Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Fantasy Football

CR91

2 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Yep. I regretted drafting him all season until I traded him after the injury. I shopped him a few times but no one would bite until the injury. I’m not sorry he’s gone at all. Not even in the slightest. 

I have depth at RB with Mattison, Montgomery, and Patterson, but I don't know if I should bench him.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, CR91 said:

I have depth at RB with Mattison, Montgomery, and Patterson, but I don't know if I should bench him.

I’d definitely start Patterson if you play full PPR. He’s almost a top 30 player in full PPR format. He definitely gets a nod over Jones, and even a bunch of WRs if you can play him at either position. Start him wherever you can. 

Cook is questionable, so Mattison may wind up being a fade and a one week option unfortunately. (I used second waiver priority on him last week. :grumpy2:) Should know more by game time, but if Cook starts Mattison is a definitely a fade. 

Montgomery is a push to me. He’s the same kind of random number generation as Jones. The Packers don’t typically allow a lot of points to RBs, though, so he’s got a tough matchup right out of the gate this week. He also missed practice with 3 injuries yesterday, and it’s still not real clear how much of a chance there is he’ll play this week. 

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

I’d definitely start Patterson if you play full PPR. He’s almost a top 30 player in full PPR format. He definitely gets a nod over Jones, and even a bunch of WRs if you can play him at either position. Start him wherever you can. 

Cook is questionable, so Mattison may wind up being a fade and a one week option unfortunately. (I used second waiver priority on him last week. :grumpy2:) Should know more by game time, but if Cook starts Mattison is a definitely a fade. 

Montgomery is a push to me. He’s the same kind of random number generation as Jones. The Packers don’t typically allow a lot of points to RBs, though, so he’s got a tough matchup right out of the gate this week. He also missed practice with 3 injuries yesterday, and it’s still not real clear how much of a chance there is he’ll play this week. 

Right now I have Jones, Patterson, and Hubbard starting. Mattison I'll keep for now encase Cool gets injured again. Montgomery on honestly feel like last week was fools good. He was terrible vs the lions on Thanksgiving.

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Right now I have Jones, Patterson, and Hubbard starting. Mattison I'll keep for now encase Cool gets injured again. Montgomery on honestly feel like last week was fools good. He was terrible vs the lions on Thanksgiving.

Reports on Cook are wild. I’ve seen reports that he’s playing, and now reports that he’s truly a GTD. If he’s inactive start Mattison no doubt. If he’s active, I dunno. I NEED the win this week so if Cook is active I gotta bail on Mattison. I’ll stash him on the bench, but definitely not going to get the run out of him I was hoping for if that’s the case. 

Montgomery is just a random number every week. That Bears offense is a roll of the fantasy dice. He may put up 30. He may put up 3. You just never know what you’ll get and why. 

Montgomery doesn’t have the upside that Jones does, but he has the usage that Jones does not. Jones hasn’t played 75% of the offensive snaps in any of his starts this season. He’s averaging about 65% of the offensive snaps, and he’s only topped 70% twice in 11 starts. Montgomery on the other hand is averaging 77% of the offensive snaps for the Bears. He’s only played less than 80% in 3 of his 8 starts so far.

It’s definitely a choice with plenty of ins and outs to sort through. 

I also look at it and remember Rodgers “I own you” bit against the Bears from last time they played, and this may be the last time he gets to play them at Lambeau, so that in itself makes me a little more skittish of Jones than I already am. DeVante Adam’s is probably in for a big week, and wouldn’t you know who won the pony and gets to play him this week in my league? :grumpy2:

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

Reports on Cook are wild. I’ve seen reports that he’s playing, and now reports that he’s truly a GTD. If he’s inactive start Mattison no doubt. If he’s active, I dunno. I NEED the win this week so if Cook is active I gotta bail on Mattison. I’ll stash him on the bench, but definitely not going to get the run out of him I was hoping for if that’s the case. 

Montgomery is just a random number every week. That Bears offense is a roll of the fantasy dice. He may put up 30. He may put up 3. You just never know what you’ll get and why. 

Montgomery doesn’t have the upside that Jones does, but he has the usage that Jones does not. Jones hasn’t played 75% of the offensive snaps in any of his starts this season. He’s averaging about 65% of the offensive snaps, and he’s only topped 70% twice in 11 starts. Montgomery on the other hand is averaging 77% of the offensive snaps for the Bears. He’s only played less than 80% in 3 of his 8 starts so far.

It’s definitely a choice with plenty of ins and outs to sort through. 

