Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Seahawks @ Colts Part 1: Stats Comparison and Matchup

EastStreet

I know the Colts have been historically bad in week one games but the lack of respect for the Colts is hilarious. So many people are crapping on Carson but need to realize he's no longer with the Eagles and that regardless of how he played last year he has shown the ability to play at a MVP level when he's on his game. I'm praying Carson goes out there and rips the Seahawks defense apart and the Colts come away with the W.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Carrie was the starting outside Corner opposite Rhodes for a while before injury. He's still listed as starter on the Colts depth chart. He's also the primary NB backup. 

So you can't have one guy competing for a starter slot who at minimum will get a good % of reps, who is also backup NB, and also the backup S... 

A guy can only wear so many hats.

Rock  was the starter yesterday wuth what the media was allowed to see. Carrie also took safety snaps before the injury.

1 hour ago, JediXMan said:

Paye first test.

This was a huge domino to fall for them. Basically got a raise (no extension). He's been at practice and walkthroughs, just not going live reps. Not sure there will be that much rust at all. 

And yes, Paye's first test. I haven't checked yet, but their LG was also Q with injury.

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

DK and TM are one of the best overall tandems, but are also considered some of the best deep threat WRs in the game. Both CBs and SAFs will likely have their hands full. Probably the best tandem will see all year, especially long. I just wonder how opened-up they'll be in game one. Big test for Blackmon if they do go long.

I think (uh-oh) that Wilson and his outstanding WR 1 & 2 combination will have a big day. That said, the whole left side of their O line is either banged up or rusty. The Colts should be able to put up decent points against this D. The real key reminds me of the Freeney - Mathis days when a couple of late sacks would make the difference. I freely admit that we don't have those guys, but I believe the depth on this D line could achieve the same results. In other words "Run Russell Run"!

6 minutes ago, bleevit said:

I think (uh-oh) that Wilson and his outstanding WR 1 & 2 combination will have a big day. That said, the whole left side of their O line is either banged up or rusty. The Colts should be able to put up decent points against this D. The real key reminds me of the Freeney - Mathis days when a couple of late sacks would make the difference. I freely admit that we don't have those guys, but I believe the depth on this D line could achieve the same results. In other words "Run Russell Run"!

Not sure how rusty Brown will be. He's been at practice, working out, and going through walk throughs. Basically everything except contract reps. He'll have that this week. He's a vet, so not sure the impact is going to be all that much.

Lewis (LG) is another question. Haven't seen much about his oblique status. We'll know more tomorrow when the official injury report starts. 

Their CB status is very interesting.

On 8/30/2021 at 12:55 PM, Wentzszn said:

I remember on this forum the year Grover came in, I posted that the quick feet he learned from putting the shot in college might eventually bear fruit. Take all that baby blubber off him and you're left with a big fast MAN. I'm looking for a break out from the Grovenator this year. I've always followed him closely and I really think he's ready, especially with Buck applying the heat that he brings. At least, I think I was right once. LOL. Grove!

1 hour ago, bleevit said:

I remember on this forum the year Grover came in, I posted that the quick feet he learned from putting the shot in college might eventually bear fruit. Take all that baby blubber off him and you're left with a big fast MAN. I'm looking for a break out from the Grovenator this year. I've always followed him closely and I really think he's ready, especially with Buck applying the heat that he brings. At least, I think I was right once. LOL. Grove!

If our DEs are improved, Grover will benefit too. 

If we could get just decent sack production from NT on early downs, it would be huge.

Archived