Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Initial Colts Practice Squad Roster

EastStreet

25 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Just showed you the quote in the original thread. Again, you are wrong. I twist facts to pat myself on the back? You reference him making the team in 2019 and a hypothetical in 2020 to say I was wrong about a statement I made for the 2021 season. You are literally so afraid of admitting you were wrong that you will make yourself look like a fool to try and shelter your pride. If I need a chiropractor, you clearly need a therapist.

You clearly don't spend much time here.    I'm not afraid to admit I'm wrong.   I'm wrong plenty.    And I own my mistakes.

If you want to cherry pick comments.    Go right ahead.     

If you want to claim victory,  go right ahead.

If you want people here to think you know what you're talking about,  you're taking the exact wrong approach.

Your call.....

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You clearly don't spend much time here.    I'm not afraid to admit I'm wrong.   I'm wrong plenty.    And I own my mistakes.

If you want to cherry pick comments.    Go right ahead.     

If you want to claim victory,  go right ahead.

If you want people here to think you know what you're talking about,  you're taking the exact wrong approach.

Your call.....

Think I’ve made it very clear I don’t care what others think. I care about being right. Basing your perception of someone’s intelligence or competence on whether or not they’re nice is a colossal mistake.

2 hours ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Think I’ve made it very clear I don’t care what others think. I care about being right. Basing your perception of someone’s intelligence or competence on whether or not they’re nice is a colossal mistake.

First....

I never said anything about intelligence or competence....

And I certainly made no mention of nice.....     in fact, around here I have a reputation with some for NOT being very nice.  (Not that I'm proud of it,  just saying...)   

What I did say is your approach is not likely to win you much support.   Or have other posters take you very seriously.    If you're fine with that,  then by all means keep doing your thing.     You be you.

Good luck with that...

8 hours ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Feel free to point out where I was wrong. Noticed you missed that.

Go find me a take I’ve been wrong on before you say “one in a row”

You didn't think tell was as good as Richard Sherman

And you don't think a 4th round qb will ever be a franchise qb. 

Wow,  those are super hot takes.   

6 hours ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

I base my perception of intelligence and competence on height.  Its really how all men are accurately judged.

short people are dummer...... its science dude.  I think its the stale air they breathe.

On 9/1/2021 at 7:23 PM, EastStreet said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Tell. Does he go to another team's PS, and go back to SAF?

We are so deep at WR, thought maybe Black would have been cut before Vaughns. Jefferson had a great camp and played well in preseason game before injury he wasnt going to be cut so Bolton was expendable

2 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

We are so deep at WR, thought maybe Black would have been cut before Vaughns. Jefferson had a great camp and played well in preseason game before injury he wasnt going to be cut so Bolton was expendable

Purely my opinion, but I like Vaughns over Black. And over Tell. 

It's the PS, so not going to lose sleep.

30 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Purely my opinion, but I like Vaughns over Black. And over Tell. 

It's the PS, so not going to lose sleep.

I was about to post the same thing.  Vaughns looked really good, but Black did everything right too.

I'm thinking they sign Angela Davis next.  Can't have too many Davis's on the PS!

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

I was about to post the same thing.  Vaughns looked really good, but Black did everything right too.

I'm thinking they sign Angela Davis next.  Can't have too many Davis's on the PS!

Vaughns has been incredibly consistent/productive every year he's played. Black had a good camp, but was very inconsistent through college. 

Oh well. Like I said, it's the PS, so not going to lose sleep. 

Who is Angela Davis?

49 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Total meh for me....

Surprised they let both Bolton and Vaughns go. Both had great camps.

Davis is a QB turned WR turned TE out of GT.... total project. 

And Tell just hasn't moved the needle for me at all this year.

Agreed. But I also have a feeling that the practice squad will be more revolving doors than usual.

Im Out GIF

Black staying over Vaughns has everything to do with measurables at this point (IMHO) - though Black did play well in the preseason too.  Black is the better athlete with higher upside. Though the way Ballard churns his PS every week he better keep up the same performance levels as camp and preseason or he will get replaced as well!

Tell is the same, freak athlete that was behind the curve this year after sitting out last year. There is still room for development for him at CB!

Tyler Davis is another one of those rare athletes at the TE position - QB to WR to TE as he bulked up. So he gets a look to see if he can stick.  He could be a good move TE, or he could be gone in two weeks as Ballard churns! LOL 

I guess Bolton was expendable due to Malik Jefferson's presence on the PS (another freak athlete). 

16 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Vaughns has been incredibly consistent/productive every year he's played. Black had a good camp, but was very inconsistent through college. 

Oh well. Like I said, it's the PS, so not going to lose sleep. 

Who is Angela Davis?

Why she's Ben Davis's sister, of course. 

(Sorry, probably before your time.  He was a very good player for the Browns back in the day.  She was a political activist and college professor.  Pretty amazing family)

1 minute ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Agreed. But I also have a feeling that the practice squad will be more revolving doors than usual.

Maybe. Good chance especially if we're hit by injuries. 

Having 16 though probably helps stabilize, but also allows flips at the same time.

We have several guys I'm pretty "meh" on (on the PS). But it's the PS.... so not a big deal. 

16 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Black staying over Vaughns has everything to do with measurables at this point (IMHO) - though Black did play well in the preseason too.  Black is the better athlete with higher upside. Though the way Ballard churns his PS every week he better keep up the same performance levels as camp and preseason or he will get replaced as well!

Tell is the same, freak athlete that was behind the curve this year after sitting out last year. There is still room for development for him at CB!

Tyler Davis is another one of those rare athletes at the TE position - QB to WR to TE as he bulked up. So he gets a look to see if he can stick.  He could be a good move TE, or he could be gone in two weeks as Ballard churns! LOL 

I guess Bolton was expendable due to Malik Jefferson's presence on the PS (another freak athlete). 

Agreed. Going to bet Vaughns gets grabbed up though.

I realize Black is the better RAS guy, but his college production pales to Vaughns. And Vaughn had other stud WRs around him every year. Vaughn also does all the little things well. And his route running is spot on. Gets good separation even though he lacks top end speed.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Agreed. Going to bet Vaughns gets grabbed up though.

I realize Black is the better RAS guy, but his college production pales to Vaughns. And Vaughn had other stud WRs around him every year. Vaughn also does all the little things well. And his route running is spot on. Gets good separation even though he lacks top end speed.

Agreed 100%. Vaughns will likely see his way back on the roster. Measurables and projection rule the day currently

I still wanted Isaiah Kaufusi on the team or practice squad. He’s a good player and I think he will be solid if given the chance. Yea I’m a Utah resident and watched him a lot at BYU so I’m probably a bit biased. 

I think we’ve got a solid team I sure hope that just one of these PS guys pan out into something solid for us.

4 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I still wanted Isaiah Kaufusi on the team or practice squad. He’s a good player and I think he will be solid if given the chance. Yea I’m a Utah resident and watched him a lot at BYU so I’m probably a bit biased. 

I think we’ve got a solid team I sure hope that just one of these PS guys pan out into something solid for us.

Most here really liked Kaufusi, Im shocked no one has even added him to a practice squad as of yet. 

32 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Most here really liked Kaufusi, Im shocked no one has even added him to a practice squad as of yet. 

31 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Me too honestly. Quite shocked!

His cousin just got cut from GB too.

He has 6 uncles and 11 cousins that played, or are playing college FB. Many at BYU.

Great family. Aunt is the Mayor of Provo.

He's a great kid. Hope he finds a spot somewhere, but if he doesn't, he's going to do well in whatever he does.

Archived