Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Seahawks at Colts Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I thought I heard Taylor was starting but I didn't follow that game at all. Lawrence with the 3 INT's, he might beat Peyton's rookie record haha 

Here where I'm at, the local games were Eagles/ATL and Texans/Jags.

I had 5 screens (3 inside, 2 on the back porch) going.... and the radio streaming.

My Colts stream was so far behind the radio it was frustrating.

Was fun to watch the Eagles and Jags though with half an eye. 

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Here where I'm at, the local games were Eagles/ATL and Texans/Jags.

I had 5 screens (3 inside, 2 on the back porch) going.... and the radio streaming.

My Colts stream was so far behind the radio it was frustrating.

Was fun to watch the Eagles and Jags though with half an eye. 

That is good stuff. Here in Indy I had our game at 1pm, then GB at Saints on Fox and Browns at Chiefs on CBS at 4PM

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is good stuff. Here in Indy I had our game at 1pm, then GB at Saints on Fox and Browns at Chiefs on CBS at 4PM

Wish the Colts were on more here.... I love having 2 screens going with Indy. One OTA and one via my Cable (not to mention DVRing). The OTA always synchs best with the radio stream. Gotta have the radio stream.

Had to stream the ND game yesterday via Peacock, and it was way behind the radio too... ughhh...

Sometimes I feel I need to move back to Indy during FB season. I'm probably going farther south though shortly, at least temporarily. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Wish the Colts were on more here.... I love having 2 screens going with Indy. One OTA and one via my Cable (not to mention DVRing). The OTA always synchs best with the radio stream. Gotta have the radio stream.

Had to stream the ND game yesterday via Peacock, and it was way behind the radio too... ughhh...

Sometimes I feel I need to move back to Indy during FB season. I'm probably going farther south though shortly, at least temporarily. 

ND pulled one out of their rear last night. Toledo is good lmao 

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It will take at least 10 IMO, Titans are good for 10 IMO, It may take 11 to be on the safe side.

i think the titans are overrated horrible defense and without henry rushing for 2000 yards tannehill looks average .  i think both the colts and titans had super easy schedules last year letting both teams get easy wins all year .   this year both teams play ten potential playoff teams and some other tough teams .    

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i think the titans are overrated horrible defense and without henry rushing for 2000 yards tannehill looks average .  i think both the colts and titans had super easy schedules last year letting both teams get easy wins all year .   this year both teams play ten potential playoff teams and some other tough teams .    

Murray to Hopkins though is a bit insane lol..

And it's rare for Henry to AVG under 4.

But hey, Chester Rogers led TN is receiving today lol

Just now, EastStreet said:

Murray to Hopkins though is a bit insane lol..

And it's rare for Henry to AVG under 4.

But hey, Chester Rogers led TN is receiving today lol

i think henry tails off after being used so much  , tannehill when henry fails to hit 100 yards has a bad record .  julio always looks old and slow now pushing 33 .   i don't see the titans beating any nfc west team or the chiefs , bills steelers .  they will have a down year and go back to 9-8 .  i just hope the colts pick up some steam mid season .

4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i think henry tails off after being used so much  , tannehill when henry fails to hit 100 yards has a bad record .  julio always looks old and slow now pushing 33 .   i don't see the titans beating any nfc west team or the chiefs , bills steelers .  they will have a down year and go back to 9-8 .  i just hope the colts pick up some steam mid season .

Not sure Henry has hit a wall yet.

I think it's simpler than that. TN to me seems to always struggle when a team comes out and punches them in the nose. They get out of their game plan a lot. 

Overall, AZ is a very good team, and many picked them to be much improved. They did a great job of getting up early and limiting Henry, which IMO is the perfect answer to TN.

I think TN will pose match up issues for a lot of teams. AZ has a pretty good DL, so helps with Henry (and getting to the QB). LBs are underrated too, and they drafted a nice one.

- Wentz to his credit didn't throw the Oline under the bus. As other posters have said he has to do a better job calling his protections (moving the rb around) and audibling out of a bad play. It seemed he ran whatever frank called. I was impressed with Wentzs toughness. He took a beating out there but some of that was his fault. 

- Frank's play calling is very predictable. Watch the game again. When Colts run, he runs one WR as X to the left and another as a Z to the right. Everyone else is in a bunch Formation blocking. Rbs had no where to go. Wentz needs to audible out of that and throw a screen or a slant.

