Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Give me 5 unlikely or unpopular predictions (see OP)

EastStreet

So looking for 1 prediction in each of the following categories that you think might happen, that goes against the grain, or popular sentiment, or stats, or logic..... 

Basically your gut feel that might go against what most predict. Can be player or unit specific.

1. Game 1 vs Seattle - what will happen that most of us won't expect
  2. The Colts Season on offense - what will happen that most of us won't expect
  3. The Colts Season on defense - what will happen that most of us won't expect
  4. Who wins the SB (can not pick KC, TB, GB, Balt, Buf, or LAR..... or Colts....)
  5. What team comes out of no where and shows most improvement from last year?

Game 1 vs Seattle - what will happen that most of us won't expect

---- Wentz throws for near 400 yards

The Colts Season on offense - what will happen that most of us won't expect

----- our running game is bottom half of the league in YPA for the first half of the season

The Colts Season on defense - what will happen that most of us won't expect

----- we are bottom half of the league in passing yards allowed all season

Who wins the SB (can not pick KC, TB, GB, Balt, Buf, or LAR..... or Colts....)

-----Titans

What team comes out of no where and shows most improvement from last year?

------Broncos (sorry Jax)

28 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

So looking for 1 prediction in each of the following categories that you think might happen, that goes against the grain, or popular sentiment, or stats, or logic..... 

Basically your gut feel that might go against what most predict. Can be player or unit specific.

4. Who wins the SB (can not pick KC, TB, GB, Balt, Buf, or LAR..... or Colts....)

1; Game 1 vs Seattle: our offensive line will struggle more than expected but the Colts will squeak out a win

2: The Colts season on offense:  3 different Quarterbacks will start for the Colts this year

3: The Colts season on defense: The secondary will become our strongest unit this year

4: Who wins SB:  Patriots.  Mac Jones is the real deal.  He played so well in the preseason that they heaved Cam over the side, that should make it clear that they're really confident in Jones.  He plays a style of game that team knows how to make good use of, and Bill has spent a mint on shoring up the weaknesses of the 2020 team.  That organization is too well run to stay down for long, even without Brady.  I think the Patriots are back in the hunt this year and with a decent shot to go all the way.

5: Most improved: The Bears.  If they don't screw up Fields I think they could make some noise this year.  They've still got a good front 7, if their offense can finally gel, they could have something.

26 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

1; Game 1 vs Seattle: our offensive line will struggle more than expected but the Colts will squeak out a win

I think many would agree here

2: The Colts season on offense:  3 different Quarterbacks will start for the Colts this year

This would really be a stinker lol. Hope not

3: The Colts season on defense: The secondary will become our strongest unit this year

Really really hope you are right. Not necessarily the strongest unit on D, but at least good. 

4: Who wins SB:  Patriots.  Mac Jones is the real deal.  He played so well in the preseason that they heaved Cam over the side, that should make it clear that they're really confident in Jones.  He plays a style of game that team knows how to make good use of, and Bill has spent a mint on shoring up the weaknesses of the 2020 team.  That organization is too well run to stay down for long, even without Brady.  I think the Patriots are back in the hunt this year and with a decent shot to go all the way.

I could see this. BB can do a lot with Jones IMO. I said before the draft, the Pats were the best place for him.

5: Most improved: The Bears.  If they don't screw up Fields I think they could make some noise this year.  They've still got a good front 7, if their offense can finally gel, they could have something.

I have zero confidence in the franchise to support a young QB.

But I would not be surprised if he did really well, and the team did much better.

I picked the Broncos because I think they roll conservative with Teddy, and get back to being good running and playing D.

1 minute ago, Imgrandojji said:

Oh I agree with you about The Bears, but I think Fields is just that good.  he's gonna be the guy who saves the terrible coach in spite of himself, like Manning did for us a couple times IIRC.

I like Fields, just not sure he's good enough to overcome da-Bears lol.

