Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

GOTR - 2021 Season Prediction: General (record, AFCS, playoffs)

EastStreet

2021 Season Prediction: General (record, AFCS, playoffs)  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Colts Regular Season Win Total (try to be serious, not a homer)

2. 2. Where will the Colts rank in the AFC South at the end of the season?

• 1st, winning the AFC South!
    • 2nd (This is what Vegas and most media say, with TN having a slight advantage)
    • 3rd
    • 4th
  3. 3. What will the Colts playoff situation look like?

• Not make the playoffs
    • Make the playoffs as wild card
    • Make the playoffs as AFC South champs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/12/2021 at 04:00 PM

• EastStreet changed the title to GOTR - 2021 Season Prediction: General (record, AFCS, playoffs)

As a colts fan i wanna say we will be a super bowl team , but being objective we might start out 1-4 .   carson has had like 3 or 4 practices in his first year with the team .  He and nelson might be in some pain the first couple weeks ,also  ty and fisher being out for first couple weeks will hurt .   we have un proven nfl guys at DE and Wr even though they showed flashes and look good .  I do think by the half way part of the season this team will start to click like in 2018 and we will see the colts true potential .If all goes right and wentz is back to being top ten and our youngs guys take the next step , next year we will be a true super bowl team.

28 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

As a colts fan i wanna say we will be a super bowl team , but being objective we might start out 1-4 .   carson has had like 3 or 4 practices in his first year with the team .  He and nelson might be in some pain the first couple weeks ,also  ty and fisher being out for first couple weeks will hurt .   we have un proven nfl guys at DE and Wr even though they showed flashes and look good .  I do think by the half way part of the season this team will start to click like in 2018 and we will see the colts true potential .If all goes right and wentz is back to being top ten and our youngs guys take the next step , next year we will be a true super bowl team.

The first 5 games were always going to be rough/tough even with healthy guys. Honestly though, I'm most worried about our DBs in general the first 5 games, and our OL in game 2. We play some great run defenses as well to start the year.

Good news is, after the first 5, pretty easy schedule except for a few games here and there. Just need to get healthy and gel by game 6 and make a run.

I've always thought it would be interesting to recap predictions later down the line, but it can easily spill out into personal shots etc. Reading back through draft topics is pretty fun at times. 2018 I for one was annoyed we didn't trade down out of #6, especially after picking a G, and wanted Edmunds further down. 

Shows how much I know.

Just now, SteelCityColt said:

I've always thought it would be interesting to recap predictions later down the line, but it can easily spill out into personal shots etc. Reading back through draft topics is pretty fun at times. 2018 I for one was annoyed we didn't trade down out of #6, especially after picking a G, and wanted Edmunds further down. 

Shows how much I know.

We all get it wrong some times.

I'm actually hope I'm wrong about a few things lol... 

I see this season exactly the same as last year; feast on easy teams, lose to harder opposition, with one surprising win and one surprising loss to mix it up (for the record, I think that will be vs Tampa Bay and at Houston, respectively). I do think we squeak past the Bills in Buffalo this year as the 6 seed, then take down the Titans in Nashville by 10, before crashing to earth with a close loss to the Chiefs in OT of the AFC championship game. After all, it wouldn’t be a Colts season without staggering highs and miserable lows.

I also predict at least two forum-wide meltdowns after every loss, as well as two “Super Bowl Bound” threads after each win, as per the usual around here.

3 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

Shows how much I know.

To be fair, if it was anyone other than Q I would agree with that....but the best OL in the league is worth even more than a #6 in my book.

10-7, Wildcard team

Basically all of this prognostication is based on a few variables that we haven't really seen yet. So it's even more of a wild guess than the usual wild guess's.  I'm pretty sure the Colts are deeper in spots that many teams in the NFL are deficient at and that's going to be a variable in games against teams like Seattle. They've got some top shelf guys, but in the 4th quarter when Q is looking to slap some DL opponent again and again.. that's a way to win too.. If the back half of the roster participates in bullying guys in the trenches- that's going to be a variable that's not "how good is the QB to WR 1", which is how this stuff usually get's analyzed.

Archived