Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Fantasy Football

CR91

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After last week, I wasn't sure who to start in a fantasy lineup. Finally went with Brady, since he has a  good matchup and is coming off a bye. I also am going with Jonathan Taylor and James Connor as RBs. I don't expect Connor to be like last week, but he has impressed lately and I hope he continues to be involved. 

I'm done with the Eagles. I have no idea who I would start since they are so inconsistent. The only one I might trust with that team is TE Dallas Goedart. 

15 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Been stashing Van Jefferson for a couple weeks. If Kupp or Woods were to get hurt he might turn into a league winner. Yesterday got me like

Mark Cuban No GIF

I hope Beckham wrecks that team. 

Yeah, I took the chance and picked up Golladay and dropped Jefferson this morning because of OBJ. I felt my odds for production were better down the stretch. It is always a chance you take in FF anyways.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, I took the chance and picked up Golladay and dropped Jefferson this morning because of OBJ. I felt my odds for production were better down the stretch. It is always a chance you take in FF anyways.

Yep. I just don’t get it. I’d rather throw to Jefferson than Beckham at this point, and that’s just strictly based on what goes in on the field. He’s not the same player that became a star all those years ago. He hasn’t been for some time. Since the boat trip, really. 

The Rams needed him like they need to build a new stadium in LA. It’s a hat on a hat. But whatever. He’s their problem now. 

5 hours ago, teganslaw said:

Since Robert Woods is done for the year, is anyone picking up OBJ? I only do daily fantasy where I don't trade players, but I wondered if OBJ will become more popular now. 

I mean he may be worth a stash if you have the space. But coming in this late he’s probably going to take a couple weeks to get up to speed. At least. I’d take a DFS chance on Jefferson before Odell right now.

I picked Jefferson back up. They brought Beckham in to be the 3. Jefferson knows the playbook better, and Beckham can still be the 3.  

Tournament PPR: late to be asking, but I have Najee Harris in one of my lineups. Big Ben is out on Covid protocol, so Mason Rudolph will start. Wondering if I need to replace Harris because of the change at QB. If necessary, I might go with Cordarrelle Patterson. Najee is doing so well, that maybe it won't matter, after all. 

2 hours ago, teganslaw said:

Tournament PPR: late to be asking, but I have Najee Harris in one of my lineups. Big Ben is out on Covid protocol, so Mason Rudolph will start. Wondering if I need to replace Harris because of the change at QB. If necessary, I might go with Cordarrelle Patterson. Najee is doing so well, that maybe it won't matter, after all. 

Probably roll with Harris. The Steelers should be relying on him a little more today, and I don’t think the Lions can stop him even knowing that. 

But I’m playing him in my main league so I hope the Lions bottle him up and hold him to -34 yards. :dunno:

I went with Najee Harris, and he got 100 yards, so that worked out. A few other players not doing so well. James Connor only has 4 yards, so far. Brady didn't have his best game, either.  

I have Panther's defense on one of my lineups, and they are rocking it. 

I haven't set my fantasy lineup yet, but am thinking about it.  Is Cam Newton worth starting in tournament PPR? He faces Washington and MCM has returned, which should help. With all the upsets lately, I'm finding it difficult to set up a team. Good players haven't done well, and others not so well known have unexpectedly scored points. 

On 11/17/2021 at 12:50 PM, teganslaw said:

I haven't set my fantasy lineup yet, but am thinking about it.  Is Cam Newton worth starting in tournament PPR? He faces Washington and MCM has returned, which should help. With all the upsets lately, I'm finding it difficult to set up a team. Good players haven't done well, and others not so well known have unexpectedly scored points. 

Do note that it is Ron Rivera, his former coach that knows his tendencies, that will be prepping his D to go against the Panthers players he knows. He will probably choke the underneath and force Cam Newton to throw it farther past 10 yards consistently and be accurate, I am thinking. There is always this first game or two factor that I think will work in Cam's favor since the film on him will be based on the Patriots' system and that won't be what Matt Rhule will be running whatsoever. I think Cam has a very good game. However, I have Joe Burrow at LV as well, going with Burrow since I have the luxury of watching Cam from a distance. FF is a risky business anyways. :) 

19 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I don’t give a crap what they do, make DJ Moore score a darn tudder this week. He’s left me high and dry for too long now. I’ve been mashing the panic button on him for weeks, trying to trade him, and it’s just dud after dud after dud after darn dud from him. :facepalm:

I am going against him this week, hope he retains the dud, or maybe it is my luck that he bounces back. :( 

I know about the risks of fantasy; that's why I only play free or $1 or $2 games on fanduel. Once in a while I'll spend $3 in a tournament where you can get money back if your league scores over 100 points. I usually do well in that kind. I have a special account for fantasy only, where if I lose some, it doesn't hurt financially. 

Maybe D.J. Moore will do better if Newton returns. One can only hope if they have him in lineups.

48 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I am going against him this week, hope he retains the dud, or maybe it is my luck that he bounces back. :( 

I think he’s faded for the season. I actually think maybe that strong start from he and the Panthers was an aberration. I’ve got AJ Brown paired with him, and that’s been a swoon of its own. 

50 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

I know about the risks of fantasy; that's why I only play free or $1 or $2 games on fanduel. Once in a while I'll spend $3 in a tournament where you can get money back if your league scores over 100 points. I usually do well in that kind. I have a special account for fantasy only, where if I lose some, it doesn't hurt financially. 

Maybe D.J. Moore will do better if Newton returns. One can only hope if they have him in lineups.

I really hope a service like Stat Hero becomes legal in Indiana, or other platforms start implementing games like that. I’d much rather play that than standard DFS. I enter the yahoo free contests, (won $.93 on the season) but I just don’t care for the standard DFS play. 

