W: 181lbs
Vert: 34.5in
40: 4:43

Draft: 4R-103

Houston
2018: 28-287-1
2019: 22-254-0
2020: 17-203-2

Only played in 6 games in 2018, 9 in 2019, and 5 in 2020.

Below is an incomplete injury history. Looks mostly like hamstring issues

Injury predictor says 69% chance of injury, and will likely miss 1.6 games in 2021. 6.7% chance of injury per game.

Sep 30, 2017    Non-NFL    Inguinal Groin Pull Grade 1    Coutee was knocked out of the Oklahoma State game with a groin injury but was able to play the following week.

Aug 1, 2018    NFL    Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2    Coutee injured his hamstring in training camp and missed the first 3 games of the season.

Oct 21, 2018    NFL    Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2    Coutee re-injured his hamstring and missed 2 games.

Nov 26, 2018    NFL    Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2    Coutee re-injured his hamstring again and missed the final 5 games of the regular season. He returned for the playoffs.

Aug 8, 2019    NFL    Pedal Ankle (high) Sprain Grade 3    Coutee dealt with a sprained ankle that he suffered in the Texans' preseason opener. He missed Week 1 one game

Aug 2020 - Foot (minor stress fracture)

Dec 2020 - Knee

17 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Will post some stats and background a bit later, but here's last year's highlights to start with....

Very similar to TY's game IMO..... 

Pardon the fact a lot of highlights are against the Colts lol....

always liked Keke Coutee he’s killed us In a few games , his bigges knock has always been his ability to stay healthy.

3 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

always liked Keke Coutee he’s killed us In a few games , his bigges knock has always been his ability to stay healthy.

Yup. I loved him coming out of college. He blew up his senior year. Thought he was a steal in the 4th. As soon as he hit the NFL, the leg injury bug just wouldn't go away. 

I think the hamstring injuries can be dealt with by a good training/conditioning regiment. He didn't have those last year from what I can see. It was a foot fracture and knee last year lol... 

Like I said in another thread, 1 KC + 1 PC might = 1 good WR.

I kind of am shocked they let him hit the waivers. Is this a tanking move? What happened here? He seems like a dynamic and versatile weapon that many teams can use. At the very least I feel like they could have traded him at the deadline for a late round pick. This is weird?! Any considerations we don't know? Off field issues? Really really weird. 

Oh well, I'm happy we managed to get him. I think he can play for us, especially with Hilton's injury there is a clear path for him to get snaps for us. 

19 minutes ago, stitches said:

I kind of am shocked they let him hit the waivers. Is this a tanking move? What happened here? He seems like a dynamic and versatile weapon that many teams can use. At the very least I feel like they could have traded him at the deadline for a late round pick. This is weird?! Any considerations we don't know? Off field issues? Really really weird. 

Oh well, I'm happy we managed to get him. I think he can play for us, especially with Hilton's injury there is a clear path for him to get snaps for us. 

https://texanswire.usatoday.com/2021/09/02/nick-caserio-texans-released-keke-coutee/

20 minutes ago, stitches said:

I linked an article about the cut. Not much insight, just the injury history. 

IMO, they just decided they are rebuilding, and wanted to start with guys with better health profiles. And yes, they're probably hoping to get an early draft pick too lol. 

Doubt they would have gotten much if anything given his availability issues, in terms of trade value. It was a contract year for him,k and his production was low all three years. We might have lucked out on this one. Might also be just another health disaster that gets us excited too lol. Low risk, so I like it!

44 minutes ago, stitches said:

I think Colts fans think more highly of him than other people.   His only 2 100 yard games was against the Colts.  

He's missed 25 of 46 games of his career.  In 3 seasons he has 83 catches for 941 yards and 4 TD's. 

I'm hopeful but not getting my hopes up too much.

44 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Most teams that have been successful against us have done the same stuff. Dink/dunk, and verts up the middle. Pretty sure the smash route has been effective too.

Cover 2 isn't exactly a complicated defense. Very easy to find soft spots in the zones especially if there's a lack of pressure.

Just now, CR91 said:

Cover 2 isn't exactly a complicated defense. Very easy to find soft spots in the zone especially if there's a lack of pressure.

Our base (what we play most) is actually C3. 

That said, we varied our coverages more than other team though (we were not top 10 users of any coverage except C6/quarters).

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Our base (what we play most) is actually C3. 

That said, we varied our coverages more than other team though (we were not top 10 users of any coverage except C6/quarters).

I'm curious to see if we'd ever go with the cover 1 Seahawk defense. Rock in man coverage might actually benefit him since it seems he struggles in zone. 

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I'm curious to see if we'd ever go with the cover 1 Seahawk defense. Rock in man coverage might actually benefit him since it seems he struggles in zone. 

Seahawks are actually a Cover 3 team, and really only shift to Cover 1 on third down. They sprinkle in Cover 2 early downs, but still play C3 at one of the higher rates in the league. On 3rd, they'll stunt/blitz a ton and shift to C1.

But I agree, I'd like to see us in C1 on 3rd instead of quarters/C6 constantly. Rock came from a man system. Interestingly enough, I read an article from last year saying he graded better in zone than man. Didn't think we played all that much man last year.

Given our depth it is wonderful to have signed Keke Coutee. He should share the slot WR position. If you watch the tape he gave Kenny Moore alot of trouble. He knows how to find the open areas behind the LB. He is not big so he does get injured and that is why I think given our depth he is an excellent pick up. Being a smaller WR he has often gotten injured. I think that is why the Texans cut him.

55 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

Given our depth it is wonderful to have signed Keke Coutee. He should share the slot WR position. If you watch the tape he gave Kenny Moore alot of trouble. He knows how to find the open areas behind the LB. He is not big so he does get injured and that is why I think given our depth he is an excellent pick up. Being a smaller WR he has often gotten injured. I think that is why the Texans cut him.

Injuries yes. Appears hes bigger than TY in terms of size.

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

Injuries yes. Appears hes bigger than TY in terms of size.

But not in talent or durability, that's for sure.  My problem with him, besides he's always injured, is that he only seems to be good against us!  

He could be Parris insurance in some ways.  Not as fast though.

4 hours ago, Smonroe said:

But not in talent or durability, that's for sure.  My problem with him, besides he's always injured, is that he only seems to be good against us!  

He could be Parris insurance in some ways.  Not as fast though.

Some players get snake bitten with injury early in their careers. I like his upside. In terms of short area quickness i think hes quicker than Campbell. Maybe TY as well. I dont know his 40 in terms of long speed but he fa sho aint slow.

Colts fans know first hand that Keke Coutee can play. He usually ends up burning the Colts, haha. I would love to see him get some snaps while Hilton is OUT. MPJ and Pascal on the outside, while switching Campbell and Coutee into the slot. Would also love to see Strachan and MPJ on the field together in the redzone.

50 minutes ago, SchlicterSZN said:

Someone teach this man how to stretch!

Yup. Hamstrings can be avoided with the right training and conditioning IMO.

I think his hammie issues might be behind him though (not since 2018 IIRC). 

In 2019 it was a sprained ankle.

In 2020, stress fracture to foot to start the year... 

Good news is, IIRC, he ended 2020 well (and healthy), probably his best stretch ever from a health and stats perspective. 

Archived