Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard Presser Today at 4:05pm: How to view and discussion

EastStreet

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Well Ty is likely to retire for sure now. Sucks, but hopefully we have some young guns that can step up in his place. 

Everyone is talking like the surgery went better than they could have hoped and TY had immediate relief. I’m hopeful he’s back this season. 

13 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Well Ty is likely to retire for sure now. Sucks, but hopefully we have some young guns that can step up in his place. 

I am not sure how you got that from what Ballard said.  I mean Ballard said it was a minor procedure and TY got relief from it.  That’s the best news you could hope for given the situation.  I get that necks are nothing to mess around with but today’s news was good news.

29 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Everyone is talking like the surgery went better than they could have hoped and TY had immediate relief. I’m hopeful he’s back this season. 

I don’t know about retire but I can comfortably say it’s his last season with the Colts. 

16 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am not sure how you got that from what Ballard said.  I mean Ballard said it was a minor procedure and TY got relief from it.  That’s the best news you could hope for given the situation.  I get that necks are nothing to mess around with but today’s news was good news.

Yup. Went well, immediate relief, etc.. Disc surgery can vary, but normal recovery is 3-4 weeks give or take. It's not like he had anything fused. We'll never know the specifics, but I bet it's that micro like "trim" surgery. I know a few that had that done.

If it was minor, might return better than ever. Stinks he's out for the start though.

2 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

Retire? Why?

2 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Because two years ago, TY said he would sign just one more contract before hanging it up.  

he’s done that. I think he was to retire before this, this just makes it all the more likely.

hes now had surgery on his neck area, is being placed on IR, which means he’s out at for at least 8 weeks to be able to return. That’s assuming all goes well. 

48 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

IMO, we likely won't know till game time. Make Seattle game plan for both QBs.

Doubt there’s much difference in the game prep

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Because two years ago, TY said he would sign just one more contract before hanging it up.  

he’s done that. I think he was to retire before this, this just makes it all the more likely.

hes now had surgery on his neck area, is being placed on IR, which means he’s out at for at least 8 weeks to be able to return. That’s assuming all goes well. 

Couple things.

1.) T.Y almost accepted a multiple year deal with the Ravens. I think he will look for another year or so after this. He did say his next contract would be his last, but I think he expected the Colts to offer a longer deal.

2.) Being on IR doesn’t mean he is out a minimum of 8 weeks…. It means 3 weeks.

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Agree somewhat, but mostly because Wentz is coming off foot surgery.

Disagree somewhat because I think most teams would expect Eason to throw less, and more dink/dunk. Would probably expect shallower zone vs Eason, and more blitzing.

They'll be conservative with Wentz too, but he'd have a longer leash.

With TY out, probably a lot of double big sets for either. 

6 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Couple things.

1.) T.Y almost accepted a multiple year deal with the Ravens. I think he will look for another year or so after this. He did say his next contract would be his last, but I think he expected the Colts to offer a longer deal.

I forgot they changed it last month. 

5 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Couple things.

Yup. And when he said one more contract, doubt he envisioned a one year contract.

The disc thing sounded like an old, perhaps nagging problem. If so, the surgery may give him a fresh outlook assuming it cured some historical issues.

34 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Oh ok you mean in general not because of what Ballard said.

7 hours ago, csmopar said:

I think you’re right. I remember when he signed with the Colts he talked very openly with Pat McAfee about wanting the 1 year contract and getting it at the price he wanted. He wouldn’t say his plan was to retire after the 1 year, but….

Add spinal issues to that, and I think Mr Ghost is ready to kickback and enjoy his baby Ghosts.

6 hours ago, basketballsteve said:

Indianapolis Colts GM Chris Ballard: 'Consequences' for players unvaccinated against COVID-19.

Those consequences will be felt on game day and will be served by the entire team being less ready to perform.  There is no I in the word consequences.

There was a Q though.

On 9/1/2021 at 6:49 PM, EastStreet said:

Yup. Went well, immediate relief, etc.. Disc surgery can vary, but normal recovery is 3-4 weeks give or take. It's not like he had anything fused. We'll never know the specifics, but I bet it's that micro like "trim" surgery. I know a few that had that done.

If it was minor, might return better than ever. Stinks he's out for the start though.

It's only "minor surgery" if it's on some other guy. :D

Archived