Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Seahawks at Colts Postgame Thoughts


EastStreet
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Did you watch the game? It's local for me, so I had it on my 2nd screen.

 

Spin it however you want, but with the OL that Wentz had last year, Sirianni called a fantastic mix of plays, and hardly even used Ertz. 

 

I agree though, ATL's DBs are bad. DL can be good with Jarret. LBs are decent.

Yea my roomate is a eagles fan i watch both teams every week its easy to make the plays look better against weaker competition .  atl has terrible coaching and a bad roster the colts would of looked great playing them .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

they played the worst defense in the nfl and a team that will have a top ten draft pick next year .  put the eagles against seattle its a blowout . the over reactions after week one are funny , the texans are now a playoff team .  people are actually saying the eagles and texans will be good this year after one week .

Eagles suck, they played a bad team today and everyone knows it. I would bet anyone in here and anyone in Philly any amount they want too that we have a better record than they do this year. Any takers, I hope so, so I can take your money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

WR has been a problem for years and never gets addressed.  We could have had Metcalf and got Parris who is made of noodles.  I mean, we tried, but we're still lacking any imapact at WR.  Hines is our best WR followed probably by Strahan at this point.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wentz made a good point when asked about the oline. He said some of that comes down on him also for not calling the right protection or getting them out of a bad play.

2 minutes ago, Catloaf said:

WR has been a problem for years and never gets addressed.  We could have had Metcalf and got Parris who is made of noodles.  I mean, we tried, but we're still lacking any imapact at WR.  Hines is our best WR followed probably by Strahan at this point.

Our WR only problem today was play calling and not using them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

training camp matters so does preseason .wentz and the wr did not have the timing down on most plays causing him to hold the ball on some plays . we wont know where this team really stands until the mid way  part of the season .

Then it will probably be too late.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Overall I thought Wentz was good. Everybody else looked really rusty and out of sync. Honestly what can we expect with the lack of preseason snaps, injuries and Covid? The Oline was really out of sync. JT looked rusty also. Defense was horrible in first half, played good in second half.  Good news ? Our first two games are against NFC so we have until week 3 to get a lot of kinks worked on both sides of the ball. The goal is to win the division which we can do even losing our first 2 games at home. Let’s remember this team is going to look a lot different in week 18 than week 1. Let’s focus on getting healthy, get everyone in sync, and opening up the play book more as the season goes on. Winning the division has been the goal and still needs to be remembered. Yes it sucked to lose, but this season, and team are far from done or overrated. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, DougDew said:

They've played everywhere out of necessity, because nobody has been good enough to nail down any consistent spot.  Pitt, Straw, and Pascal are all nice players, but are only real fits for one spot, X.  And the "potential Z", Parris, is a nice Z in theory only, because he hasn't really even been here yet. 

 

A bunch of nice players don't match up well against playoff caliber teams.  Can't blame Frank for that.

 

Frank's main in-game problem is that he relies upon analytics way too much.  Seems to implicitly trust it rather than to rely upon getting a feel for the game.

 

Throw the stats sheet away, and he'll start to see truths.

This isn’t true. One of Reich’s staples is having his WR play anywhere on the field.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Wentz made a good point when asked about the oline. He said some of that comes down on him also for not calling the right protection or getting them out of a bad play.

Our WR only problem today was play calling and not using them.

The receiving corps is not good....below average among NFL teams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

The receiving corps is not good....below average among NFL teams.

They are fine but you actually have to use them.

 

Watching this KC game I am so jealous. I want a deep passing game so bad. Today was so boring.

1 minute ago, CanuckColt said:

W? Not likely.  They are going to get their tails kicked again

Going to be watching the Rams close tonight. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rodgers is down 38-3, he didn't play in the pre-season so look you may have a point Joking Season 2 GIF by The Lonely Island

I offense was hurt so they couldn’t play. But every year this first game has horrendous tackling on defense. There has to be something to getting defense playing time in preseason to get them up to game speed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, DougDew said:

They've played everywhere out of necessity, because nobody has been good enough to nail down any consistent spot.  Pitt, Straw, and Pascal are all nice players, but are only real fits for one spot, X.  And the "potential Z", Parris, is a nice Z in theory only, because he hasn't really even been here yet. 

 

A bunch of nice players don't match up well against playoff caliber teams.  Can't blame Frank for that.

 

Frank's main in-game problem is that he relies upon analytics way too much.  Seems to implicitly trust it rather than to rely upon getting a feel for the game.

 

Throw the stats sheet away, and he'll start to see truths.

I disagree with most of what you say.

If anything, usage has been our problem... 

 

Campbell - played in OSU's system, but was in motion like a Z plenty. Take a look at his highlights from OSU. Ballard and Frank both commented that he would gradually work outside, so it's pretty easy to assume they drafted him to be the heir apparent at Z. He has speed, and knows how to run out of motion, which are the prerequisites for a Z. He's not been our Z simply because we have TY.

