Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I don't often agree with Holder... but....

EastStreet

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

And it's even a worse look when the HC says he needs to watch the tape.....

Do you know the protection calls?   I think the right half the the oline played poorly.   I don't know why though.    And neither do you.   You think you're a savant as far as all things football.   The fact of the matter is,  if you don't know the responsibility of the players you don't know what you're talking about.    

Every coach is going to want to watch the film and talk to the o line and qb before making a statement about it.    Even in high school the qb could change the protection.   Have you ever played high school ball?

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Do you know the protection calls?   I think the right half the the oline played poorly.   I don't know why though.    And neither do you.   You think you're a savant as far as all things football.   The fact of the matter is,  if you don't know the responsibility of the players you don't know what you're talking about.    

Every coach is going to want to watch the film and talk to the o line and qb before making a statement about it.    Even in high school the qb could change the protection.   Have you ever played high school ball?

The right line played poorly, so did Davenport. Davenport gave up like 2 sacks in short order. Both Ts and C played poorly. I didn't see Q make any egregious mistakes, and Glows seemed not-bad.... 

No I don't know the protection calls, but don't bring a weak "we don't know the protection call so we can't judge" argument nonsense. The OL obviously played poorly. I'm not a savant, nor does it take one to say the OL stunk today... Reich should have acknowledged it, and then said we need to watch film. 

Yes I played HSFB. We won two States while I was there. And I watched plenty of film on Saturdays. Our coach didn't need to watch film to tell us after the game Friday night that we stunk.

Of course this is more nonsense from the usual suspects. 

Of course Reich doesn’t need to watch tape.  But he’s not going to publicly trash his own guys, the strength of the team, after a bad week one performance.  

And the people who are complaining about it are the media who most on this website hate, and the fans who insist somebody be publicly blamed.  Those who want a public pound of flesh.   Sorry, Reich has his players back.  

Blaming Reich for not publicly blaming his players is childish fanboy nonsense masquerading as tough guy talk.   Typical.

Yawn.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

The right line played poorly, so did Davenport. Davenport gave up like 2 sacks in short order. Both Ts and C played poorly. I didn't see Q make any egregious mistakes, and Glows seemed not-bad.... 

No I don't know the protection calls, but don't bring a weak "we don't know the protection call so we can't judge" argument nonsense. The OL obviously played poorly. I'm not a savant, nor does it take one to say the OL stunk today... Reich should have acknowledged it, and then said we need to watch film. 

Yes I played HSFB. We won two States while I was there. And I watched plenty of film on Saturdays. Our coach didn't need to watch film to tell us after the game Friday night that we stunk.

I watched game film every night but Sunday as a player even more as a coach

Often I watched the game on film the nigh5 it was played

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

I watched game film every night but Sunday as a player even more as a coach

Often I watched the game on film the nigh5 it was played

So did we. But our full team was required to watch film every Saturday morning. Different units watched different tapes later in the week. Now technology has improved a ton since I was in HS.... we actually had reels lol... 

Holder is just reacting in the typical way.  Human psyche can be a predictable thing.

He's got to provide the fans with read meat, along the phony narrative they now want to see.

After several years of championing the idea that spending lots of capital on a LG and a RG who has had to play RT because of a lack of talent at RT can lead to winning football, 

the knives will come out against Frank instead of just admitting several years of wrongmindedness.

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

So did we. But our full team was required to watch film every Saturday morning. Different units watched different tapes later in the week. Now technology has improved a ton since I was in HS.... we actually had reels lol... 

we were required to volunteer Ref for the local football league

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Holder is just reacting in the typical way.  Human psyche can be a predictable thing.

He's got to provide the fans with read meat, along the phony narrative they now want to see.

After several years of championing the idea that spending lots of capital on a LG and a RG who has had to play RT because of a lack of talent at RT can lead to winning football, 

the knives will come out against Frank instead of just admitting wrongmindedness.

You have it correct 

9 minutes ago, DougDew said:

the knives will come out against Frank instead of just admitting several years of wrongmindedness.

Doctor Dew

1 minute ago, JediXMan said:

Yeah and Holder is one of the more Homer media guys as well. 

