Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Fantasy Football

CR91

Many fantasy football analysts are saying to start Jonathan Taylor this week against the Dolphins. I've followed certain experts in the past and have been burned, so they don't always get it right. But they seem to trust Taylor because the Dolphins aren't great against the run. I'm seriously thinking about having him in some lineups, as he has been effective in past games. 

44 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Many fantasy football analysts are saying to start Jonathan Taylor this week against the Dolphins. I've followed certain experts in the past and have been burned, so they don't always get it right. But they seem to trust Taylor because the Dolphins aren't great against the run. I'm seriously thinking about having him in some lineups, as he has been effective in past games. 

With Reich on the sidelines both Hines and Taylor have high ceilings. 

They have equally low floors because you never know which one is going to rack up the points and which one turns in less than 10.

I'm glad I had Jonathan Taylor in my fantasy lineup; 103 yards! 

I also had the Jets defense, mostly because they were the cheapest in Fanduel. They had 7 sacks, so it turned out OK.  After today, the value will probably increase. 

On 9/30/2021 at 6:34 PM, John Waylon said:

With Reich on the sidelines both Hines and Taylor have high ceilings. 

They have equally low floors because you never know which one is going to rack up the points and which one turns in less than 10.

I’m done. Im * DONE with Colts RBs. I’ve already released Hines from my roster after starting him today. Taylor scored over 20 today. Even Mack had 3 points. Hines sored 0.1

0.1!

I. Am. D O N E. 

Reich and his RB roulette can get bent. I won’t be a victim of Colts RBs under Reich ever again. 

• Haha 3

On 10/3/2021 at 5:06 PM, John Waylon said:

I’m done. Im * DONE with Colts RBs. I’ve already released Hines from my roster after starting him today. Taylor scored over 20 today. Even Mack had 3 points. Hines sored 0.1

0.1!

I. Am. D O N E. 

Reich and his RB roulette can get bent. I won’t be a victim of Colts RBs under Reich ever again. 

Taylor got me the win 

4-0 in my work league. Team is Mahomes, WRs: Evans, Jefferson, Sutton , Mike Williams Hybrid: Patterson ( started him week 2), RBs: Jacobs, Conner, Sermon, Harris, Dillon, TEs: Andrews, Everett, K: Gay, Def: alternating between NE, Colts, Panthers if they are in free agency

New England defense got me 19 points a couple weeks ago. That's when they played the Jets; Wilson had 4 interceptions that game and was sacked plenty of times.  So I like their defense against Houston. Maybe not as many points, but it's still a solid choice in week 5. 

• Like 2

I have stashed Alex Collins on my bench, if Carson is ruled out, is he a good flex play?

My main RBs are Kamara and Chase Edmonds. My WRs are shaky - Godwin, Golladay, ARob, Tim Patrick, Kirk, and I picked up TE Dawson Knox and might play him in one of the 2 FLEX positions (have Dallas Goedert too on bench).  2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 WR/TE, 1 WR/RB/TE is roster make up allowed.

Thoughts??

Alex Collins will get a lot of carries if Carson is ruled out, so I think he's a good flex play. Carson is a game decision, though, so you might not know who will be Seattle's RB until the last minute. If Carson plays, it's possible that he won't be completely healthy. and would probably share snaps with Collins. 

I like Kenny Golladay this week. NFC East games are unpredictable, and the Giants-Cowboys could be a hard fought, close one. Golladay seems to coming into his own lately and is more involved in the offense than he was earlier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teganslaw said:

Alex Collins will get a lot of carries if Carson is ruled out, so I think he's a good flex play. Carson is a game decision, though, so you might not know who will be Seattle's RB until the last minute. If Carson plays, it's possible that he won't be completely healthy. and would probably share snaps with Collins. 

I like Kenny Golladay this week. NFC East games are unpredictable, and the Giants-Cowboys could be a hard fought, close one. Golladay seems to coming into his own lately and is more involved in the offense than he was earlier.

I just traded Golladay for Latavius Murray, hope it works out for me. :) 

1 hour ago, teganslaw said:

Good luck, although not TOO good. You know this will be against the Colts. :D

If Chris Carson doesn't go, that will solve the Alex Collins vs Latavius Murray dilemma for this week, so hope for that to happen for me. :) 

Justin Herbert helped me win 1st place in my fantasy league; he got me 42 points! Austin Ekeler did his part, also. Anyone who had Mike Williams in their fantasy team also struck gold. 

Dallas defense has been good. 12 points from that team , along with Zeke getting over 100 yards.  It was a nice week of football. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Justin Herbert helped me win 1st place in my fantasy league; he got me 42 points! Austin Ekeler did his part, also. Anyone who had Mike Williams in their fantasy team also struck gold. 

Dallas defense has been good. 12 points from that team , along with Zeke getting over 100 yards.  It was a nice week of football. 

I went against Ekeler, Najee Harris and James Robinson, in a half-PPR league, they got 74 points amongst the 3 of them. Thankfully my opponents' WRs Lockett, Corey Davis and Hockenson flopped a bit. I made 2 waiver moves - Kadarius Toney and Dawson Knox and played both of them on Sunday. THAT won me the game!!! Of course Kamara having his first 2 TD game of the season helped for the investment I made in him.

• Like 1

I don't know if TY Hilton is playing Sunday. If he does, would it be too soon to have him in my fantasy lineup? He does well against the Texans, but he might be a bit rusty if Sunday is his first start in 5 weeks. Go with him or not if he's ready?  I don't know for sure who I'd have if Hilton isn't available. I have a day to think about it.

2 hours ago, teganslaw said:

PPR 20 players. Can't decide between Davante Adams or DeAndre Hopkins. Adams has a good connection with Rodgers, and I like the Arizona-Houston matchup. I'm not sure how many targets Hopkins would get, though, if Arizona has a large lead.  They might go to the running game instead. 

All Arizona players are boom or bust options. Murray is the only safe start every week. Adams for sure. 

https://sleeper.app/roster/720866676991692800/1

Here’s my team this week. I may have to swap Shepard for Penny If he winds up being inactive but I’m willing if need be. This bye week is doing all it can to kill me for good after an already rough start. Whole bench and two IR spots full of guys off or out. :grumpy2:

• Thanks 1

Nevermind. Seeing the weather report for tomorrow night I had to bail on Wentz. Have Ryan right now, but Darnold against the Giants is also an option. I have DJ Moore at WR so any tudders they score (and they’re due 1 or 2) are two scores. Though I’m still predicted to win comfortably with Ryan. I dunno. I’ll probably roll with Ryan and hope he has another 20 point day. Darnold feels more boom or bust than I can afford.