Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Initial Colts Practice Squad Roster

EastStreet

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Malik Hooker signed with Dallas and is on their roster I believe.  So this safety was waived and we sign him to our practice squad.  How Ironic is that?

Hooker landed in a good spot. Made the team, and the guy in front of him isn't great.

and they got him for the vet min IIRC

19 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

His cousin just got cut from GB too.

He has 6 uncles and 11 cousins that played, or are playing college FB. Many at BYU.

Great family. Aunt is the Mayor of Provo.

He's a great kid. Hope he finds a spot somewhere, but if he doesn't, he's going to do well in whatever he does.

His cousin Bronson was the one cut by G.B but got signed to their practice squad (Rodgers loves him), his other cousin Corbin (Bronson's brother) got cut by San Fran same day also resigned on their practice squad.

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

His cousin Bronson was the one cut by G.B but got signed to their practice squad (Rodgers loves him), his other cousin Corbin (Bronson's brother) got cut by San Fran same day also resigned on their practice squad.

Yup. I read (it's twitter, so grain of salt), that Rodgers went off when Bronson got cut.

Seems GB always picks AR's favs lol... 

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Figures.  I always thought we should have given him another opportunity when no one sighed him right away.  Oh well.

Yup... Unless there were lasting impacts from his injury, we should have kept him for cheap. 

Our #2 FS was Chachere.. he got cut... we now have zero backup FSs... Odum was listed as the backup FS last year, but they never wanted to play him (he's not a FS IMO...)... He's now listed as our backup SS.

You'd think Hooker would be decent in the scheme we've started playing more  of.  Oh well.

On 9/3/2021 at 9:39 PM, richard pallo said:

Malik Hooker signed with Dallas and is on their roster I believe.  So this safety was waived and we sign him to our practice squad.  How Ironic is that?

We all got excited about Hooker (the top guy on our draft board supposedly) when he played so well his firs few games as a Colt.
  3 int.'s as i recall.
 But sorry, after his injury the guy was shoved 25 yards downfield for some reason and never did much of anything. He lost the edge i would guess, afraid of another injury. I was super glad to be rid of him.

Archived