Yup. That's why I said I don't often agree. 

Knives came out on the radio today (not normal) and Homer Holder is knives out lol

12 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

What school??  What year?  I played for Brownsburg in 84 and 85.   

When we missed assignments on audibles, we were called out on Saturday.   After the coaches decided the protection called.   I'm not sure how your coaches knew the protection if it was changed by the center or qb

2 minutes ago, Andrew_Luck said:

That going over the tape comment is giving me Chuck Pagano flashbacks.

Yup. When your QB gets hit literally 10 times plus sacked another 3 times, I think it's OK to say the OL stunk. Add in that our RBs got no help with OL push most of the day and were under 4.0 AVG... 

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

When we missed assignments on audibles, we were called out on Saturday.   After the coaches decided the protection called.   I'm not sure how your coaches knew the protection if it was changed by the center or qb

One of the Catholics (a few years after you).

If our OL let our QB get hit 10 times and sacked 3 more times, the coaches didn't wait till Saturday morn... 

We got reamed after the game. Sometimes had to run after games. And sometimes had to run after film the next day too....

Our coaches didn't suffer bad play. We weren't a soft team.

Just now, EastStreet said:

One of the Catholics (a few years after you).

If our OL let our QB get hit 10 times and sacked 3 more times, the coaches didn't wait till Saturday morn... 

We got reamed after the game. Sometimes had to run after games. And sometimes had to run after film the next day too....

Our coaches didn't suffer bad play. We weren't a soft team.

We won two indiana state championships back to back

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Charting the O was one of my coaching duties

manually wrote each play as they were called then organized them by play type, formation etc after watching the game film before the Saturday meetings

2 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Holder is an ID**t. 

If you need to use him for post game fodder... 

I now believe the Seahawks have a powerful, talented D-Line and Bobby Wagner.

Not a Holder fan either. But is he an * for being knives out now, or for kissing up in years past? Or both lol

Seahawks DL isn't powerful lol. Ranked 29th coming into the season. They looked it today though lol... We'll see if it last vs a better OL. Wagner is a stud though.

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

We won two indiana state championships back to back

won 2 (my soph and sr years)

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Not a Holder fan either. But is he an * for being knives out now, or for kissing up in years past? Or both lol

Seahawks DL isn't powerful lol. Ranked 29th coming into the season. They looked it today though lol... We'll see if it last vs a better OL. Wagner is a stud though.

won 2 (my soph and sr years)

What state?  What class?

A recurring problem with Reich has been unprepared football. Theres also been no continuouity at QB which, youd think might be just a little bit important but we on the forum like to act like QB is plug in play. 

I've given Reich a lot of forgiveness for bonehead mistakes but it feels kind of like he's just not learning from it. 

7 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

A recurring problem with Reich has been unprepared football. Theres also been no continuouity at QB which, youd think might be just a little bit important but we on the forum like to act like QB is plug in play. 

I've given Reich a lot of forgiveness for bonehead mistakes but it feels kind of like he's just not learning from it. 

I think he's got plenty of grace for musical chair QBs, and perhaps some undeserved credit. Definitely a tough situation you don't want for a team though. 

20 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Any of you want to give me 2 to 1 odds the Colts make the playoffs.   We can bet and give the money to charity 

Im definitely not on the jump off a cliff stage. This is par for the course. And then they'll get good, and then they blow a couple games 70 or 80% through the season, and then blow the playoff game they earned. 

This is what Reich has shown to do. I am wondering how much leash Ballard is willing to give Frank. 

Do we understand what Ballard may be willing to do in order to achieve Dynasty status? Or is he willing to be blinded by his relationship with Reich? 

Personally I feel like if Reich does the same thing this year as usual, he will be on the hot seat next year. 

One of my biggest gripes is how horrible time management is. 

Followed by not taking the 3s. 

Alas it is a new year. 

Excited Ric Flair GIF

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Of course Reich doesn’t need to watch tape.  But he’s not going to publicly trash his own guys, the strength of the team, after a bad week one performance.  

