Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The 2021 Texans A season To Be Ashamed Of

King Colt

It will be tedious to listen to the Houston media address the weekly facts and issues about their Texans. For decades now it has been one aggravation after another even in their positive years. While I could care less about them the morning sport talk radio here is spot on and pulls no punches about their team's performances. They are predicted to be horrible this year by the majority of the football world adding to the quarterback trouble it is going to be sticky for the folks in our media. Maybe the best way to call this season for the Texans is a sad soap opera. 

12 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

My question is,   is DeSean refusing to play or is Houston just not playing him?     The NFL isn't keeping from playing..... yet

Just checked the Texan's website. They have Watson listed as #3 backup QB. I think they're not going to play him. What a mess.

7 hours ago, MPStack said:

They should just cut Watson and move on. It’s going to get worse before it gets better for the Texans. 

They’re not cutting him.

Odds are, they hope to be able to trade him in roughly 6-7 months or so.   Get some assets in return.  

But for right now,  it’s the Texans call to not play him.   On a number of levels,  it’s the right call. 

22 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

My question is,   is DeSean refusing to play or is Houston just not playing him?     The NFL isn't keeping from playing..... yet

4 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Pretty sure he is refusing to play for them. There was some scuttle about them trying to get him to play this year and trade him after the season.

Houston does not want to play him under any circumstances.   The Texans want zero to do with him.     Hard to sell him to the fan base. 

The question becomes where does Watson go during a game or during practice.   Right now, things are awkward at best. 

EDIT NOTE:   Just read an ESPN story from the beginning of the week.  Watson will likely be a healthy scratch all season long.  He likely will not travel with the team (didn't on their two pre-season road games) and is not expected on the sidelines of the home games.  (Wasn’t for the one pre-season home game).   He  has been at practice and is said to be cooperative, but it doesn’t sound like he does much of anything. 

Texans hope the legal drama plays out over the next 7-8 months and they can trade Watson next off-season. 

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

I feel sorry for Texan Fans. That is not an easy thing for me to do. Somewhere, in the past....the Texans HAD to be aware of at least some of what this person has been and was doing. There is a hound of Jackals biting their behind now. 

Why did the Texans have to know?    This was all done away from the facility.  No other players involved to the best of my knowledge. 

How could Houston know? 

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Why did the Texans have to know?    This was all done away from the facility.  No other players involved to the best of my knowledge. 

How could Houston know? 

That many people over that many years that this person has had odd behavior in private? Com'n bro. There was at least some reputation. If any executive in the front office was to look me in the eye and say that they had NO idea. I would belly laugh. Sports is an arena where things are swept under the rug. From high school through the pros. 

In addition, the length they go to vett a high profile player? 

9 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

That many people over that many years that this person has had odd behavior in private? Com'n bro. There was at least some reputation. If any executive in the front office was to look me in the eye and say that they had NO idea. I would belly laugh. Sports is an arena where things are swept under the rug. From high school through the pros. 

In addition, the length they go to vett a high profile player? 

Huh?

Your argument is people had to know because people had to know.   Watson’s reputation was spotless.  A choir boy who loved his mother.   He was vetted. 

Perhaps he went wild because he became a multi-millionaire and he moved away from family.   I don’t know.   He wouldn’t be the first pro athlete to go wild when he got money and freedom. 

But all you’ve offered is skepticism, no proof.  

1 hour ago, teganslaw said:

Maybe Watson should just say to heck with everything and retire. The Texans don't want him; he doesn't want to be there, so what's the point of sitting on the sidelines, doing nothing? Maybe the pay is too good.... I don't know. 

He would lose out on a ton of money

Did something happen with DW to put this situation in the news again?

This situation is a logical outcome of the events as they unfolded last year.

Between bad mouthing the org, and indirectly many of the fans, over stuff only his warped lens could see; to the weird personal behavior he has around either sex or controlling women issues, DW may be the most unlikeable player and least respected person in the NFL right now.  He may have surpassed Ray Rice back in the day.

Tarrod Taylor seems like a likable guy to cheer for all the way to 0-16 season.  They were 4-12 with DW last year.  Sit him.  I see no real loss here other than a wasted roster spot and some billionaire's cash.

10 hours ago, teganslaw said:

Maybe Watson should just say to heck with everything and retire. The Texans don't want him; he doesn't want to be there, so what's the point of sitting on the sidelines, doing nothing? Maybe the pay is too good.... I don't know. 

It’s not just the pay for this year….

Its the potential pay for the rest of his career. If he’s cleared of the charges, life returns somewhat to normal.   If he cuts a deal, and the NFL suspends him as expected, DW would return to a somewhat normal life at some point.   Let’s guess 2023.    He misses this year and next.   But eventually he has a life again.   But even if he’s found guilty,  and never plays again, he needs to make all the money he can for as long as he can.  Lawyers are expensive.  The rest of his life will need money.    

Archived