I'll be starting Dak Prescott instead of Cam Newton. Rhule had said that Cam would start, but that P.J. Walker would also probably play. It sounds as though Cam might not be involved in the entire game, so I didn't want to chance it yet. I'll wait a couple weeks and see how things work out in Carolina before starting him. 

The Bills are a good defense, but I'm still starting Jonathan Taylor in a couple leagues, as the fantasy advice is never to bench your stud players. 

I’ve got two flex spots I need to settle this weekend, and my options aren’t great. Give me some arguments on it. 

Dalton Schultz 

Elijah Moore

Corey Davis

Kenny Golladay

I just brought Moore in this week via trade, I really liked what I saw in the Jets game out of him. I think he’s got some potential, but Flacco is starting and that inspires 0 confidence. 

Davis was dropped about 2 hours after my trade. With AJ Brown and DJ Moore flatlining I’m grasping at straws with WRs right now. He’s got a long history of disappointment, and again, Flacco at QB. Davis has also out-snapped and out-targeted Moore in every game he’s played, and that’s really causing me to mull this one over. 

Golladay was another free agent addition this week. He’s finally exited the injury report, but I dunno if I’m ready to take a chance on him just yet. Sterling Shepard (also a free agent so technically an option as well,) seems to be trending towards missing another game so the upside is there. 

Schultz has been a solid flex play this season until these last three weeks. The two blowouts haven’t helped him in terms of opportunity, but with Gallup back and him seemingly fading I’m nervous on him. However, they play the Chiefs. And that could wind up being a shootout type game, and there’s always upside against the KC defense. 

My gut says Golladay and Davis. I’m sure whatever I do it will be wrong. It’s been a long season in this league (I’m 4-6 and 3 of my losses have come being the second highest scoring team that week,) and it’s a must-win for me. 

The Dolphins have given up a lot of points to wide receivers, so Corey Davis seems a good start. The theory is that Flacco being starter could actually help the Jets' passing game. Davis and Moore might split targets, but I would go with Davis first. 

There is a good chance the Giants will play from behind, and this could help Golladay if Shepard is out. He didn't practice Friday and is doubtful. Kadarious Toney could cut into snaps for Golladay, but Jones needs to pass the ball around to score and he should be in the mix.  Go with Golladay.

I would fade Schultz since Gallup returns. Gallup and Lamb will most likely see most of the snaps with Amari Cooper being out. 

I won a small amount of cash with Jalen Hurts and Jonathan Taylor. I changed my mind about the Eagles and decided to give Hurts a chance; it paid off as Hurts got me 30 points. Taylor gave me 50. 

Another league with Dak Prescott and CeeDee Lamb got me nowhere.  So much for a shoot out in KC. 

On 11/22/2021 at 12:04 AM, John Waylon said:

Well, Moore caught his tudder. So that was nice. 

But I don’t even wanna talk about starting Corey Davis over Elijah Moore. I’m currently leading by 6.62 with Golladay left to play tomorrow while my opponent has the Tampa DST. That could wind up being a fatal misstep. 

Did you crash and burn with Tampa DST outscoring your lead and Golladay?

NFL coaches and players don't care about fantasy teams. There have been  weeks when a player is hyped up and they do nothing. Or someone I've never heard of takes all the snaps. 

I'm starting Jalen Hurts in a couple of my fantasy teams this week. I'm also starting Miles Sanders since the Eagles seem to be on track with the running game. Jordan Howard is out, so that's another reason. I realize what I previously said about starting any Eagles, but I changed my mind.  They have been improving. 

Hurts and Sanders did nothing Sunday. What was that I said about them improving? Fortunately, Taylor gave me 17 points and Jaylen Waddle gave me 24. At first I wasn't sure about adding Waddle, but I'm glad I went with him.  Then the Bengals defense helped a lot, so I I ended up doing well. 

I was in the Survivor contest on the NFL website, where you pick a winner each week. Three losses and you're out. I had chosen the Chargers this week, so that was third time I was wrong. Because of last week, I thought the Chargers were on a roll. That didn't work out as expected. 

2 hours ago, teganslaw said:

Hurts and Sanders did nothing Sunday. What was that I said about them improving? Fortunately, Taylor gave me 17 points and Jaylen Waddle gave me 24. At first I wasn't sure about adding Waddle, but I'm glad I went with him.  Then the Bengals defense helped a lot, so I I ended up doing well. 

I was in the Survivor contest on the NFL website, where you pick a winner each week. Three losses and you're out. I had chosen the Chargers this week, so that was third time I was wrong. Because of last week, I thought the Chargers were on a roll. That didn't work out as expected. 

Were the Patriots available? Were the Bills available for choice?

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Were the Patriots available? Were the Bills available for choice?

Neither one was available. The Survivor rules stated that you can't choose a team more than once. I had already picked the Patriots and Bills earlier this year. I could have/should have gone with the Packers. 

This week I'm starting TY Hilton (probably as flex) in a lineup. The Colts might resort more to the running game  but I can't resist this matchup with the Texans in Houston. I've been starting Taylor, so that will continue. 

I don't understand why fantasy analysts say to start Metcalf. He hasn't been in Wilson's sight for a few weeks, and the last time he dropped the balls he was thrown. I'll have to see more out of Metcalf before even considering him in my lineup. 

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

Anyone else having an issue starting Aaron Jones? I don't feel like I can trust him. The offense is too pass happy and I feel like even when they decide to run, it's Dillon getting most of the work.

Yep. I regretted drafting him all season until I traded him after the injury. I shopped him a few times but no one would bite until the injury. I’m not sorry he’s gone at all. Not even in the slightest. 

Archived