Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Fantasy Football

CR91

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many fantasy football analysts are saying to start Jonathan Taylor this week against the Dolphins. I've followed certain experts in the past and have been burned, so they don't always get it right. But they seem to trust Taylor because the Dolphins aren't great against the run. I'm seriously thinking about having him in some lineups, as he has been effective in past games. 

44 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Many fantasy football analysts are saying to start Jonathan Taylor this week against the Dolphins. I've followed certain experts in the past and have been burned, so they don't always get it right. But they seem to trust Taylor because the Dolphins aren't great against the run. I'm seriously thinking about having him in some lineups, as he has been effective in past games. 

With Reich on the sidelines both Hines and Taylor have high ceilings. 

They have equally low floors because you never know which one is going to rack up the points and which one turns in less than 10.

On 9/30/2021 at 6:34 PM, John Waylon said:

With Reich on the sidelines both Hines and Taylor have high ceilings. 

They have equally low floors because you never know which one is going to rack up the points and which one turns in less than 10.

I’m done. Im * DONE with Colts RBs. I’ve already released Hines from my roster after starting him today. Taylor scored over 20 today. Even Mack had 3 points. Hines sored 0.1

0.1!

I. Am. D O N E. 

Reich and his RB roulette can get bent. I won’t be a victim of Colts RBs under Reich ever again. 

On 10/3/2021 at 5:06 PM, John Waylon said:

I’m done. Im * DONE with Colts RBs. I’ve already released Hines from my roster after starting him today. Taylor scored over 20 today. Even Mack had 3 points. Hines sored 0.1

0.1!

I. Am. D O N E. 

Reich and his RB roulette can get bent. I won’t be a victim of Colts RBs under Reich ever again. 

Taylor got me the win 

4-0 in my work league. Team is Mahomes, WRs: Evans, Jefferson, Sutton , Mike Williams Hybrid: Patterson ( started him week 2), RBs: Jacobs, Conner, Sermon, Harris, Dillon, TEs: Andrews, Everett, K: Gay, Def: alternating between NE, Colts, Panthers if they are in free agency

New England defense got me 19 points a couple weeks ago. That's when they played the Jets; Wilson had 4 interceptions that game and was sacked plenty of times.  So I like their defense against Houston. Maybe not as many points, but it's still a solid choice in week 5. 

I have stashed Alex Collins on my bench, if Carson is ruled out, is he a good flex play?

My main RBs are Kamara and Chase Edmonds. My WRs are shaky - Godwin, Golladay, ARob, Tim Patrick, Kirk, and I picked up TE Dawson Knox and might play him in one of the 2 FLEX positions (have Dallas Goedert too on bench).  2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 WR/TE, 1 WR/RB/TE is roster make up allowed.

Thoughts??

Alex Collins will get a lot of carries if Carson is ruled out, so I think he's a good flex play. Carson is a game decision, though, so you might not know who will be Seattle's RB until the last minute. If Carson plays, it's possible that he won't be completely healthy. and would probably share snaps with Collins. 

I like Kenny Golladay this week. NFC East games are unpredictable, and the Giants-Cowboys could be a hard fought, close one. Golladay seems to coming into his own lately and is more involved in the offense than he was earlier.

1 hour ago, teganslaw said:

Alex Collins will get a lot of carries if Carson is ruled out, so I think he's a good flex play. Carson is a game decision, though, so you might not know who will be Seattle's RB until the last minute. If Carson plays, it's possible that he won't be completely healthy. and would probably share snaps with Collins. 

I like Kenny Golladay this week. NFC East games are unpredictable, and the Giants-Cowboys could be a hard fought, close one. Golladay seems to coming into his own lately and is more involved in the offense than he was earlier.

I just traded Golladay for Latavius Murray, hope it works out for me. :) 

1 hour ago, teganslaw said:

Good luck, although not TOO good. You know this will be against the Colts. :D

If Chris Carson doesn't go, that will solve the Alex Collins vs Latavius Murray dilemma for this week, so hope for that to happen for me. :) 

Justin Herbert helped me win 1st place in my fantasy league; he got me 42 points! Austin Ekeler did his part, also. Anyone who had Mike Williams in their fantasy team also struck gold. 

Dallas defense has been good. 12 points from that team , along with Zeke getting over 100 yards.  It was a nice week of football. 