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

1. We will pass for 400 yds and get 4 passing TDs.  One to Strachan.

2.  We’ll be the 3rd high flying offense up there with KC and Buffalo.

3.  Our D becomes one the stingiest defenses, top 5 in all defensive categories.

4.  Jags win the SB.

5.  Jags show the most improvement.

12 minutes ago, craigerb said:

What's the point of this topic? To make predictions that won't be known for 18+ weeks, by which time this topic will be long forgotten? Why are some teams arbitrarily excluded from winning SB? It makes no sense. IMHO 

Because some people fn live on this board and have nothing better to do lol

Here are my bold predictions that will likely look be cold by midseason:

• Colts lose by 10+ points. I might be the only one, but I think SEA could be a juggernaut this year. The Colts are facing a lot of questions heading into this game. After a solid first drive, I think this game could get away from the Colts by halftime or early 3Q.

• This is a tough one because I am not sure what most people expect...it's pretty much all over the board. So my bold prediction is that, by the end of this season, it will be clear Wentz is NOT the answer at QB (for many reasons).

• I think many people see the secondary as a potential concern, so that's a bit obvious. And there are a lot of unknowns about the pass rush. So my prediction will be especially bold.  I think the LB group is not going to be the strength we all think it is. 

• In the NFC, I think SEA has a legit shot. It's like everybody only remembers the first half of last year and glosses over that they had the best scoring defense in the NFL over the second half. That coincided with regression on offense, which is what became the talking point. If they figure out how to get both working at the same time, I could see them being a dominant team.
  • My AFC darkhorse would be CLE. They have all of the components to make a deep run, assuming health.

What team comes out of no where and shows most improvement from last year?

here's the standing from last year

• In the NFC, SF is too obvious...so I don't think they would be coming out of nowhere. For me, that team would actually be CAR. The offense is loaded and they have added a lot of talent to their defense in recent drafts. 
  • In the AFC, it's the NYJ. I think Wilson is the real deal and that team is going to be an upstart offense that will surprise some people.

13 hours ago, EastStreet said:

1. Fisher and Nelson both start and finish the game.

2. We will forget about Hilton and this will be his last season as a Colt.

3. RYS shuts everyone up and has a probowl year.

4. CLE

5. WFT

Game 1 vs Seattle - what will happen that most of us won't expect?   Eason has to come in after the half.

The Colts Season on offense - what will happen that most of us won't expect - Passing game sets the tone.

The Colts Season on defense - what will happen most of us won't expect - Secondary gels quickly and enables Colts to start 5-0

Who wins the SB (can not pick KC, TB, GB, Balt, Buf, or LAR..... or Colts....)  Well - with that restriction...no one.  The game is cancelled due to national unrest.

What team comes out of no where and shows most improvement from last year?  Jets

here's the standing from last year

https://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/season/2020/group/league/view/expanded

A runaway victory by the Colts - at least a 14 pt. win.

Marlon Mack roars back, earning nearly as many carries as Taylor.

Rock Ya-Sin settles in as a starter and doesn’t stink.

Dallas.  They played toe-to-toe with TB last night.  Would have liked to see the end if they called TB for the obvious push off right in front of the ref on the last drive…

1. What team comes out of no where and shows most improvement from last year?

Jets.  Not a great roster, but I really believe in Zach Wilson…

11 hours ago, craigerb said:

What's the point of this topic? To make predictions that won't be known for 18+ weeks, by which time this topic will be long forgotten? Why are some teams arbitrarily excluded from winning SB? It makes no sense. IMHO 

I made this thread solely for the purpose of watching you click and complain.

Worked like a charm!

:thmup:

1.  Game 1 Seattle

Marlon Mack touches the ball more than people expect.   And continues to do so while healthy.

2.  Colts O-

Scores less points than in 2020

3.  Colts D-

They start to blitz more, get toasted, and go back to more conservative approach.  They don't have the coverage for it.

4.  SB not one of the teams that will actually win it?

Dallas.  Wouldn't have said it until watching Dak last night.  In a word:  Man that guy is friggin good. 

5.  Unexpected improvement

Lions

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I made this thread solely for the purpose of watching you click and complain.

Worked like a charm!

:thmup:

Good Heavens it's so easy to cure your internet exasperation.  Don't friggin click on it. 

32 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Good Heavens it's so easy to cure your internet exasperation.  Don't friggin click on it. 

