the Rocky series by far IMO, Apollo training Rocky was priceless.

Agreed. With 4 being 2nd best. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we beat the Rams that would be huge haha , they killed the Bears.

I was thinking more of what Wentz will be filling with Darnold coming at him...

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I think the 1st 4 Rocky's were classics. What I didn't like about 4 was Apollo getting killed in 2 rounds, that would never happen in real life. I could see him taking a beating for 6 or 7 rounds but 2 Nah, Apollo was the GOAT in fictional boxing. 

Here is my annual observation after watching other teams after a Colts early-season loss-

Why do the Colts look like they don't know what they are doing?  Other teams look like professional-caliber groups...Colts?  Not so much.

Is it the yearly tea party the coaching staff calls training camp?  Or am I wrong in that assessment...

Harsh, I know.

25 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Darnold?

9 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

Rams 31 Colts 17.

Same prediction as last week. Colts showed how bad they could be today. Don’t see the offensive line issues being fixed in 1 week even more so when facing the Rams D line and Donald.

Secondary will be torched by Stafford. Colts offense is going to have to have a good game. Didn’t show they could do it today.

Honestly, most of the rust was most likely because the Colts didn’t have Nelson, Kelly, or Wentz all pre season.

If you recall, the Oline played poorly early last season too.  When AC was out.  Once he returned and we got better LT play, it improved the entire Oline play.  

13 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Here is my annual observation after watching other teams after a Colts early-season loss-

Why do the Colts look like they don't know what they are doing?  Other teams look like professional-caliber groups...Colts?  Not so much.

Is it the yearly tea party the coaching staff calls training camp?  Or am I wrong in that assessment...

Harsh, I know.

Darnold?

I feel you on training camps going soft I think it has a lot to do with injuries and poor conditioning. In the Colts defense though we haven't got to put our starters together to build that cohesiveness going into the season. A lot of other teams have all their starters and some players.

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

If you recall, the Oline played poorly early last season too.  When AC was out.  Once he returned and we got better LT play, it improved the entire Oline play.  

There’s three guys on the line getting paid serious $$. It better improve.

Rams win by 11+ . Their secondary wil lock our guys up. TE is weak for us, so nothing to exploit there. Their D-Line vs our O-Line seems like a bad matchup after yesterday. 

They ran the ball well against the Bears and Neutralized Mack. Our DBs prefer to let WRs get open, so Im sure that trend will continue.

Archived