Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Roster Cuts Thread

stitches

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IndyEric07 said:

BPerriman cut by Lions! I know Colts are already good at wr, but is it worth a look after TYs injury?

Not a chance. The Lions have one of the worst receiving groups in the NFL and he couldn't stay on their roster. He looked awful Friday night against us. 

27 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

you beat me to it.  I've heard of this done a long time ago.  I always thought it was risky.

Waivers are batched at the end of the day, then processed the following day. Every team works off a comprehensive list, so when you release a guy doesn't really matter. It's all about whether a team wants your guy enough to let go of one their own players.

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

A bit shocked he was one of the earliest cuts

Just because it came out now doesn’t mean he was one of the first cuts it just means we found out early.  Irsay said difficult decisions were being made today so I think the Colts are doing all their cuts today.  From there they have to notify people and I doubt the first thing any of them do is go I just got cut better call the media and let them know!  The media just reports stuff as they find out from sources and the sources are probably not always on the first to notify list either.

14 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

A revolving door couldn't be much worse than Tevi was.  I hope that's not the bar we're setting.

At this point guys getting cut are not guys who have performed well.   Anyone we claim is likely NOT to be someone who has great pre-season tape or even good. 

But they might hopefully have traits that we like.  We might have a good eval on them from college or a previous NFL team.   Something that says we might be able to get something out of the player that a previous team didn’t. 

Just saying….

37 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

This could be a interesting  player to take a look at. Our ends made him look bad though Friday.

I think there would definitely be interest there. But I'm pretty sure he was injury waived, not sure the severity though. Interesting none the less.

20 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

At this point guys getting cut are not guys who have performed well.   Anyone we claim is likely NOT to be someone who has great pre-season tape or even good. 

But they might hopefully have traits that we like.  We might have a good eval on them from college or a previous NFL team.   Something that says we might be able to get something out of the player that a previous team didn’t. 

Just saying….

The majority of the time that is true, but certain teams have a lot of depth at specific positions and can't keep everyone.  They are hoping to sneak some guys on the practice squad. 

We hit a home run when Pats waived Kenny Moore.

20 minutes ago, w87r said:

My guess is Jackson

Vaughns has outside chance, increased a little with TY injury.

If any.

If Vaughns makes the roster as a TY replacement, that would be cool, I like his game. However, TY has to start on the 53 and then get placed on IR before Vaughns could be signed to the active roster. So technically, Vaughns would not make the initial 53 because of a paperwork shuffle. 

7 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

If Vaughns makes the roster as a TY replacement, that would be cool, I like his game. However, TY has to start on the 53 and then get placed on IR before Vaughns could be signed to the active roster. So technically, Vaughns would not make the initial 53 because of a paperwork shuffle. 

I really like Vaughns too.  But I'm guessing Harris has more value to the Colts.  He's more of a TY type of player, and he knows the system.  

I hope they can find a way to keep them both on the PS.

6 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

My surprise move is a Marlon Mack trade. The Ravens could offer a decent draft pick or perhaps a player that would intrigue Ballard PLUS it gives Mack (whom the FO LOVES) an opportunity to start.

Not as crazy as it may sound.  IMO, the main reason they signed Mack was they were helping him out by showing the rest of the NFL that he could still play.  And in the meantime, give us extra insurance behind Taylor.  I don't think he was ever going to be on the 2022 roster.

17 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

My surprise move is a Marlon Mack trade. The Ravens could offer a decent draft pick or perhaps a player that would intrigue Ballard PLUS it gives Mack (whom the FO LOVES) an opportunity to start.

I have always thought he was a candidate for a trade even with his 2 mil guaranteed. The Ravens are now an interesting possibility.  We will see.

2 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

This is just an idea not a jab at you but can we start another thread for other NFL moves or speculation of how those moves might impact the Colts?  The Colts cuts alone will be hard enough to track in this thread until the team releases the list.

Archived