- Dline was soundly whipped. Carson looked like Barry Sanders.  Losing Autry, Walker and Houston will take time to recover from. Defense was terrible today

- At this point the offense is no threat to throw deep. Longest pass I saw was the 24 yard pass to Campbell. That was it. You can't dink and dunk the whole game. That offense is painful to watch. With 5 minutes left in the game, Colts had 204 yards of passing. That simply is not going to get it done

Good news it's only game 1 but next week isn't any easier

4 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

Wentz was hit almost 20 times and sacked 4. Our WR did virtually nothing today. Taylor and Hines did nothing. What do you expect when your Oline are getting beat by 3-4 man rushes all day and not letting you have time to do anything? Seriously. I don’t get what some of you are thinking or watching. Brady and Rodgers would have had problems with our line today. 

I said he looked "lethargic".. meaning his feet looked slow on his drop backs. Slow to move out of the pocket. Slow on his releases. Did I not recognize the O line looked "overhyped" and was just as bad nor a part of the problem?   

Just now, Wentzszn said:

Reich talked about some scheme changes. We seemed to blitz a lot and got burned. Think that needs to go in the garbage.

Not real sure if the blitzes correlated with the big plays, but I'd love to know.

At least one of the big plays had nothing to do with blitzing. It was going 2 deep (C2) with Willis on Locket. That's just a poor matchup for us. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Not real sure if the blitzes correlated with the big plays, but I'd love to know.

At least one of the big plays had nothing to do with blitzing. It was going 2 deep (C2) with Willis on Locket. That's just a poor matchup for us. 

We sent like 7 on one of those and left Willis all alone. Just set him up for failure. 

Stafgord looks great tonight. We aren’t beating the Rams with this defense.

9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I know the TD pass to Lockett against Willis was on a corner blitz and Wilsons 11 yard run on 3rd and 9 was also a corner blitz.

But Cris Carsons 33 yard run also had Okereke miss the tackle at the line of scrimmage, that play made me miss Walker.

9 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

We sent like 7 on one of those and left Willis all alone. Just set him up for failure. 

Stafgord looks great tonight. We aren’t beating the Rams with this defense.

If we're playing 2 high, and Locket is the vert on Willis's side, it's simply Willis's guy to cover. There is no help. You don't have a FS lurking to help, he's got the other deep half. Doesn't really matter if we're blitzing.

Just now, Zoltan said:

I know the TD pass to Lockett against Willis was on a corner blitz and Wilsons 11 yard run on 3rd and 9 was also a corner blitz.

We can blitz, or not blitz in C2. 

C2 in general is just not good when you have Willis on either of their WRs.

C3 or a variety of other combos would be better. Heck, almost anything is better lol. 

Just now, Zoltan said:

But Cris Carsons 33 yard run also had Okereke miss the tackle at the line of scrimmage, that play made me miss Walker.

Yup, that was bad. 

You can be sure more teams will run on him in the coming weeks, and will continue until he starts locking things down.

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

If we're playing 2 high, and Locket is the vert on Willis's side, it's simply Willis's guy to cover. There is no help. You don't have a FS lurking to help, he's got the other deep half. Doesn't really matter if we're blitzing.

Willis did seem to get exposed in coverage in this game, he had Lockett get two long touchdowns on him, the first on the corner blitz when he was 1 on 1, then after his sack he bit on the route and Lockett ran right past him. 

I just want a fun offense and a defense that plays a entire game.

We have a few cornerstones on defense but we might have to start thinking about redoing this defense if it keeps looking like this.

Usually players aren’t to down after a loss. But something was different with Leonard and Moore in their pressers tonight. They looked totally dejected.

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

Willis did seem to get exposed in coverage in this game, he had Lockett get two long touchdowns on him, the first on the corner blitz when he was 1 on 1, then after his sack he bit on the route and Lockett ran right past him. 

We normally don't play C2 a lot with two deep threat WRs. Willis is normally in the box most of the time.

We basically did exactly what we shouldn't have done, and what we don't traditionally do.

Tip of the cap to Carroll for hitting our weak spot. 

9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yup, that was bad. 

You can be sure more teams will run on him in the coming weeks, and will continue until he starts locking things down.

Okereke seems to be trying to play too fast, like he's running into the hole to meet the RB but many times Carson would make a small cut and he would whiff the tackle

6 hours ago, EastStreet said:

LOL... that's hot take garbage... Wentz played better than most of his team mates today... 

he played a lot better than Smith and Kelly.... 

JT and Hines didn't run well either...

The DL didn' t play well.

The LB and DBs didn't play well..

The coaches didn't coach well... 

So what is the reason for all that.... 

Coaching.

Archived