38 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Justin Herbert helped me win 1st place in my fantasy league; he got me 42 points! Austin Ekeler did his part, also. Anyone who had Mike Williams in their fantasy team also struck gold. 

Dallas defense has been good. 12 points from that team , along with Zeke getting over 100 yards.  It was a nice week of football. 

I went against Ekeler, Najee Harris and James Robinson, in a half-PPR league, they got 74 points amongst the 3 of them. Thankfully my opponents' WRs Lockett, Corey Davis and Hockenson flopped a bit. I made 2 waiver moves - Kadarius Toney and Dawson Knox and played both of them on Sunday. THAT won me the game!!! Of course Kamara having his first 2 TD game of the season helped for the investment I made in him.

I don't know if TY Hilton is playing Sunday. If he does, would it be too soon to have him in my fantasy lineup? He does well against the Texans, but he might be a bit rusty if Sunday is his first start in 5 weeks. Go with him or not if he's ready?  I don't know for sure who I'd have if Hilton isn't available. I have a day to think about it.

PPR 20 players. Can't decide between Davante Adams or DeAndre Hopkins. Adams has a good connection with Rodgers, and I like the Arizona-Houston matchup. I'm not sure how many targets Hopkins would get, though, if Arizona has a large lead.  They might go to the running game instead. 

2 hours ago, teganslaw said:

PPR 20 players. Can't decide between Davante Adams or DeAndre Hopkins. Adams has a good connection with Rodgers, and I like the Arizona-Houston matchup. I'm not sure how many targets Hopkins would get, though, if Arizona has a large lead.  They might go to the running game instead. 

All Arizona players are boom or bust options. Murray is the only safe start every week. Adams for sure. 

https://sleeper.app/roster/720866676991692800/1

Here’s my team this week. I may have to swap Shepard for Penny If he winds up being inactive but I’m willing if need be. This bye week is doing all it can to kill me for good after an already rough start. Whole bench and two IR spots full of guys off or out. :grumpy2:

Nevermind. Seeing the weather report for tomorrow night I had to bail on Wentz. Have Ryan right now, but Darnold against the Giants is also an option. I have DJ Moore at WR so any tudders they score (and they’re due 1 or 2) are two scores. Though I’m still predicted to win comfortably with Ryan. I dunno. I’ll probably roll with Ryan and hope he has another 20 point day. Darnold feels more boom or bust than I can afford. 

On 10/23/2021 at 10:02 AM, John Waylon said:

Nevermind. Seeing the weather report for tomorrow night I had to bail on Wentz. Have Ryan right now, but Darnold against the Giants is also an option. I have DJ Moore at WR so any tudders they score (and they’re due 1 or 2) are two scores. Though I’m still predicted to win comfortably with Ryan. I dunno. I’ll probably roll with Ryan and hope he has another 20 point day. Darnold feels more boom or bust than I can afford. 

I hope you stayed with Ryan; Darnold was a bust. and was benched. I wouldn't have Darnold in my fantasy lineup anytime soon. 

I won in my fantasy lineups this week. Had three lineups, and did well in all of them. Mostly because I had J'Marr Chase in all of them and also Kyle Pitts. My worse was the Jets defense in one lineup (a risk that didn't work out), but the other players bailed me out. 

21 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Mike Evans owners, are y’all benching him this week against Lattimore? He has 9 receptions in 4 years on Lattimore. 

@chad72

@Superman

@EastStreet

@CR91

@Narcosys

Depends on your alternatives. Feel free to share who you're choosing between and I'm give my opinion.

If we're just talking ME vs ML, it's a tough call.

• ML has been playing lights out this year despite the hand, and has his lowest passer rating allowed ever (so far).
  • ME had a great game last week.
  • Antonio Brown is likely out with an ankle, so likely means more targets to ME
  • Gronk is Q too with ribs, and ME is more a less a TE-lite at 6-5, so could mean even more targets.

If I were Arians and Gronk is out, I'd use ME a lot shallow and across the field horizontally to try and neutralize ML. 

7 hours ago, CR91 said:

The old adage is don't bench your starters. Saints haven't even been that good against WRs. Golladay and DJ Moore had good games.

8 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Depends on your alternatives. Feel free to share who you're choosing between and I'm give my opinion.

If we're just talking ME vs ML, it's a tough call.

• ML has been playing lights out this year despite the hand, and has his lowest passer rating allowed ever (so far).
  • ME had a great game last week.
  • Antonio Brown is likely out with an ankle, so likely means more targets to ME
  • Gronk is Q too with ribs, and ME is more a less a TE-lite at 6-5, so could mean even more targets.

