Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jeff Fisher: Did he know? Did he care about Gregg Williams: Keep it a clean debate!

BrentMc11

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone (NFL) knew about the bounty system but to what extent, I don't know. I think many teams have a bounty system but again to what extent? You need to put the hurt on someone, the opposing player must know that you're around but not take the players career!

I don't see how any of the coaches didn't know. I've seen reports that Joe Gibbs didn't know in Washington and he is more of a CEO type coach as opposed to being hands on so I might give him the benefit of doubt, but Fisher, as fiery as he is and as hands on, I can't believe he didn't know.

Dungy has been on record as saying he believes that the system was in place in Tennessee. For a tame man like Dungy to make such an accusation there has to be a lot of fire behind that smoke.

I think everyone (NFL) knew about the bounty system but to what extent, I don't know. I think many teams have a bounty system but again to what extent? You need to put the hurt on someone, the opposing player must know that you're around but not take the players career!

EVERY team knows an injury report! There is not a DC that will ever not look at it! I am as mean as it gets....I never said take out a player who was not injured!! We look at previous injuries in the locker-room!

I don't see how any of the coaches didn't know. I've seen reports that Joe Gibbs didn't know in Washington and he is more of a CEO type coach as opposed to being hands on so I might give him the benefit of doubt, but Fisher, as fiery as he is and as hands on, I can't believe he didn't know.

Dungy has been on record as saying he believes that the system was in place in Tennessee. For a tame man like Dungy to make such an accusation there has to be a lot of fire behind that smoke.

I am with you. Joe Gibbs is considered holier than though at times. I HOPE he did not know....how could he not have....bounties follow Williams!!

I am with you. Joe Gibbs is considered holier than though at times. I HOPE he did not know....how could he not have....bounties follow Williams!!

He was an offensive guy, and he used to delegate the defense to others, even back in the day. That is the only thing I have that could support him not knowing.

I dont think Jeff knew, why would you hire a defensive coordinator thats not going to be their? is it possible a head coach doesnt know about a bounty system? yes, not likely but until I hear that Jeff knew something then I have to believe he didnt know

He was an offensive guy, and he used to delegate the defense to others, even back in the day. That is the only thing I have that could support him not knowing.

A HEAD COACH has to know...insert Sean Payton! I think Joe is declining a million interviews!

I dont think Jeff knew, why would you hire a defensive coordinator thats not going to be their? is it possible a head coach doesnt know about a bounty system? yes, not likely but until I hear that Jeff new something then I have to believe he didnt know

Fisher was hired on 1/13. Williams was hired a few days later, then all the bounty talk started after the fact of him being hired. Of course the investigation going on before that, Was Fisher interviewed prior to that? Who knows. I'd say Gibbs didn't know before Fisher.

I dont think Jeff knew, why would you hire a defensive coordinator thats not going to be their? is it possible a head coach doesnt know about a bounty system? yes, not likely but until I hear that Jeff knew something then I have to believe he didnt know

Really? I know my nephew just got a tweet from Shaq...OK...a little before tweets!!!! Friends/they knew.

A HEAD COACH has to know...insert Sean Payton! I think Joe is declining a million interviews!

a head coach should know yes but that dont mean he can be everywhere at once, also another factor is if Fisher is a defensive guy or offensive, cant know what your not told or in the room to hear, My guess is he knew something but I have nothing to back that up

Im confused what ya just said, ya mean shaq just tweeted to your nephew and all his friends know?

I was saying social networking now is not like it WAS to Joe Gibbs.....Fisher and Williams are tight....I was being sarcastic...usually funny....not sarcastic (OK)

a head coach should know yes but that dont mean he can be everywhere at once, also another factor is if Fisher is a defensive guy or offensive, cant know what your not told or in the room to hear, My guess is he knew something but I have nothing to back that up

A principal should know what is going on in the school!!! If the head coach does not know, that means even more....that Williams is a devious man! "lets look for a knee that has not been injured."

Over a week ago, maybe 2 now, I don't remember, I posted a topic on the Saints Bounty scandal pertaining to HC's aren't always aware of what goes on in defensive meetings or cognizant of exactly what all their coordinators are doing.

Since posting that topic, by my own admission, I acknowledge I was wrong & all head coaches must know exactly what their coordinators are teaching & how they are teaching their methods. A head coach is responsible for the conduct of the men under his command & leadership. Physical toughness is 1 thing; cheap shots are quite another. If Fisher didn't know Williams tactics, he should have IMO. You can still swarm to the ball without career ending hits IMO.

Over a week ago, maybe 2 now, I don't remember, I posted a topic on the Saints Bounty scandal pertaining to HC's aren't always aware of what goes on in defensive meetings or cognizant of exactly what all their coordinators are doing.

Since posting that topic, by my own admission, I acknowledge I was wrong & all head coaches must know exactly what their coordinators are teaching & how they are teaching their methods. A head coach is responsible for the conduct of the men under his command & leadership. Physical toughness is 1 thing; cheap shots are quite another. If Fisher didn't know Williams tactics, he should have IMO. You can still swarm to the ball without career ending hits IMO.

I may have agreed at one point. I was asked by a close friend when this happened:" Did Jeff Fisher Know?"

