Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 IU Football Thread


Recommended Posts

Grew up in a Catholic family, with a full Irish grandmother, so ND is my 1st love. 

IU is my alma mater, and 2nd love.....

 

Big game in a few hours. Beat Iowa, and we make our way up the ranks. Currently #17, but a win should move us up two spots min with UNC losing, and Miami likely getting dusted by Bama....

 

Excited for the season. Best FB at IU in decades.

 

@crazycolt1 @Barry Sears @2006Coltsbestever

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Iowa blowing them out. I actually grew up a Cornhusker fan but they have sucked for a while. I have always been a IU basketball fan though. Why did I become a Cornhusker fan. It was 1983, I thought that was the greatest football I ever seen and I loved Tom Osborne. Weird but I loved their style of football. Their 1987 team with Taylor at QB and 'End Zone' Jones was pounding everyone but lost to Oklahoma, that team also has Neil Smith on D. Greatest team ever was the 1995 Huskers and I will stand by that forever. They had speed on D and an O.Line like an NFL team. Frazier was the best option QB of all-time. They beat teams by an average of 35 points a game. People today say that team couldn't beat passing offenses, that is laughable. That is all Florida did and Nebraska beat them 60-22 in the Title Game. Spurriers O didn't do squat against that speedy D Happy Season 17 GIF by The Simpsons- If that 1995 team played today's Alabama teams, I wouldn't be worried at all. If we played them in Lincoln we would blow the pants off of them on that old turf.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Penix just threw another INT, but got bailed out because Iowa roughed him lol.... 

 

Not sure why they aren't giving Tuttle a shot at QB. I get it, Pentix was great before injury last year,,, but he's a one man turnover machine today.

He's bad today. I had this game at 50/50 going in but IU getting smoked.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Iowa blowing them out. I actually grew up a Cornhusker fan but they have sucked for a while. I have always been a IU basketball fan though. Why did I become a Cornhusker fan. It was 1983, I thought that was the greatest football I ever seen and I loved Tom Osborne. Weird but I loved their style of football. Their 1987 team with Taylor at QB and 'End Zone' Jones was pounding everyone but lost to Oklahoma, that team also has Neil Smith on D. Greatest team ever was the 1995 Huskers and I will stand by that forever. They had speed on D and an O.Line like an NFL team. Frazier was the best option QB of all-time. They beat teams by an average of 35 points a game. People today say that team couldn't beat passing offenses, that is laughable. That is all Florida did and Nebraska beat them 60-22 in the Title Game. Spurriers O didn't do squat against that speedy D Happy Season 17 GIF by The Simpsons- If that 1995 team played today's Alabama teams, I wouldn't be worried at all. If we played them in Lincoln we would blow the pants off of them on that old turf.

Thought Frost would be better at Nebraska. Still looking shaky. 

I've always liked Nebraska. Not ND or IU level, but liked the team.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Take away the 2 P6s and 3rd INT, it was a close game....... 

Penix started the 2nd half decent, last drive bombed.... 

He was good last year, Don't know what s going on. Regarding Frost, I thought when he took over it would be like the glory days again. It's not. Lost to Illinois last week homer falling GIF

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He was good last year, Don't know what s going on. Regarding Frost, I thought when he took over it would be like the glory days again. It's not. Lost to Illinois last week homer falling GIF

 

IL is going to get better under BB. Lovie needed to go lol... Still shouldn't have beat Nebraska though IMO.

 

I have no idea what happened with Frost. Thinking this will be his last year.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

 

IL is going to get better under BB. Lovie needed to go lol... Still shouldn't have beat Nebraska though IMO.

 

I have no idea what happened with Frost. Thinking this will be his last year.

He's gone IMO. I am not sure who would fit their team. I thought Frost would, I don't see it at this point. You can run the ball more than throwing in college and win even today. Maybe Nebraska needs to bring in someone like Frazier, I have no idea what he is doing now days but man he was awesome as an option running QB. I am still so heart broken on how Lawrence Phillips life ended up. He was unreal in 1995 at Nebraska. Something twisted his mind somehow after that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He's gone IMO. I am not sure who would fit their team. I thought Frost would, I don't see it at this point. You can run the ball more than throwing in college and win even today. Maybe Nebraska needs to bring in someone like Frazier, I have no idea what he is doing now days but man he was awesome as an option running QB. I am still so heart broken on how Lawrence Phillips life ended up. He was unreal in 1995 at Nebraska. Something twisted his mind somehow after that.