I also look at it and remember Rodgers “I own you” bit against the Bears from last time they played, and this may be the last time he gets to play them at Lambeau, so that in itself makes me a little more skittish of Jones than I already am. DeVante Adam’s is probably in for a big week, and wouldn’t you know who won the pony and gets to play him this week in my league? :grumpy2:

Yes if Cook is inactive, no doubt Mattison. Exactly why I don't trust Montgomery, but the difference between Jones and Montgomery is I know Montgomery will get 20 touches and goal line carries. Jones I'll be lucky to get 10 carries by halftime. Yikes, good luck man

I should have had Dalvin Cook in my Thursday game lineup, but I didn't know if he would play. He was a game time decision, and I didn't have time to add him at the last minute. He didn't seem "banged up" to me. 

I got second place in a five player league, so that wasn't too bad. Najee Harris and Justin Jefferson got me a lot of points. Fortunately, no one had added Dalvin Cook in their lineups, so that also helped. That's the problem with "game time decisions"; it can work against you in the end. 

Tournament PPR: I have a limited amount of money to spend, and my two choices for WR are Amari Cooper against Washington or Mike Williams against the Giants. 

Mike Williams has been on Covid protocol because of a close contact, but he's been testing negative and is on track to play Sunday.

Amari Cooper is ready to play, but Dallas might divide snaps among Gallup, Lamb and possibly Schultz. Not sure how Dallas will use the running game, and how much Cooper would be involved.  Thoughts? 

1 hour ago, teganslaw said:

Tournament PPR: I have a limited amount of money to spend, and my two choices for WR are Amari Cooper against Washington or Mike Williams against the Giants. 

Mike Williams has been on Covid protocol because of a close contact, but he's been testing negative and is on track to play Sunday.

Amari Cooper is ready to play, but Dallas might divide snaps among Gallup, Lamb and possibly Schultz. Not sure how Dallas will use the running game, and how much Cooper would be involved.  Thoughts? 

Mike Williams. WFT death marches every game. Ruins Time of possession. Also Allen is out.

I swear the Packers are trying to infuriate fantasy owners. How does Aaron Jones get 8 touches in total and one carry in the fourth quarter.

8 hours ago, runthepost said:

Sadly lol

Sorry about that, but Mike Williams wasn't any better

8 hours ago, CR91 said:

I swear the Packers are trying to infuriate fantasy owners. How does Aaron Jones get 8 touches in total and one carry in the fourth quarter.

Sorry about that, but Mike Williams wasn't any better

Yeah but hey at least I had Mike Evans, Mark Andrews and the Chiefs defense 

5 hours ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Can I just drop Ridley? I have Godwin, Lamb and Waddle. Also Aiyuk as depth. 

I mean if you can stash him on IR and keep him there I guess that’s ok as long as you don’t need the room. 

But the reality is even if he shows up to practice today, he’s not playing this weekend. Not having practiced and been in an in-house conditioning program for the last two months is going to limit him *if* he does return. 

And that’s a very big *if* because there’s absolutely no movement on the front of him ever returning, let alone over these last 3 weeks of the fantasy season. 

I had Kyler Murray. He got better as the game want on, but didn't play well overall. That includes the whole team. 

What is wrong with Ja'marr Chase? I had him in my lineup, and he wasn't involved in the game. 

Chrisaaron, that was bad luck. Evans got hurt and Chubb won't play until today. Brady and Gronk have a certain connection, so if Brady doesn't do well, neither does Gronk. 

3 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Who else went one and done because of Brady?!

Brady

Conner

Chubb

Evans

Adams

Gronk

Folk

Bills D

highest scoring team in the league just fell absolutely flat the wrong week..

I have Brady & Gronk in one league, where I'm also the leading scorer, by far.

I was lucky to also be in first place, so had a bye this week, but as teganslaw mentioned, as Brady goes, so does Gronk, so I'm vulnerable and looking at alternatives.

Actually, if I'd played this week I'd have the second highest total in the league. Still.... I lost 4 games this year in that league.

I can't complain.

1 hour ago, teganslaw said:

Chrisaaron, that was bad luck. Evans got hurt and Chubb won't play until today. Brady and Gronk have a certain connection, so if Brady doesn't do well, neither does Gronk. 

They had been soo hot throughout the year. at least on TD to gronk and I would've been okay i think.. now down 50 with chubb and jacobs.. I'm cooked

poop diarrhea GIF

On 12/20/2021 at 6:41 PM, buccolts said:

Good luck! 

Yeah, if I had played Goedert instead of Osborn, I would still be alive. Mad at Sirianni and Jalen Hurts because Goedert had a bagel vs the Giants where the Eagles lost and Sirianni and Hurts did not look Goedert's way. Then Minshew came along and Goedert had production. Then it went back to Jalen Hurts, the uncertainty of Hurts and his passing basically hurt me in at least 2 games including the fantasy playoffs. :( 

Archived