I said they are best friends......IMO....Jeff Fisher knew he was mean...he had been there....done that...More investigation will come....players still to be named....

EVERY team knows an injury report! There is not a DC that will ever not look at it! I am as mean as it gets....I never said take out a player who was not injured!! We look at previous injuries in the locker-room!

All I'm saying some teams have a "bounty system" but I don't know to what extent and that could very well mean just a good hit. You put the hurt on someone to block and tackle but you do not play the game to injure someone!

its like this in my opinion, when working at any job your responsible for your own job and responsible for knowing what your job description entails,, head bosses at companies cant even tell ya every little word that was said at meetings. why is that? because they have so many other things to worry about, does that mean he didnt know? yes he could have known but to fry the man (fisher in this case) without facts that he knew or was being investigated as well is wrong, should he have been made aware if it happened on his watch ? yes of course cause he is the head coach, but even head coaches cant be in two places at once

I may have agreed at one point. I was asked by a close friend when this happened:" Did Jeff Fisher Know?"

I said they are best friends......IMO....Jeff Fisher knew he was mean...he had been there....done that...More investigation will come....players still to be named....

I agree 100% Brent. They probably are bosom buddies, but no one else will hire Williams even if he is allowed to return after a few years...Although, I never thought QB Michael Vick would return to the NFL either & look where his career is at now.

its like this in my opinion, when working at any job your responsible for your own job and responsible for knowing what your job description entails,, head bosses at companies cant even tell ya every little word that was said at meetings. why is that? because they have so many other things to worry about, does that mean he didnt know? yes he could have known but to fry the man (fisher in this case) without facts that he knew or was being investigated as well is wrong, should he have been made aware if it happened on his watch ? yes of course cause he is the head coach, but even head coaches cant be in two places at once

Your point is a valid one Gavin. It's like when they teach you in Drivers ED that sometimes in blizzard conditions if you can't see traffic markings on the pavement you aren't legally responsible for observing them. I seriously doubt Coach Fisher will take any heat for the DC Gregg Williams hire, but even federal prosecutors will tell you in embezzlement cases ignorance of a theft doesn't absolve you of responsibility either. Questions should have been asked & legitimate independent followup conducted. Football franchises will certainly scrutinize their coaching & hiring protocol now. I can guarantee you that now.

All I'm saying some teams have a "bounty system" but I don't know to what extent and that could very well mean just a good hit. You put the hurt on someone to block and tackle but you do not play the game to injure someone!

No bounties! Put a star on the helmet! These freaks of nature.....need money! These guys make millions....I was happy with a star!

I think a lot of teams had incentive programs of some sort. It sounds like the Saints went above and beyond making it injury related and also coming from the coaches/organization rather than just player based.

Hard to know how similar it was to program Williams had at other teams. My guess is that the Saints one was more advanced than the others.

I think a lot of teams had incentive programs of some sort. It sounds like the Saints went above and beyond making it injury related and also coming from the coaches/organization rather than just player based.

Hard to know how similar it was to program Williams had at other teams. My guess is that the Saints one was more advanced than the others.

well we already know coaches pay players for tackles $100 here $200 their

Good point buddy! I put 3 guys in the hospital with hits.....5 o on the basketball floor....

Lol only thing im gonna say is im glad they got caught,if any other teams get caught thats great,no matter who it is,We as sports fans should be appalled this went on..Winning at any price?DONT THINK SO.....Im glad the comish isnt backing down,I will never support or be a fan of any team that does this.LET THEM RECIEVE WHATS COMING TO THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like your thought but the problem is the title "head coach" means he is in charge of everything, including what his subordinates do. The concept he didn't know is just another example of "deniability" being used, he knew but not officially, so he could deny everything.

Think of Bill Clinton when he said "I did not have sexual relations with that woman." He wasn't lying in his mind, and neither was Sean Payton.

I like your thought but the problem is the title "head coach" means he is in charge of everything, including what his subordinates do. The concept he didn't know is just another example of "deniability" being used, he knew but not officially, so he could deny everything.

Think of Bill Clinton when he said "I did not have sexual relations with that woman." He wasn't lying in his mind, and neither was Sean Payton.

Oh I believe Payton got what was coming to him, that organization has be warned by Goodell before for suspicion I believe it goes back two years worth of lies , Im speaking of Fisher some are frying him already

As Brent you know im a sports fan in general,I think we both are,.I appreciate a great athlete for what he does,as well as a great franchise,i have my favorites as does everyone,but i appreciate great performance and will aknowledge it,but i guess when it boils down to it you have to have integrity doing it or it means absolutely nothing to me

As Brent you know im a sports fan in general,I think we both are,.I appreciate a great athlete for what he does,as well as a great franchise,i have my favorites as does everyone,but i appreciate great performance and will aknowledge it,but i guess when it boils down to it you have to have integrity doing it or it means absolutely nothing to me

Jay...straight up! I never hurt anyone on purpose.....unless I was punching ...OK you are correct! Still laughing in my youth....

I had to think awhile....yeah just an old guy....NOT!

Bounties have been 4-ever. They were not called that...Time for them to go away...

Names on towels in 85....clothes lines and head slaps.....Old Packers and Raiders.

Goodell is taking a stance.....all fans need t know. From Bantom/pee-wee forever....teach TACKLING! not just hits.....