Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Seahawks at Colts Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, krunk said:

If they would have left Strahan in the lineup it would have helped to open up Pittman and Campbell. But they chose to baby him

I don't think they baby him. I think they are trying to justify the picks spent on Campbell and Pittman and give them all the chances in the world to show they can or cannot play... which is fair I think... but this means in the meantime Strachan will continue to get limited run, because in reality it's one of Campbell and Pittman that you have to take out in order to let Strachan play more. Pascal is better than both and does deserve his playtime. 

1 minute ago, stitches said:

I don't think they baby him. I think they are trying to justify the picks spent on Campbell and Pittman, because in reality it's one of them that you have to take out in order to let Strachan play more. Pascal is better than both and does deserve his playtime. 

Are we trying to win? I gotcha but why stop a thing that works or provides mismatches?

Hopefully we learn.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Are we trying to win? I gotcha but why stop a thing that works or provides mismatches?

Hopefully we learn.

Both probably, but at the same time there are serious resources spent on those players and I kind of understand them trying to actually see if they can play or not. They need to know... but this won't last long IMO, unless they improve their play. 

Just now, colts89 said:

People love wildin out after week 1. Imagine if Wentz played poorly lmaoo

Sure. Week 1 is huge for just about every fan...

But Wentz played well, and he was the biggest worry of most fans... 

And most everything else was doo doo and same stuff we saw last year.

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

As bad as the game was we had several opportunities to come back. Just didn't close the deal.

Because Reich decided not to kick a field goal and make it a one procession game. The body language of the defense after that was bad.

Just now, krunk said:

Leonard punched the ball out when the RB fumbled and we recovered. Darius caused that fumble

What does the fumble matter if you aren’t tackling and stopping them in the run game. It doesn’t.

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Rock and Carrie looked good. 

It was Moore and the Ss that looked bad. 

Definitely missed Rhodes, but him being gone wasn't really the issue with our DBs.

It seems the start of every season the tackling is just bad. Get these guys some preseason games. Just throwing them out there isn’t working.

9 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Can't throw deep when there is nobody to throw it too.  Switching Parris, Pittman, and Pascal into new positions is gong to take a while....if they can even play there consistently.

Pascal has already played all three positions.

Parris has already played both Z and slot.

Pittman runs out of slot occasionally already.

9 minutes ago, DougDew said:

The offense is built for the middle of the field.

We throw a lot more to the sides, than the seam.

49 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

they played the worst defense in the nfl and a team that will have a top ten draft pick next year .  put the eagles against seattle its a blowout . the over reactions after week one are funny , the texans are now a playoff team .  people are actually saying the eagles and texans will be good this year after one week .

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

they played the worst defense in the nfl and a team that will have a top ten draft pick next year .  put the eagles against seattle its a blowout . the over reactions after week one are funny , the texans are now a playoff team .  people are actually saying the eagles and texans will be good this year after one week .

Did you watch the game? It's local for me, so I had it on my 2nd screen.

Spin it however you want, but with the OL that Wentz had last year, Sirianni called a fantastic mix of plays, and hardly even used Ertz. 

I agree though, ATL's DBs are bad. DL can be good with Jarret. LBs are decent.

18 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Pascal has already played all three positions.

Parris has already played both Z and slot.

Pittman runs out of slot occasionally already.

We throw a lot more to the sides, than the seam.

They've played everywhere out of necessity, because nobody has been good enough to nail down any consistent spot.  Pitt, Straw, and Pascal are all nice players, but are only real fits for one spot, X.  And the "potential Z", Parris, is a nice Z in theory only, because he hasn't really even been here yet. 

A bunch of nice players don't match up well against playoff caliber teams.  Can't blame Frank for that.

Frank's main in-game problem is that he relies upon analytics way too much.  Seems to implicitly trust it rather than to rely upon getting a feel for the game.

Throw the stats sheet away, and he'll start to see truths.

Archived