 

Pittman - Vaughns played most of slot, but PIttman ran across the middle a decent amount, and was not always the wide WR.

 

And really, in terms of Z in general, just need to have speed and run good routes. Any size will do. Heck, If Patmon or Strachan can run good routes, they could play Z.

 

Pascal is really the only tweener with speed limitations, but he overcomes that limitation running perfect routes and doing all the little things perfectly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Frank said they had to limit the play book because of wentz injury and lack of practice .   When wentz got here he had to learn the regular play book and the colts were gonna change the offense to fit his style of play .  when wentz only has 5 or 6 practices you can't add new plays to the playbook not enough time to get on the same page as the wrs .   The offensive plays will improve as time goes on the colts are at a huge disadvantage right now . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

I offense was hurt so they couldn’t play. But every year this first game has horrendous tackling on defense. There has to be something to getting defense playing time in preseason to get them up to game speed. 

When we had Peyton, we started at least 7-0 on 5 different occasions. It was nice going to mom's for Thanksgiving because the division was already over haha 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

Yea my roomate is a eagles fan i watch both teams every week its easy to make the plays look better against weaker competition .  atl has terrible coaching and a bad roster the colts would of looked great playing them .

Welp, Eagles will be tested next week when they play the 49ers. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, coming on strong said:

Frank said they had to limit the play book because of wentz injury and lack of practice .   When wentz got here he had to learn the regular play book and the colts were gonna change the offense to fit his style of play .  when wentz only has 5 or 6 practices you can't add new plays to the playbook not enough time to get on the same page as the wrs .   The offensive plays will improve as time goes on the colts are at a huge disadvantage right now . 

Makes me wonder would we have been better off with Eason who practiced all camp with everyone giving Wenhz another week of practice? Or was just getting him out there important and take the early lumps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Wentzszn said:

Makes me wonder would we have been better off with Eason who practiced all camp with everyone giving Wenhz another week of practice? Or was just getting him out there important and take the early lumps.

its better to get wentz out there to learn and grow .  wentz struggled a bit with protection calls he will get better so will the line

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah my 2 SB picks both lost, I had GB and Bills but I still think it will be. Week 1 is one game. GB losing 38-3 is a stunner!

I think Rodgers actually got pulled. I looked at the box score and love had a pass.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I disagree with most of what you say.

If anything, usage has been our problem... 

 

Campbell - played in OSU's system, but was in motion like a Z plenty. Take a look at his highlights from OSU. Ballard and Frank both commented that he would gradually work outside, so it's pretty easy to assume they drafted him to be the heir apparent at Z. He has speed, and knows how to run out of motion, which are the prerequisites for a Z. He's not been our Z simply because we have TY.

 

Pittman - Vaughns played most of slot, but PIttman ran across the middle a decent amount, and was not always the wide WR.

 

And really, in terms of Z in general, just need to have speed and run good routes. Any size will do. Heck, If Patmon or Strachan can run good routes, they could play Z.

 

Pascal is really the only tweener with speed limitations, but he overcomes that limitation running perfect routes and doing all the little things perfectly. 

You're too far in the weeds.  Not looking at the big picture.

 

Our safeties got beat by Lockett, and the other receiver is Metcalf. 

 

Wilson, Metcalf, Lockett.  SEA three best players on O.  Look at who those players are and what they do.

 

Our three best players on O are Nelson, Smith, and Taylor...at times Hines.   And you want to complain about coaching and play calling, like it would matter, LOL.

 

Maybe Wentz will get there, and some others.  But not early in the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

You're too far in the weeds.  Not looking at the big picture.

 

Our safeties got beat by Lockett, and the other receiver is Metcalf. 

 

Wilson, Metcalf, Lockett.  SEA three best players on O.

 

Our three best players on O are Nelson, Smith, and Taylor.   And you want to complain about coaching and play calling, like it would matter, LOL.

Campbell has speed but if Reich doesn’t use it it’s useless. Also seemed like they didn’t use Hines in space at all. Everything seemed right and compact. No motion to one side.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DougDew said:

You're too far in the weeds.  Not looking at the big picture.

 

Our safeties got beat by Lockett, and the other receiver is Metcalf. 

 

Wilson, Metcalf, Lockett.  SEA three best players on O.

 

Our three best players on O are Nelson, Smith, and Taylor.   And you want to complain about coaching and play calling, like it would matter, LOL.

 

Dude, we were talking about WRs... I responded to your post about WRs not being good enough to XXX....

 

Don't go back to your bad habits of pivoting to other topics when pressed on a specific post. We were talking about our WRs, not our Ss, or other team's WRs, or the problems you have with the overall roster...

 

You were doing so well... 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If they beat the 49ers I will do this belly flop GIF

Yeah the game is on here, Love is in.

 

 

I said last year that the best thing for Winston was to get away from Risk it Biscuit scheme... And that he'd do well with Payton....

Folks laughed.... Today, 70%, 5 TDs, no INTs.... 

Killing GBs D.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...