Yup. My favorite is when a thread about PFF is posted, and folks just click to post "PFF sucks"... yet have zero clue on the PFF grading process. 

JUST DON'T CLICK 

LOL

Game 1 vs Seattle - what will happen that most of us won't expect. Wilson throws two ints

The Colts Season on offense - what will happen that most of us won't expect sadly Wentz will not throw more than 3500 yards.

The Colts Season on defense - what will happen that most of us won't expect  our running backs will go over 2000 yards. 

Pittsburgh (yuck)

What team comes out of no where and showsmost improvement from last year?

San Francisco 

14 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

1. We will pass for 400 yds and get 4 passing TDs.  One to Strachan.

2.  We’ll be the 3rd high flying offense up there with KC and Buffalo.

3.  Our D becomes one the stingiest defenses, top 5 in all defensive categories.

4.  Jags win the SB.

5.  Jags show the most improvement.

Sorry I don't see the Jags getting there, at least not this year.  Lawrence is good but that organization is dysfunctional and their offensive line is poor to say it mildly.  He's gonna be Lucked/Burrowsed pretty badly and it's hard to be effective with that going on.

16 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Pittsburgh (yuck)

with what quarterback?

8 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Sorry I don't see the Jags getting there, at least not this year.  Lawrence is good but that organization is dysfunctional and their offensive line is poor to say it mildly.  He's gonna be Lucked/Burrowsed pretty badly and it's hard to be effective with that going on.

with what quarterback?

It’s hard to pick a team when you knock out all the other ones. Pittsburgh just seems to find a way to win every year.It’s hard to pick a team when you knock out all the other ones. Pittsburgh just seems to find a way to win every year.

Here's another bold prediction:

The Colts and Patriots will make another big trade, this time for veteran pro-bowl CB JC Jackson in exchange for 2 future second round picks.  If the Patriots do look like they're falling short Jackson is in a good position to be traded at the deadline this year, since he's a player who's worth a good return for them.  Meanwhile Bill can do a lot of damage in the second round and from his perspective, years of solid play plus 2 second rounders for an undrafted guy is an absolute legendary win

If we're in the hunt, cornerback is one of the obvious areas that needs help.  Jackson is a great cornerback overshadowed by Gilmore on that team but he could be THE guy in Indy.   I think a trade for Jackson could be a win-win for both teams right now.

3 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

It’s hard to pick a team when you knock out all the other ones. Pittsburgh just seems to find a way to win every year.It’s hard to pick a team when you knock out all the other ones. Pittsburgh just seems to find a way to win every year.

I agree they're a good organization but Ben is just too old.  I think last year was their last shot until they find a new QB.  He could prove me wrong but that's just how I see it.  It's not like Brady who seems to be immortal, Roethlisberger's skills are visibly declining.

50 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

with what quarterback?

Exactly.  That’s the point right? Most ppl wouldn’t think the Jags will make it :)

54 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Here's another bold prediction:

The Colts and Patriots will make another big trade, this time for veteran pro-bowl CB JC Jackson in exchange for 2 future second round picks.  If the Patriots do look like they're falling short Jackson is in a good position to be traded at the deadline this year, since he's a player who's worth a good return for them.  Meanwhile Bill can do a lot of damage in the second round and from his perspective, years of solid play plus 2 second rounders for an undrafted guy is an absolute legendary win

If we're in the hunt, cornerback is one of the obvious areas that needs help.  Jackson is a great cornerback overshadowed by Gilmore on that team but he could be THE guy in Indy.   I think a trade for Jackson could be a win-win for both teams right now.

That IS bold, IMO. I can’t see Ballard giving up picks for a CB.

1 hour ago, compuls1v3 said:

That IS bold, IMO. I can’t see Ballard giving up picks for a CB.

Not even a #1 CB in his prime when it's a position of major need for a team trying to make a run?

I recall saying this a few times before, there's time to keep your powder dry and there's times to take those carefully hoarded resources and try to win with them.  If Ballard is a hoarder who doesn't know how to flip the switch when the time comes we're in a certain amount of trouble.

Archived