Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Saints Penalties Upheld

MTC

And after multiple statements of 'I accept full responsibility'.

The best part was all the contradictory statements.

Williams: "I accept full responsibility for the bounty"

Sharper: "There was no bounty"

Payton/Loomis: "I wasn't aware of a bounty"..."we told Williams to make sure no one got hurt", inadvertently telling everyone we knew there was a bounty

Just ridiculous

I've hated them quite a bit for a while, even before Bountygate. I don't even think Brees has the class they all like to make him out to have. Just a bunch of running up the score so he can have a yardage record.

LOL at their 'us against the world' attitude. Playing the victim card when they know full well what they did. Zero respect for that entire organization.

gonna go sneak a peak at their forum and laugh at how many "us against the world" related comments I see..

They are sick in the head over there, representing the worst in sports fans. What I found odd after surfing through the many threads related to the scandal.....no comments, ZERO, in support of the rulings nor any comments made telling the Saints fans to accept what their teams coaches did was wrong.

I believe there is some extraordinary censorship and bias occurring over there. I hope poetic justice strikes and their players get hurt on the way to a losing mark. I've never said anything like this before, but I feel quite reassured in saying so.....I hope Jared Allen breaks Brees in half....ya know..."Hit him in the :censored: ing head....kill the head".

Actually I dont because if I hate them for running it then I run the risk of hating other teams that might have also ran it as well as hating the sport itself for being so violent. Careful, their fans probably never expected something like that to happen and Im sure some are in shock , never know who else if any may have ran something like that in the past we may not like the results, we may find out the colts organization are no darlings either, all I am saying is they are grown men competing in a violent sport I dont condone what they did, it was stupid and they deserve what they are getting obviously it was wrong what they did, Im sure before these new rules were put into place it was common place for teams to do what they did, they got what they had coming they will suffer this season but I have moved on. Again what they did was terrible, But in truth most people have done something that hurts another person for personal gain, they happen to get caught, as for censorship well we are censored on the boards over here as well also. all teams have fans that are biased thats why they are fans, yes some of their fans are crazy and dillusional when it comes to loving their team and ticked the whole thing happened but we also have crazy fans over here also dillusional to (10-6 this year really??)

No kidding. You tell your players to hurt others, then have the audacity to say you shouldn't be punished?

Yeah have you heard the incredibly vulgar meeting he had with the defense before the SF game? It was Jan 12th of this year and he talks about players having concussions, aiming for the head, going after ankles and much more. He also heavily talks negatively about certain SF players. A bad mouth is common in the NFL, but he takes it to a whole new level. Definitely a dirty guy.

There is nothing wrong with some tough, bad mouthing, gritty speech but this guy absolutely makes Rex Ryan even look like a Saint if you hear his meetings.

He reminds me of one of those terribly abusive high school coaches out in the sticks that takes his job way to seriously. Eventually, he ends up getting fired when he gets caught beating the kids for messing up.

They are sick in the head over there, representing the worst in sports fans. What I found odd after surfing through the many threads related to the scandal.....no comments, ZERO, in support of the rulings nor any comments made telling the Saints fans to accept what their teams coaches did was wrong.

I believe there is some extraordinary censorship and bias occurring over there. I hope poetic justice strikes and their players get hurt on the way to a losing mark. I've never said anything like this before, but I feel quite reassured in saying so.....I hope Jared Allen breaks Brees in half....ya know..."Hit him in the :censored: ing head....kill the head".

Now now, ruksak.... let's not take it out on Drew "Golden Boy needs an explanation" Brees..... remember, he didn't didn't know anything about this bounty stuff.

(mega-hyper sarcasm device off)

Yeah have you heard the incredibly vulgar meeting he had with the defense before the SF game? It was Jan 12th of this year and he talks about players having concussions, aiming for the head, going after ankles and much more. He also heavily talks negatively about certain SF players. A bad mouth is common in the NFL, but he takes it to a whole new level. Definitely a dirty guy.

There is nothing wrong with some tough, bad mouthing, gritty speech but this guy absolutely makes Rex Ryan even look like a Saint if you hear his meetings.

He reminds me of one of those terribly abusive high school coaches out in the sticks that takes his job way to seriously. Eventually, he ends up getting fired when he gets caught beating the kids for messing up.

That was ridiculous. Go for the head, go for the ACL, that's insane. That's like....sociopathic or something. To intentionally go out and hurt someone knowing the right hit to the head or knee can end a career, that's nuts.

They should accept it and be quiet.

these are light penalties.....

I saw a lifetime ban coming

You can say that again. I saw Darren Sharper on NFL Network...Actually, he was on the phone talking to Rich Eisen awhile back trying to rationalize foolish bounty behavior. Talk about an exercise in futility. Stop trying to claim that the world is out to get you Saints players & Saints Nation; you look childish & ridiculous okay. Take your minor punishment like men, assume full responsibility for it, & move forward. I would more respect for your organization if you said we bleeped up, we defied the rules, & we must now pay the piper. Grow up already please Thank you.

I agree with you. I take issue with many of the saints fans down here. I have one that I respect because he has been a Saints fan since they were the Saints. The rest were cowboy "fans" before the saints started making the playoffs. Football can really bring out the worst in people

I am not surprised by how the fans reacted. I guarantee you that our fanbase would not be this classy group that just accepted the penalty like good little fans and said thanks Roger can we please have some more? They basically just had their season ended before it even started. As a fan to know your season was ended by the punishments Roger handed down you are going to be upset and think it was to harsh. They will ignore that ultimately the blame belongs on the people who did it, but most fans are just flat irrational when it comes to sports.

I know what they are going through because I am a Pacers fan. I know exactly how they feel when you watch a championship team get flushed down the toilet. The city and the fanbase circled the team and supported them even more after the brawl in the Palace. Should the fanbase of the Pacers just dumped the ones that were not suspended and turned their back on the team because of the actions of a few other players? Even to this day I feel that the fanbase of the Pistons and the Pistons team got off way to easy given their part in the whole thing.

I am sure the vast majority of the fanbase for the Saints are getting around the players that are there and the coaches that are there and supporting them. Most of us would not jump ship if we were put in the same situation.