If I were Arians and Gronk is out, I'd use ME a lot shallow and across the field horizontally to try and neutralize ML. 

My bench receiver is Sutton. Sutton plays Washington this week. I also have touchdown machine James Conner.

Remaining players on the bench are:

Mark Andrews bye

Logan Thomas IR 

Josh Jacobs bye

9 hours ago, runthepost said:

Mike Evans owners, are y’all benching him this week against Lattimore? He has 9 receptions in 4 years on Lattimore. 

@chad72

@Superman

@EastStreet

@CR91

@Narcosys

No, not with Antonio Brown out. He’s still going to get plenty of red zone looks. Plus not many QBs are accurate to hit ME back shoulder even when he’s covered like Brady.

8 minutes ago, runthepost said:

My bench receiver is Sutton. Sutton plays Washington this week. I also have touchdown machine James Conner.

Remaining players on the bench are:

Mark Andrews bye

Logan Thomas IR 

Josh Jacobs bye

Sutton is a stud, and is playing against one of the worst pass Ds.

Not sure the rules of your league, but easy start.

42 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Those are my starters for the week with Sutton on the bench. I tried to trade Sutton and Andrews for Chubb but it was declined.

You have me even more confused now.

Love ya guy, but please add full names and min rules or context going forward :goodluck:

Gotcha tho at least on easy calls, and most skill guys are easy calls.

PS... I hate fantasy because of what it does to "traditional fans"... I'll never cheer for a guy against Indy.

I was kinda a bookie'ish dude 25ish years ago, so can't act like a saint though.... And I did play fantasy a few years and won both, but was miserable.

#JustColtsNow

12 hours ago, CR91 said:

Guys I'm in a tough spot. Dak is not guaranteed to play Sunday night. I picked up Wentz, but I'm not sure rather to take a chance or go with Wentz

Take the chance and play Wentz. Even if Dak plays, they might lean on their run more with Dak and his calf limiting his boot legs and rushing ability, think about that. His movement in the pocket for passing might be limited too. At least for this week, it might be a push, IMO.

I don't know about these so called fantasy "experts." Several were saying to start Gainwell for the Eagles since Sanders is out. Well, Gainwell hardly got any touches and ended up with less than 50 yards. Boston Scott and Jordan Howard did most of it. 

Then the Bears were suppose to be a solid defense this week: I had them and they gave me a minus 1 point. Fortunately, I still did OK in fantasy, but one can't always trust these 'experts." Much of the time I need to rely on my own instincts. 

Also, did anyone have the Jets Mike White in fantasy? Who knew that was coming. 

1 minute ago, teganslaw said:

I don't know about these so called fantasy "experts." Several were saying to start Gainwell for the Eagles since Sanders is out. Well, Gainwell hardly got any touches and ended up with less than 50 yards. Boston Scott and Jordan Howard did most of it. 

Then the Bears were suppose to be a solid defense this week: I had them and they gave me a minus 1 point. Fortunately, I still did OK in fantasy, but one can't always trust these 'experts." Much of the time I need to rely on my own instincts. 

Also, did anyone have the Jets Mike White in fantasy? Who knew that was coming. 

Tell me about it. A GM drops Cole Beasley after a sub par start, and I had Dawson Knox. I realized he is having surgery on his broken hand at the bye week and is out 3 weeks. My gut told me, "who is going to get the underneath throws, go get Beasley" and I did, reaped the benefits big time yesterday in week 8.

Then Week 6, I had Christian Kirk, my opponent had Kyler Murray. Maxx Williams, their TE went on IR and there were rumors that Zach Ertz was going to be traded to them but it was not official yet. They were playing the Browns and the middle was vulnerable with no TE to throw to. My gut told me "steal points from your opponent's QB by playing Kirk since there is no TE in the middle and Kirk plays the slot" but I did not listen to it. I paid for it. Flash forward to week 8, Jalen Hurts is playing versus Lions who are worse against the run and WRs than versus TEs but then I had Goedert. This time I was not going to miss out on stealing points from my opponent's QB Hurts, I played Goedert, and it worked out.

Yes, 100%, listen to your f****ng gut man!!! Not expecting to play a RB like Jonas Gray and expect him to get 4 TDs but if your thought process has reasonable merit, based on your own experience of several years, trust it.

Archived