They need to go grab Billy Napier, Jamey Chadwell, or Hugh Freeze before someone else does.

 

I hope Freeze stays at Liberty though and picks off P5 teams.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

They need to go grab Billy Napier, Jamey Chadwell, or Hugh Freeze before someone else does.

 

I hope Freeze stays at Liberty though and picks off P5 teams.

Nebraska won 52-7 today but they played Fordham lol. Can't even beat Illinois lmao . If Nebraska would've lost to a team like Illinois back in the 80's or 90's, Lincoln would do this washington seattle GIF- that was unheard of back then.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nebraska won 52-7 today but they played Fordham lol. Can't even beat Illinois lmao . If Nebraska would've lost to a team like Illinois back in the 80's or 90's, Lincoln would do this washington seattle GIF- that was unheard of back then.

 

Oh I remember dim days...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

 

Not defending the loss all that much, but UTSA is a pretty decent team. Only losses last year were to either ranked or very respectable teams. Barely lost to the Ragin Cajuns in their bowl.

I was just laughing because they beat Nebraska and turn around and lose that game. By no means does UTSA stink though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

not at all 

 

  There are many non IU fans Hoosiers

 just ask @HOZER

 

11 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

There are absolutely non-IU Hoosiers, but the overwhelming majority are ND, PU, or BSU fans...

Those are all IN-STATE schools..... UK, that's a who other story.


I work in West Lafayette and cover parts of Purdue’s campus, and I also live nearby….then my mom, brother, wife and now daughter have all been Boilermakers, so it’s kinda been forced on me lol! My sister is an IU grad, there’s always a bad egg!:lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, HOZER said:

I work in West Lafayette and cover parts of Purdue’s campus, and I also live nearby….then my mom, brother, wife and now daughter have all been Boilermakers, so it’s kinda been forced on me lol! My sister is an IU grad, there’s always a bad egg!:lol:

 

I grew up in downtown Indy, and was raised on ND FB and IU BB. Lou Holtz and Bobby Knight! My best friend was a PU fan back then, and my best friend now is a PU fan. We've both mellowed in the years, and now we cheer for each other's team so long as their not playing each other. He's actually become an ND FB fan (PU is still his #1). I live in the SE now. I cheer for every Indiana team these days so long as they are not playing ND or IU. 

 

UK however.... ewwwwwwwwwwwww

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, HOZER said:

 


I work in West Lafayette and cover parts of Purdue’s campus, and I also live nearby….then my mom, brother, wife and now daughter have all been Boilermakers, so it’s kinda been forced on me lol! My sister is an IU grad, there’s always a bad egg!:lol:

 I have several friends, students or former opponents who went or are attending Purdue 

 

  For the most part I am a fan of my local schools or where the local athletes are at

     So USI, UE, OCU, KWC, ISU

        

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

 

I grew up in downtown Indy, and was raised on ND FB and IU BB. Lou Holtz and Bobby Knight! My best friend was a PU fan back then, and my best friend now is a PU fan. We've both mellowed in the years, and now we cheer for each other's team so long as their not playing each other. He's actually become an ND FB fan (PU is still his #1). I live in the SE now. I cheer for every Indiana team these days so long as they are not playing ND or IU. 

 

UK however.... ewwwwwwwwwwwww


Always like Notre Dame as long as they weren’t  playing Purdue. I will even cheer for IU if Purdue is no longer in contention. Phinesee is a local product that went to school with my kids. Was hoping he’d pick Purdue!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, HOZER said:


Always like Notre Dame as long as they weren’t  playing Purdue. I will even cheer for IU if Purdue is no longer in contention. Phinesee is a local product that went to school with my kids. Was hoping he’d pick Purdue!!!

I cheer for IU at times but they tend to overlook/get out recruited/shoot themselves in the foot with the local recruits so more times than not I have rooting interests elsewhere

 

     I have not even mentioned the ties to Kentucky and Illinois the local media has

 

    There have been several local kids who went on to better and brighter things by choosing not to go to IU

    See

      Ken Dilger
      Matt Mauck

      Jeff Goldbach

      Jackie Young

    

    

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...