And the people who are complaining about it are the media who most on this website hate, and the fans who insist somebody be publicly blamed.  Those who want a public pound of flesh.   Sorry, Reich has his players back.  

Blaming Reich for not publicly blaming his players is childish fanboy nonsense masquerading as tough guy talk.   Typical.

Yawn.

I don’t agree. The complaints are just frustrated fans who saw their new QB pounded into the turf today because the  highly touted, highly paid  O line played a terrible game. We all saw it. So did Frank. No, he won’t throw his players under the bus, but he can avoid doing that while still acknowledging that there were a multitude of mistakes made today that will have to be fixed. 

That said, I think Frank, his staff and the players are more than capable of righting the ship in short order. Look for a better game plan and much better execution next week. 

5 hours ago, Hoose said:

I don’t agree. The complaints are just frustrated fans who saw their new QB pounded into the turf today because the  highly touted, highly paid  O line played a terrible game. We all saw it. So did Frank. No, he won’t throw his players under the bus, but he can avoid doing that while still acknowledging that there were a multitude of mistakes made today that will have to be fixed. 

That said, I think Frank, his staff and the players are more than capable of righting the ship in short order. Look for a better game plan and much better execution next week. 

I think Frank will say what you want him to say on Monday or Tuesday.  Whichever day he meets with the media.  

I think he’s got a personal rule about not making those comments publicly until he’s seen the tape and spoken directly to his players.   Then he can make those kind of comments to the media and fans.

That’s just his way.   And while some here may not like it, Frank has the support of his players because he supports them.  It goes both ways. 

6 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Any of you want to give me 2 to 1 odds the Colts make the playoffs.   We can bet and give the money to charity 

Colts will make the playoffs, not only that we will win the division top that. Titans aren't as good as advertised. After a loss some people need a straight jacket lmao . We just lost to a Hall of Fame QB that is very smart, by the way Seattle was favored by 3 going into the game so it wasn't even an upset. Rams will be favored next week. 

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Colts will make the playoffs, not only that we will win the division top that. Titans aren't as good as advertised. After a loss some people need a straight jacket lmao . We just lost to a Hall of Fame QB that is very smart, by the way Seattle was favored by 3 going into the game so it wasn't even an upset. Rams will be favored next week. 

Are the Colts 'as good as advertised' ?

16 minutes ago, indykmj said:

Are the Colts 'as good as advertised' ?

Maybe, maybe not but almost everyone in here and the media picked the Titans to win the division is the point. I picked us and I stand by it. Lets talk after around week 10 lmao after we are able to play an easy schedule. We lost to a Hall of Fame QB, they lost to Murray haha , they got blown out in a game they were favored in. 

1. We will win the division

2. We will have a better than the Eagles

3. We will win a playoff game

Screen shot this and save it. I don't go nuts like some people do after 1 loss. Our O.Line will never play that bad again, that was a fluke. Wilson killed our secondary, not surprising there, he has destroyed many teams in his Hall of Fame career. Dude has won a SB.

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yawn.

Frank does not have to trash his guys but he can say they did not play up to standard .  Toney dungy was a nice player coach too but he called out his guys . In 06 after getting trashed two weeks in a row dungy called the defense soft it led to them getting motivated and dominating in the playoffs. Holding guys accountable can be done without yelling .

10 minutes ago, WentzinRome said:

Honestly, I agree with Holder in regards to not taking the points with 10 plus minutes to go and 11 down.  Neither team had scored in the 2nd half, to that point.  I wrote it on the game thread.  Hopefully it will all get straightned out against the Rams.

I don't we needed 7 there. 3 puts us behind by 8 and Russell Wilson was getting at least another FG at some point in time. This is why I am great in playing Chess - I think 3 moves ahead. If you or anyone are going to tell me Russ wasn't going to score another point then stick to Checkers. People complained for years because Dungy didn't go for it 4th down, then Chuck never did, now people complain that Frank does - this place makes me Going Crazy Homer Simpson GIF

On that play, Frank designed a great play, Hines was wide open, all Wentz had to do was flick to him, instead he held on to the ball and took a sack.

Archived